Welcome, Guest

Did I Just Fall?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Did I Just Fall? 893 Views

Did I Just Fall? 13 Nov 2014 12:38 #243329

Hi guys, so i know that idea sounds a little crazy, but I'm asking because I've been on a winning streak for over fifty days (the longest i've been strong). I was reading a book for a college class and there were a few scenes that were erotic. I didn't "act out," but still, it ignited the same response. Did i just fall? I'm unsure because i had that little voice in my head that gave me a warning, but i don't know because it's for college and it just, well , happened. I want to be honest, but i want to remain clean. Is it like a wet dream? Hope I'm not being too confusing or beating around the bush. Please give me insight because, in all honesty, i wasn't expecting this type of response. Sorry if i sound ridiculous, but i really don't wanna fall. What do i do to prevent this from happening again?

Re: Did I Just Fall? 13 Nov 2014 14:59 #243331

• cordnoy
sounds like whatever happened wasn't too expected; keep on truckin' sir!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Did I Just Fall? 13 Nov 2014 16:17 #243334

• Metal King
  • Current streak: 1099 days
  • Expert Boarder
If you go read thru the rules on the 90 day chart, he describes a "slip" as even if you end up looking at an inappropriate site for a few minutes but then catch yourself and stop.
So i think here where you saw it accidentally and then stopped after a few minutes, it's definitely no more than a slip.

(At a meeting, a guy vented how he looked at a lingerie website online until he "finished" just by lying on his bed not touching himself and his sponsor said not to reset his sobriety! So there are many definitions of a fall apparently. It's all according to which "paskun" you hold like.)

Stay positive, keep at it, and don't forget Who is really responsible for your current streak and thank Him for every day of sobriety.

All the best,
MK
My two favorite Rebbe Nachman quotes:

The whole world is a narrow bridge; the main thing is to not be afraid.

If you won't be better tomorrow than you were today, then what do you need tomorrow for?

Re: Did I Just Fall? 13 Nov 2014 19:06 #243345

• shomer bro
  • Platinum Boarder
Doesn't sound like a fall to me. But bear in mind to not look at those pages again in the future. Its like walking in the street and you happen to see something that's a trigger for you. You're not punished for that first look because how were you to avoid it?! You are held responsible for taking a second look.

Re: Did I Just Fall? 13 Nov 2014 21:26 #243363

Throughout my years of misery, many of my falls were the result of such cases where my YH would tell me, "Eh! You blew it already. You may as well go all the way." A big turn in my life was when I learned to accept that I'm not perfect, and just ignore those pesky accidents, and keep your eye on the goal (i.e. keep heading upward, not downward).

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: Did I Just Fall? 13 Nov 2014 23:35 #243372

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Not a fall unless you obsess over it
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes