Welcome, Guest

1st time - my story
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 1st time - my story 14261 Views

Re: 1st time - my story 28 Oct 2008 12:42 #610

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear eme, thanks for the kind words.dont forget it took me 38 years and this website to finally make the break.i was ready, and Hashem sent guard at the RIGHT TIME.
and thanks chasdei avos for YOUR kind words - THAT's what doing it for me, folks! that's what gives me the inspiration to go on - it's you guys!! jack
Last Edit: by .

Re: 1st time - my story 28 Oct 2008 19:29 #615

• MW
Jack, i'm truly inspired by you, I can't wait for you to get to 90 and then some. 

Re: 1st time - my story 28 Oct 2008 19:37 #616

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
all i needed was the support. i wont say it is easy, but once i had the support from guard and the people here, i was able finally to take off. jack

Re: 1st time - my story 29 Oct 2008 19:35 #637

• Mevakesh Hashem
Jack, you have no idea, but YOU are one of my biggest inspirations on this forum!!

YOU make me stronger. YOU help me maintain my momentum. YOU have no idea how good you are and how strong you are!

Chazak V'Ematz!!

Re: 1st time - my story 29 Oct 2008 20:21 #640

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear mevakesh i dont know why you say that - there are other people here who are going just as long as me - and you yourself had it harder than me - so i dont know why you're saying that I'M that inspiring! ok, we help each other, but that's too much credit - no? jack

Re: 1st time - my story 31 Oct 2008 16:58 #704

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear all, another 31 days and i hit the 90 day number! elya, tell michelle that the one sentence she said that night on the phone about 90 days made an impression on me, and i took it to heart. and thanks to all of you for your support.i never would have believed that i could accomplish this! jack

Re: 1st time - my story 03 Nov 2008 17:14 #741

• Chasdei Avos
Jack: Chazak Viamatz. Keep making us proud. You just inspired me so I said a kappittal tehillim for Hashem to give you, me and all of us the strength to keep fighting, winning and bringing Mashiach very fast.

Chasdei Avos

Re: 1st time - my story 04 Nov 2008 22:08 #751

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
There was some talk about Sheitles on this thread... Thought this might interest some of you. Click here.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: 1st time - my story 07 Nov 2008 18:43 #767

• MW
jack, you haven't posted for 5 days, are you up to 66 today? i'm counting for you and am planning a big party for when you hit 90  :D
Last Edit: by andrewsh.

Re: 1st time - my story 09 Nov 2008 01:13 #768

• elya k
  • Gold Boarder
I learned long ago that when people compliment me I say thank you, instead of minimizing it.
Elya K was the first  GYE hotline moderator for couples struggling with Shmiras Eiynaim issues in their marriage.  Elya is the author of 6 books, among them Navigating the Phases of Sex Addiction Recovery, Help Her Heal with Carol Sheets,  Ambushed by Betrayal: The Survival Guide for Betrayed Partners on their Heroes’ Journey to Healthy Intimacy with Michele Saffier. 

FREE EBOOK ON THE GYE SITE AT: Mask In the Mirror (guardyoureyes.com)

Elya K. has been coaching people worldwide for over 10 years for Shmiras Eiyanim issues. 
For a free 15 minute consultation call 901-248-6001.

Re: 1st time - my story 10 Nov 2008 16:39 #785

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
i am up to 69 today - dont worry i said i wont fail you and i'm not going to.all i need is support, which i am getting A LOT OF.cant do it alone. jack

Re: 1st time - my story 11 Nov 2008 13:33 #789

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear all, today is day 70.i cant believe mw is counting with me! ME! that really gives me chizuk. well, on day 90, which is 4th of kislev (dec 1) i'm going to have a BIG l'chaim to celebrate this monstrous accomplishment, with Hashem's will.if anyone would like to join me, after shachris on that day, yom sheini, i will have you all in my mind as we drink l'chaim together. will you join me? jack

Re: 1st time - my story 11 Nov 2008 14:48 #791

• battleworn
HOLY HOLY TZADIK!!  I will most definitly join you bl'n. I made myself a reminder so I don't miss it.

Re: 1st time - my story 11 Nov 2008 14:58 #792

• Mevakesh Hashem
Jack!

You are amazing!!! You give so many people on this forum the strength to keep fighting!!!

Chazak V'Ematz!

Re: 1st time - my story 11 Nov 2008 16:47 #800

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I'll buy a le'chaim for everyone in my shul bl"n!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes