Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just started 1307 Views

Just started 21 Sep 2015 13:49 #264289

• kedusha18
  • Fresh Boarder
This is my first time trying guardyoureyes.com and I hope it's as good and as useful as what I've heard because I just want to be done with this problem and move on with my life. I hope that knowing that there are others like me out there help me an others on our hoy journey.

Re: Just started 21 Sep 2015 14:16 #264292

• cordnoy
Welcome,

It will be as useful as you make it to be.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Just started 21 Sep 2015 15:04 #264300

• waydown
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome,

"I just want to be done with this problem and move on with my life."

I think generally you are never "done with this problem". Its here to stay. You can only learn how to live with it or better yet live without it but beware its never done with.

On the brighter side of things, Joining GYE and taking life serious is a very good start. Just keep up at it.

Re: Just started 21 Sep 2015 16:59 #264332

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
WELCOME! WELCOME!

waydown wrote:
Welcome,

"I just want to be done with this problem and move on with my life."

I think generally you are never "done with this problem". Its here to stay. You can only learn how to live with it or better yet live without it but beware its never done with.

not if you aren't an addict. let's not jump to conclusions.

there are a lot of tools here that can help. but it is dependant on ur willingness to use them.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com
Last Edit: 21 Sep 2015 16:59 by shlomo24.

Re: Just started 21 Sep 2015 17:10 #264334

• waydown
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo if you are not addict its still all around us and will always be dangling in our face. The only real differnece between an addict and non addict is how we approcah it but its here to stay.

Re: Just started 21 Sep 2015 18:03 #264344

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
If you properly isolate yourself and you are not an addict I don't think you'll seek out lust. If you are an addict you may lust even if you don't have it in your face. You may seek it out more. It will be with you as opposed to around you. You will need to take care of the root issues.
Let Hashem Do His Job!

We need to jump off the conveyor belt of life and walk on our own.

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
Last Edit: 25 Sep 2015 04:13 by abd297.

Re: Just started 21 Sep 2015 20:03 #264368

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
my point was that for a non addict, years down the line he can say "glad i got over that problem", there isn't special work needed, he doesn't need meetings or GYE or wtvr. if he worked it out he's good. my rebbi personally told a story abt himself that he went through a rough period w/ masturbation and fantasy, but he did what he had to do and he got over it. an addict doesn't have that luxury. classic story in one of the books (don't know which one) is abt a guy who was sober for 20+ years and then he relaxed and subsequently relapsed. an addict is an addict for life.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Just started 21 Sep 2015 20:53 #264374

• waydown
  • Platinum Boarder
Hmm I am an addict so who am I to talk. But I would still tend to think that it varies from an alchohlic. Generally, a man is not wired to think and desire drinks. OK on purim or by a good kiddush maybe he'll get high. But I think every man is wired toward lust. Just sme are addcited and some are not. But the yetzer hara is always there. Thats especially true to someone who once experienced it even if he wasn't addicted

On the other hand I get Sholom's point it doesn't reach the level of an addict

Re: Just started 25 Sep 2015 04:17 #264611

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
I agree that it will never really go away for an addict. I honestly haven't done enough research about the similarities to alcoholism. I would venture to say that it's not so different. I just wanted to add that an addict really needs to work on full isolation as well as working on the root issues.
Let Hashem Do His Job!

We need to jump off the conveyor belt of life and walk on our own.

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes