Welcome, Guest

1st time - my story
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 1st time - my story 14257 Views

Re: 1st time - my story 21 Nov 2008 16:16 #889

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
i'm not a person that knows a lot about whiskey, but i am a person who can recognize good Jews.and they are here! and i'm going to hold on to you guys for as long as i can.i wont break my kesher with you if i can help it.by showing you are here for me, which you do every time you write posts like the last one, i wont disappoint you.
today is day #80!!
when i get to 90, guard asked me to tell you what i learned through this process. bl'n, i will, and i'll give you MY steps (they were less than 12, but each one took years). progress is NOT one long straight line going up, it is rather like the stock market USED to be, that means up and down, (right now, it's only going down.that might be progress too, believe it or not). so, if we see our defeats as part of the process of going up, we will not get so depressed.
Last Edit: by .

Re: 1st time - my story 23 Nov 2008 15:15 #900

• battleworn
Jack, You add so much simcha to my life, you are absolutely GREAT!!!! :o

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 16:28 #926

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
today is day #83 straight no z'l. thanks everybody, from the bottom of my heart. jack
by the way, you can never be 99.999999 percent sure of anything - except that G-d is the creator and that He's perfect. for us humans, how can we be sure of anything?

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 17:12 #927

• Chasdei Avos
keep it up buddy. I am very excited.

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 17:16 #928

• battleworn
Jack, this is really exciting! By the way, 83 is a very significant number. It is known that fasting 83 fasts, has a special power of tikun. Kal Vachomer what you have been doing, which of course is worth infinitely more than fasting.

I think it's already time to start dancing, in preparation for the great simcha! Could someone please start a good nigun.

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 17:34 #930

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Jack is Back!
It gets lonely on the forum without Jack, from Friday - Monday :-)
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 18:29 #931

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
i have no internet at home, only at work or the library.i will not get internet at home, no matter how many people tell me that i'm backwards! jack

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 19:02 #932

• the.guard
You won't find anyone in the world that respects that more than us here on this forum!!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 19:19 #933

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
i know, believe me i know - i've been called many names, some i can repeat and some i cant. for example, backwards, doesn't keep up with the times, old-fashioned, etc.. actually, i think i DO keep up with the times - just read Rabbi bender's letter - or any principal that wants to teach his talmidim the right derech, or any issue of yated neeman where all the gedolim speak against it. jack

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 21:46 #937

• the.guard
I truly find it amazing that someone who was adicted to this for so many years, still insisted to listen to the Rabbanim in this respect. Who knows if it isn't this Zechus, this Emunah Peshutah, that is helping you beat this now?

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 21:54 #938

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
i wouldn't call it emunah pshuta - i would call it yedia vadois - a definite knowledge that it's bad.i want to protect my kids, and i know that if i had it, i'd fail, too.anyway, the internet was never my problem - it was those stores you see almost everywhere you go that i disguised myself and snuck into - there were men there dressed as women who tried to pick me up, how degrading!!here i am a guy who learns torah on a regular basis hanging around in some of the most darkest places on the planet. - boy if my friends knew---
jack
Last Edit: 25 Nov 2008 12:43 by .

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 22:45 #939

• Chasdei Avos
I tip my hat ten times to anyone who does not have internet in their home. I am B"H zoche not to have it and so many people think I am crazy. Although I may say its for my kids safety, it is equally for the safety of this war we are fighting. At one point my wife baught me a trio, thats a phone with easy internet on it. A year later I traded it in for a regular phone, because it was killing me. They thought I too was backwords. Everyone is upgrading and I was down grading. Its like a bad nightmare that just doesnt let you run away. even my regular phone has access, which I blocked. BUT, I can still get bad pics if I wanted. Its not normal......

I guess I just had to vent there.

stay strong

chasdei avos

Re: 1st time - my story 24 Nov 2008 23:41 #940

• the.guard
It's a crazy world. This is the test of the generation and it just runs after you everywhere today.
Here in Israel, most frum serious people have the "Kosher" phones. It's coming out now too in the U.S I heard. Can you get that?
If you get info on that for me, I'll put it up on my site and help others with this too.

Re: 1st time - my story 26 Nov 2008 14:17 #959

• WeWillNotBeForsaken
Wow Jack. I just read today's chizuk email and I now have even more respect for you. To have gone through so much and then after so many years to try to break this addiction - its simply unbelievable. My daily chizuk is complete. Thanks - cant wait till 90!
Last Edit: by ur-a-jew.

Re: 1st time - my story 26 Nov 2008 14:29 #960

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear wewillnotbeforsaken, thanks for that post.i have indeed been through a lot - i do not mean for you to have sympathy for me - sympathy really doesn't help.what's important is that 22 years ago i started the journey to healing, and this is the latest stage in that process.
i will not be at work thursday or friday so i will 'speak' to you again on monday - which is day 90!! jack
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes