Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Lomed's Thread 72629 Views

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 28 Apr 2015 02:25 #253279

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
lomed wrote:
Boruch Hashem I am at day 61! This my longest streak since my struggle started. I am proud and very thankful to hashem, I am proud and thankful to GYE.

the fact is, that when I started out my 90 day journey i was pretty sure that i wont make it too long. I was ready to start the 90 day, even if i fall, it is worth each and every day that i will be sober. I was convinced that masturbating is a nature of human kind, and everyone does it. The question is just how many times we do it. I couldn't understand how we are forbidden from doing a thing that it is impossible from keeping ourselves from doing it. Therefore i decided that the most we are obligated to do is ti try to minimize it as much as possible.

As i am working through the 90 day trail, day by day, i feel that i am evolving. I feel that my conclusions are changing to the better. I have lots of work to work on myself, but I do see how foolish I was, that i was thinking that way.

I am looking forward to stay clean. keep reminding myself to work day by day, and with Hashems help move forward to the better.

Thank you all GYE members.

These are wonderful news Lomed, we are so happy to hear. You are discovering your own self and discovering how really very close Hashem is with you all the time. KUTGW !

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 28 Apr 2015 02:30 #253280

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you for sharing your joy with us.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 28 Apr 2015 07:55 #253290

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
Thank you very much for sharing that with us, the wisdom and growing are palpable !

May you gratify us by a lot of other posts like this !
Thanks Hachem !

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 28 Apr 2015 09:04 #253295

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
Wow Lomed Thanks for sharing!!!

Your doing great and really seam to be working on yourself.

KUTGW and KOP!!!

(just on another note remember to prepare yourself how to deal with the struggle after Lag B'omer is gone and after the 90 days are over too)

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 28 Apr 2015 15:40 #253317

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
dd wrote:

(just on another note remember to prepare yourself how to deal with the struggle after Lag B'omer is gone and after the 90 days are over too)

Words of wisdom.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 28 Apr 2015 20:42 #253350

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
dd wrote:

Thanks

What is your suggestion?
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 28 Apr 2015 20:48 #253353

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
Let dd answer his opinion. One suggestion may be : Dont ever loosen your guard especially when things are going good. It is always one day at a time.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 28 Apr 2015 21:56 #253366

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
lomed wrote:
As i Will be In meron, I want to offer that whoever wants me to have him in mind can send me his name in a private message.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 28 Apr 2015 22:02 #253367

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
What I think is first of all remembering that it will get hard already can keep us focused.

And really trying to remember why we want to be clean/sober. Meaning that we are not doing it for some record etc. We are doing to be able to live now and enjoy living too and bring out the best in us.

And of course remembering that we can fall at any given moment so we should never tell ourselves i'm over or I can do it.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 28 Apr 2015 22:12 #253368

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
dd wrote:
What I think is first of all remembering that it will get hard already can keep us focused.

And really trying to remember why we want to be clean/sober. Meaning that we are not doing it for some record etc. We are doing to be able to live now and enjoy living too and bring out the best in us.

And of course remembering that we can fall at any given moment so we should never tell ourselves i'm over or I can do it.

Great post and answer.

to summarize:

1. know that there are hard times ahead of you.
2. Remember why we want to be sober.
3. never think we are over.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 07 May 2015 07:10 #254094

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Hi all friends,
Regards from the simcha in meron.
I have all GYE community in mind.
If you want me to you personal in mind send ur name to me in private message. I hope to check the messages later.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 07 May 2015 08:13 #254098

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
You did it ! ! ! Kol Hakvod to you !

May Hashem answer your prayers and give you what your heart desires.

The light of Rabi Shimon Bar Yochai is shining on the whole world

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 11 May 2015 16:12 #254345

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Hi all Chaveirim,

I am B"H back. had a gr8 time and very inspiring. I had you all in mind. some of you sent me their names, but I also had in mind all members of GYE.

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 11 May 2015 18:44 #254357

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
serenity wrote:
On another note, today I was working on step 4. The AA Big Book (BB) asks me to look at where my faulty character lead me to be angry at a person. The BB suggests I look at my mistakes, Where was I: selfish, dishonest, self-seeking and frightened? In other words just looking at my own behavior I can find why I'm angry and resentful at a person, idea or institution. What comes it is that I'm a selfish, dishonest, self-seeking and/or fearful person; maybe more one than the other. So let me ask you something, is it any wonder I seek escape in the form of lust and fantasy (or in some other form.) What person who is selfish, dishonest, self-seeking and/or frightened wouldn't seek escape? That's why we need to get to the route cause of our anger and resentments to become emotionally sober people. This is probably elementary to many people here. For me it took, many many hours of step work and 20 months in 12-step programs (20 months AA and 6 months SA)to understand. Not that I needed to understand it in order to do it and I'm sure more understanding will come, but it's nice to be able to see how it makes sense.

Why did I write this out here, lomed? When you spoke about looking at women at weddings, I started to think about what to say about that. I mean I don't think anyone will say the 90 chart was violated, but it's lustful behavior. Do we address and quash the lustful behavior? Is that always our focus? Are we obsessed with lust, even when we are recovering? Did I lust, didn't I lust? Did I look 2 seconds or 4 seconds? etc etc. Maybe we can use opportunities like this, not to dwell on if they were a technical violation, but to look at ourselves honestly and say what's causing our lust?

For me in the example of the women at the wedding, maybe I would ask myself. What's lacking in my life, that I have this need to look at this woman? What am I escaping from? Where am I discontent with what I have? I might answer that, I'm afraid my life isn't going so well. I think I could have done better for myself. I'm afraid this world is it, and I'm missing out on the pleasures. I'm afraid that when I'm old, I'll regret how I lived life. Then maybe I will ask Hashem to show me his will and surrender myself to His plan. Maybe I'll be comforted to know that He is with me and has a plan for me. Maybe that will assuage my fears. Maybe I'm still overwhelmed and afraid and I need look more at my relationship with God. Maybe I need to pray. Maybe a review of steps 2 and 3 is in order. Maybe I need to sit down and work on step four and list my fears, so I can see how much fear effects my decisions. I guess that's one way my experience could go. How do you think it might go for you?

Hatzlacha!

This great post is worth re-reading

Re: started 90 days as a preparation of lag beomer! 11 May 2015 19:21 #254363

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Welcome back, Lomed! Thanks!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes