Welcome, Guest

my arrival story!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: my arrival story! 17466 Views

Re: my arrival story! 24 Dec 2009 11:55 #37651

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Levite , happy to hear your feeling better. keep up the Holy Work , brother.
Last Edit: by mak12345.

Re: my arrival story! 24 Dec 2009 12:23 #37665

• levite
  • Current streak: 652 days
  • Expert Boarder
thanx, trying, whats with mad doctor pic?
Last Edit: by gye118.

Re: my arrival story! 24 Dec 2009 12:24 #37666

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Read the siggy , mate.
Last Edit: by einer.

Re: my arrival story! 24 Dec 2009 12:27 #37668

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
sorry, dont read **** language!  :D
Last Edit: by jackh26.

Re: my arrival story! 24 Dec 2009 12:29 #37670

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
levite wrote on 24 Dec 2009 12:27:

sorry, dont read **** language!  :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by aholdpark11.

Re: my arrival story! 26 Dec 2009 21:47 #38151

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
hey a gitte voch pps
hows things? im great bh, day 30 for me.
my insp for the day. this piece was actually the first shtickeli learnt in luketei moharan it kept me going for a long time, i heard saying that dov says that  shama is a big thing in the 12 steps, well now he has a mekor!
Lustful desires are man's main test in life: they are sent as a challenge to refine us. When you are subjected to this test it puts you in a kind of “exile”. You should cry out to God: scream and cry out to Him over and over again, like a woman in labor who cries out from the pain of her contractions. Seventy times she cries out ( Zohar III, 249b) . You must do likewise and cry out to God again and again until He takes pity and helps you to strengthen yourself and break your desire. New ideas and new perceptions will be born within you. Previously guarded secrets of Torah will now be unveiled for you. The greater your determination to with stand the trial, the greater the revelation you will receive in Torah and devotion to God. You will be able to see the seventy faces of the Torah.

The remedy for lustful desires is to say the words of the Shema, “Hear O Israel, HaShem our God, HaShem is One”, together with the verse, “Blessed be the name of His glorious kingdom for ever and ever”. The six Hebrew words of each of these two verses add up to twelve, corresponding to the twelve tribes of God. By saying these words you attach your soul to the twelve tribes and separate it from the “mixed multitude” that went up with the Children of Israel from Egypt ( Tikkuney Zohar , Introduction) . The mixed multitude derives from the “harlot woman”, the “evil maid”. This is the source of lustful desire, which is the root of all bad character traits.

When a person merely has one stray thought of lust or desire, it is sufficient to recite these two verses. However, some people are constantly plagued with lustful desires and find they cannot get rid of them. They must then bring themselves to tears when they take on the yoke of heaven: they should literally weep as they say the words “Hear O Israel” and “Blessed be the name of His glorious kingdom ”.

As soon as a person conquers his lustful desires he can easily control all his desires. This is why the remedy for sexual impurity is called the general remedy. The more a person distances himself from lust, the closer he comes to the radiance of Torah. The converse is also true. This explains why, before a person can receive a new revelation of Torah, he is first tested in the crucible of this craving. If he with stands the test and breaks his desire, it is like breaking the shell before partaking of the fruit, and he will be worthy to receive the revelation.

Likutey Moharan I, 36
Last Edit: by DeletedUser10543.

Re: my arrival story! 26 Dec 2009 21:54 #38152

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep up the good work!!!
Last Edit: by hashemiswithme.

Re: my arrival story! 27 Dec 2009 07:03 #38209

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow...thank you!

And it's great to hear that you're doing well!
Last Edit: by yosef123.

Re: my arrival story! 27 Dec 2009 08:18 #38222

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YOU ARE SOMEBODY SPECIAL!!!
Last Edit: by 0357.

Re: my arrival story! 27 Dec 2009 09:09 #38289

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Please READ and VOTE on this new poll I just created over here: rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1427.0
Last Edit: by smichamusic.

Re: my arrival story! 27 Dec 2009 23:14 #38691

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
nderful and I think so much can be understood by internalizing this foundation.
Reb Nosson who was a learned fellow asked reb nachman, his rebbe a question "rebbe iv been offered a position as rav in a town, should I take it on?" to this reb nachman replied, "of course, my dear talmid", reb Nosson who knew what this position would mean to him, and how much time he would have to sacrifice for trivial work if he got the position, asked reb nachman again "bemes, rebbe, don't you think I should just focus on my own learning?", reb nachman again replied "my dear talmid, your time has come, you need to bring in parnosah for your family", reb Nosson did not give up and asked again "be'emes be'emes?" to this reb nachman replied "ah you want to know the real truth! No don't become a rav, instead focus on your learning even more"
Reb Nosson in his characteristic way builds from this shmuess that he had with his rebbe a whole derech in yiddishkeit, he explains there is emes, truth, and there is emeser emes, real truth, real truth is when all is taken into account, for truth without the whole picture can be false, as we will see soon. For there is a medrash that says so, the ribonoi shel oilam wanted to build a human, the Midas ha'ames rushed to him and said "ribonoi shel oilam don't you know that this human will sin?" but hashem threw him out and created the world, asks reb Nosson. The signature oh hkbh is emes, how could he throw it out? so he explains that this "emes" that showed itself up on that day was no emes it was sheker, for it had not taken teshuvah Into account, it had not taken retzoinois "desires" into account, it was non other then sheker hiding behind a facade of emes!
With this he explains another episode in our history, Moshe rabbeinu was in heaven 40 days and 40 nights, Hashem said lech raid, "go down for your people have sinned" Moshe rabbeinu leaves with the luchos in his hand, he reaches the bottom of the mount, He breaks it! Why? If he needed to break it why didn't he break it as soon as he descended? The answer is powerful, Moshe rabbeinu wanted to camp into the camp of Israel with the luchos in his hand and scream "gevald! Yidden! Look at yourselves! Can't you see on these luchos, onoichi! Loi yiyeh lecho!", but he didnt do that, do you know why? He knew that if he did that the yidden will be so broken they will give up on all thought of teshuvah. So he broke the emes, in order to connect to the real emes, the emes that there is always hope. So reb noon says one must remember, there is so many time when the ba'al hasheker, the yh hides behind emes and gives you his emes rhetoric, throw it away go for the emeser emes, the real truth! The truth that no matter what
Last Edit: by jackfry.

Re: my arrival story! 27 Dec 2009 23:15 #38692

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
hshem is with you and by you and next to you!
Last Edit: by emanouel651.

Re: my arrival story! 28 Dec 2009 22:53 #39186

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
levite wrote on 27 Dec 2009 23:15:

thanks levite for the words. Btw we missed you. :-\
Last Edit: by michoel12233222222222.

Re: my arrival story! 28 Dec 2009 23:33 #39213

• Dov
  • Administrator
levite wrote on 27 Dec 2009 23:15:

Levite - I love what you wrote from reb Nosson, zt"l and only hope that Hashem helps us and leads us in the way of the real emess today.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by chizuk61326.

Re: my arrival story! 29 Dec 2009 07:36 #39313

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
hey all! mah nishma? thanx dov, a compliment from you is somthing! trying i didnt know that it was happenning! really, its a shame  :-\, mind you was baby-sitting yesterday so it wouldnt have been easy, ne'er mind
ok, yesterday iwas this close to falling, mamesh this close i felt like i was going to pieces, bh i managed to keep clean and went the kosher version, (which im not sure is a soloution) but im still here by the skin of my neck day 33
il write more about it later, gotta go
ta la
Last Edit: by coolguy1111.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes