Welcome, Guest

MISGABER? or perhaps not yet.....
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 37155 Views

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 23 Jan 2018 11:05 #325863

• tzomah
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 23 Jan 2018 01:51:
Good questions; well said, and I like your humor.

YouTube trollin'.....no.I was referrin' to cases where one is finger-trigger happy. Not all filters work. Not everyone has.

Regardin' the definition of "sexually sober." Firstly, not all Webster's are alike; just ask the cajolin' folk. And yes, those folks followin' the books and meetin's - they would need to restart their count.

My point was a simple one (but perhaps profound - how's that for a self-centered egocentric maniac): a fellow is workin' real hard in recovery, say a year or two of meetin's, maybe a weekly chaburah in mussar, perhaps an every day phone conference, avid book reader, maybe a chronic poster - whatever recovery method he's engaged in (as long as he's not fightin' tooth and nail, clenchin' his fists, grittin' his teeth, screwin' his eyes shut, etc.) - if he somehow happens to fall, let's not emphasize the streak endin' and all the good folks come in with words of encouragement that all is not lost. I say (again, as long as there are no obvious loopholes in his recovery method): keep goin'! So the Hell what? Perhaps don't even reset your count and focus on the accumulative count. I have advocated for that in the past that the accumulate count is far more important than the streak.

The guy that hits safely in 67 games but bats 290, is not better than the 340 hitter, who only managed 23 in a row.

I know the argument, but far too many guys are gettin' down after falls durin' a long clean streak.

God speed!

nichamtani

like a bridge over troubled waters

my stuff

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 26 Mar 2019 02:59 #339984

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Pidaini wrote on 13 May 2014 20:53:
I guess there are different definitions of "battle", I was referring to number 4, which usually doesn't work by me and ends up being a fight "do!" "don't!" "do!" "don....maybe?".....

once I'm there and not doing one of the others, I know that I'm not as sober as I could be.

Takes a while for people to realize that.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes