Welcome, Guest

my arrival story!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: my arrival story! 17454 Views

my arrival story! 25 Oct 2009 13:59 #25390

• levite
  • Current streak: 652 days
  • Expert Boarder
i was thinking of calling it my jourbey but hey thr journey is all about arriving each day each minute ia another arrival!
Last Edit: by togetbatter.

Re: my arrival story! 25 Oct 2009 14:39 #25394

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome Welcome!

Best of wishes on "your arrival".

To your continues success a L'Chaim I raise

Noorah
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by greybeard.

Re: my arrival story! 25 Oct 2009 17:07 #25403

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
so... the first day today! its quite a novel idea to me, i dunno just the walking around thinking im an addict in a way its degrading but on the other hand i know it to be true, so its quite a great feeling knowing that its very possible that this nightmare is over and finally i might do what iv allways wanted!  i iv done a lot of reading in the past 24 hours and did all the steps in the right way, so iyh i hope to keep post here and thanx noorah 4 posting!
Last Edit: by NewWorld.

Re: my arrival story! 25 Oct 2009 17:38 #25411

• bardichev
bruuchim habaa_im

read bardichevs battle

its a chizzuk

it takkes work

time

patience

and

most of all

resolve!!
Last Edit: by szm.

Re: my arrival story! 26 Oct 2009 13:46 #25547

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
well i guess the time has come for me to tell my story and maybe someone will learn somthing from it. I will change some facts so as to feel that im protcting my anonimity, i am 25 married and living in bnei berak at the moment, very happily married and with kids boruch hashem. i was born in manchester and was raised in a chassidish liberal style, i learnt english in school and was an avid reader i was spending alot of time in the public library that where i got my first sex ed, at thirteen i went babysitting for my fam and found the internet the first sit that i tried on the net was s## and i was immedialey hooked. i had found out about m relativley late and i knew well almost immediatlety that this what the seforim where talking about as being a great sin. i went into yeshiva at thirteen and had ups and downs with s issues allways bringing me down i felt inconsolable i knew on the one hand that there is no greater sin but on the other i could not stop myself i managed to bring it down but thats about it.
After the first year in yeshiva my progress went down and slowly i found myself on the outside boundries of the yeshiva being a loner by nature i spent hours in the parks hoping to see some shmutz. to be con
Last Edit: by copperman.

Re: my arrival story! 26 Oct 2009 14:03 #25548

• bardichev
LEVITE YOU SOUND LIKE THE REST OF US

I GUES THE YH USES THE SAME FORMAT IN MANCHESTER AS HE DOES IN USA
Last Edit: by 64mujw.

Re: my arrival story! 26 Oct 2009 16:48 #25580

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
Some people always read the books last page first, they want to make sure the hero survives, and then they read the story.

By you coming here we know you won, now let's hear the story!
Last Edit: by RCM.

Re: my arrival story! 26 Oct 2009 19:10 #25644

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
all too true thanx you guys for posting anyway for day it was real great still that crazy feeling of am i really nuts! i can do this without the gye, but i know its just the old yeller come in this guise. i should have called a group today but didnt make it. Bh for so far
Last Edit: by Nfl.

Re: my arrival story! 27 Oct 2009 00:46 #25713

• Noorah BAmram
  • Platinum Boarder
G38 wrote on 26 Oct 2009 16:48:

Some people always read the books last page first, they want to make sure the hero survives, and then they read the story.

By you coming here we know you won, now let's hear the story!

Fantastic atitude and great  prespective.

This line " by you coming here we know you won" should be the opening  part of the official GYE welcome!

Now all that's left is for u to know that u  won!!!
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by Jakeschwartz797.

Re: my arrival story! 27 Oct 2009 00:51 #25714

• Noorah BAmram
  • Platinum Boarder
U'llevi umar ...... Ki shumru imrusecheh ubrischah yintzoru.

Chazak Chazak V'nischaziek!

Your preserverance is a source of inspiration to all.

Love and respect to a hero warrior

Noorah
Last Edit: by Seektruth.

Re: my arrival story! 27 Oct 2009 13:41 #25788

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
day 2. so far boruch hashem it has been great! im feeling elated and fearfull at the sametime. you know iv been thinking i quit smoking on the allen carr method i wish someone would modify it for sa! it worked wonders for me and made it easy right from the beginning i havent smoked in almost two years! the main attitude there is to be happy from the first second that you are free! rabbi nachman said yesh inyan sjenishapech hakoil letoiveh which literally means that there is a way or mayb even a place in the heavenly spheres that everything we ever did is for the best! itys a very deep thought which keeps me going that maybe there is rhyme and reason above our squre minds?!
Last Edit: by Lift.

Re: my arrival story! 27 Oct 2009 21:50 #25919

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Why don't you modify the allen car method for SA?

We're always looking for new tips and tricks!

Keep up the good work!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Mbeyda.

Re: my arrival story! 27 Oct 2009 21:52 #25920

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
lol maybe one day! truth is iim thinking about it!
Last Edit: by Yn25.

Re: my arrival story! 28 Oct 2009 21:59 #26159

• levite
  • Expert Boarder
day four! bh had a good day! my attitude is becoming a bit lax so i need to srengthen myself in shmiras einaim, this id somthing i remember from reb nachmans works, he relates that when he wanted to break the tavoh of niof (lust) the yh told him il give in to any other fight in your life just let me win this battle and he answereD " IL GIVE IN ANYTHING THAT YOU WANT BUT THERE IS NO WAY IM GIVING IN THIS BATTLE!"
Last Edit: by Dsre.

Re: my arrival story! 28 Oct 2009 22:29 #26160

• Giant Leap
Hey Levite,

Good work on your progress so far. I haven't noticed anyone that replied to you ever mentioning the two GUE Handbooks and the 2 Chizuk email lists (Shmirat Eynaim and Chizuk). If you are aware - great, time to implement them; if not, download them and keep 'em review them thoroughly.

Much blessings for your success.

Giant Leap.
Last Edit: by proud6131.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes