Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My journey 983 Views

My journey 21 Sep 2015 20:18 #264370

• Arye b.g.l.
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Fresh Boarder
It's my first day,
I hope to reach high בעז"ה

Re: My journey 21 Sep 2015 20:47 #264373

• waydown
  • Platinum Boarder
you have already reached high tzadik. By agreeing to join this hielga site and work on oneself rather than status quo you are a tzadik! Welcome and lots of luck.

Re: My journey 22 Sep 2015 01:45 #264407

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I wish you much hatzlacha on your journey.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: My journey 24 Sep 2015 12:10 #264508

• Arye b.g.l.
  • Fresh Boarder
So yom Kippur is behind us,

But the fight is only starting,
That monster is not happy that I'm trying, well I got 3 days, so what? That was easy, the first day OK I made a decision to do teshuva he gave me a break, the 2nd day was erev Tom kipur big deal I had no time to sin, day 3 yom kipur big shtink who thinks of doing an aveirah, oh but last night he came out full fource, (for some reason he always gets right after yom kipur just to bring me down) he filled my dreams with garbage, I even woke up in middle of the night, this morning when I got into my car he pushed my eyes in every direction, so I decided that I'm pulling over to write,
So here I am even if I fall today it won't be without a fight, & hashem please help me that I win this one just this one day,

Please if anyone can give me chizuk please do,

Re: My journey 24 Sep 2015 15:56 #264534

• Damientweeter
  • Current streak: 45 days
  • Senior Boarder
Don't panic!
If the יצר הרע is really putting that much effort into tempting you, then there must be alot of potential. הצלחה רבה

Re: My journey 24 Sep 2015 17:49 #264553

• goodchange613
  • Expert Boarder
Hi and welcome!

I also just joined so I know how you feel, the first couple of days are the hardest imho. "kol hascholos koshos" but don't give in! we're all rooting for you here, go aryeh go!

Re: My journey 24 Sep 2015 18:18 #264560

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome,

Keep it strong. I relate with you in two ways. 1 that in the beginning it is very hard. 2 that after yom kipur or any uplifting yom tov we get bombarded with the YH to bring us down. we need to take it 1 day at a time. We daven to hashem that he should help us get throughthe day. we admit that we are powerless and that only hashem can help us.

Hatzlacha
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes