Welcome, Guest

1st time - my story
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 1st time - my story 14264 Views

Re: 1st time - my story 26 Nov 2008 15:02 #962

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Jack go Jack!! On Monday I'm giving out a lechayim and cake in my Shul bl"n!!!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: 1st time - my story 26 Nov 2008 15:10 #964

• Mevakesh Hashem
Wow! This Monday?!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable! I was listening in on that phone call when the therapist mentioned the 90 days! For some, it just came and went, but for Jack, he siezed upon that idea and ran with it,and  now the finish line is within reach! Amazing!

Chazak V'Ematz!

Re: 1st time - my story 26 Nov 2008 17:45 #975

• Chasdei Avos
Jack: By the time you read this you will bezras Hashem deserve a huge MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV MAZEL TOV. If the computer would sing for you we would have it do that as well. Hashem should shower much much bracha Health and Parnassa upon you and your family for ever and ever.

Chasdei Avos on behalf of all of us.

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 13:00 #1025

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear chevra, zeh hayom shekivinuhu! we made it! i say we, because although it was my anxiety, my depression, my brute force, nevertheless, i COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT ALONE!! today is day 90, and miktzas hayom kikulo! i am overwhelmed with emotion as i write this because of all the love shown to me by the people here.i speak to elya and mevakes once a week, and i write to guard a zillion times a day.they do not get impatient with me, but talk to me as if i'm calling or writing for the first time.guard writes me long replies, and elya and mevakesh talk to me if they have the time (after all, they have obligations, too).
there is no simcha like simcha shel mitzva.in fact there is no simcha that is worth anything other than a simcha shel mitzvah. can you imagine that the people who created and run this forum have ONE thing in mind? that is to spread the word of Hashem, and to help people who are struggling.this in itself is mindblowing.
i was glad to come back here monday morning and see people trying to vanquish the devil himself.and to see guard be himself - giving chizuk, working at this -  i hope you all drank l'chaim with me today.if you didn't, i had an extra one for you. with warmest thanks to EVERYBODY - let's go vayter in shas!! jack

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 13:46 #1026

• me
Jack,

Mazel Tov! You are a true Ba'al Tshuva. (Better than a Tzadik), and you have given me great chizuk. The menuval has been paid back in full!

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 14:32 #1027

• Mevakesh Hashem
MAZEL TOV! MAZEL TOV! TODAY YOU ARE FINALLY THE GEMATRIA OF "TZADDIK!" MAY HASHEM CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH TO CONQUER YOUR YETZER HARA ON EVERY LEVEL. I LOVE YOU MY DEAR BROTHER, YOU MAKE ME PROUD TO BE A JEW!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW WHAT YOU DID  HAS HELPED ME AND COUNTLESS OTHERS PERSEVERE IN OUR OWN BATTLES!

CHAZAK V'EMATZ!

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 16:12 #1029

• battleworn
LECHAYIM! MAZEL TOV!!!  ZEH HAYOM OSOH HASHEM NAGILA VENISMICHA BO!
This morning I went to the mikva, and I dipped an extra time to be mekabel the special kedusha of this great day, the day that the holy tzadik jack was zoche to crown the Rebono Shel Olam with such a special and rare crown. Then I was walking to shul and I got an urge to upgrade my shemiras einayim to a higher level in honor of this great day and this great tzadik.

I noticed on a luach that today was already a very special day. It was on this day that Zecharia Hanavi had a very encouraging nevuah about the final geulah, may it come speedily. Rashi in the Gemoro says that this was the last Nevuah that there was.

I had an interesting thought that I want to share with you. Today we read Vayetzei Yaakov. We can read it "Jack went out" (I don't know if your name is yaakov, but at least over here it is) mibeer sheva can be understood - from the well or pit of captivity. Vayeilech charana- and he went on to becoming a ben chorin- a free person. And then it goes on to say that he saw a ladder that starts from the ground, which of course alludes to lowly taivos. But the top reaches the sky - the highest madreigos. And then Hashem says "Don't fear!!! I will always be with you!!!
JACK! HASHEM LOVES YOU!!! (and so do i!) KEEP RISING HIGHER AND HIGHER!!!!! YOU ARE BRINGING THE GEULAH!!!!CHAZAK VEEMATZ!!!

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 16:15 #1030

• the.guard
MAZAL TOV, MAZAL TOV!! I am sure all the Malachim in Shamayim are shedding tears of joy. Jack, my Neshama, if I had started the whole GuardUrEyes network just to help such a holy and sincere Jew like you, it would have been all worth it!

I have a surprise for you, go to this page and scroll down to the Simcha Niggunim.

Elya and Mevakesh and all my dear brothers, warriors in arms, let us put on the Niggun above (set it to loop again and again) and let's all dance together with Jack in our hearts! Let's lead him under the canopy, like a Sefer Torah, and accompany him to the WALL OF HONOR!

The Ba'al Hasulam says that in spiritual matters, closeness and distance are not measured in miles but in "Hishtavut Hatzurah", meaning similar feelings and desires. I'm sure we all feel that we are truly dancing with Jack now!

Jack, I updated your Time-Line page over here, all the way to day 90! I am sure this page will be an inspiration to many other Yidden to follow in your footsteps!

I also took your story over from the "Determined to Quit" page, to the RECOVERY STORY PAGE! Mazal Tov and may you go from strength to strength, and continue to inspire other yidden on the forum. When you have time, tell us a little about what you learned in this journey, and the steps you took to succeed. I will put this up on your story and make you a special chizuk page over here.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 01 Dec 2008 16:24 by .

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 16:26 #1032

• the.guard
I just sat down from dancing around the room. I put on that simcha niggun and I was holding your hands jack in my mind with my eyes closed, and we were dancing.

Tomorrow I will buy a Lechayim for my Shul!

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 16:37 #1035

• battleworn
That's a great niggun, it got me dancing and crying. I can hardly sit still enough to type. 
Last Edit: by Levi.

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 16:49 #1037

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
can you imagine how i feel inside? after being tied to filth for my ENTIRE ADULT LIFE for a period of 38 years? i'll say that again - my ENTIRE ADULT LIFE! going to the most decadent places on the face of the earth? seeing transvestites who wanted to pick me up? and then out of nowhere - this site just 'popped into' my life! can you imagine the happiness i feel right now? i wish all of you who are trying to take advantage of this site and use it for all it's worth! and it's worth a lot! dont let this site out of your sight!! (dont become addicted though, addictions are no good, even to this site). i love you--jack

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 16:52 #1038

• Mevakesh Hashem
My eyes are literally filled with tears and my feetare literally aching from all the dancing! I just wrote a new post in honor of jack the Tzaddik.

Jack, the lower you were, the higher you climb when you do Teshuva! I know this personally and I know that youknowit as well!

Jack, however I disagree with one thing: GET - and stay- addicted to this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cha"Jack" V'Amatz!

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 17:34 #1040

• me
Dear Reb Guard,

Yasher Koach for that unbelievable dance nigun. The Y"H was sitting on my lap when I pushed the "play" button,....and then some how he ended up UNDER my feet!    And all due to Jack's holy avodah. Ahh to be free once again.

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 18:18 #1043

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
i think i finally got that niggun on my desktop.

Re: 1st time - my story 01 Dec 2008 20:13 #1047

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Congratulations Jack!! The fact that you have succeeded for 90 days has given me much strength. You had been a slave to this addiction since well before I was even born. If you can do it, then I can too! Keep up the great work jack!!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes