Welcome, Guest

The Road to Lizhensk
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The Road to Lizhensk 17181 Views

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 05 Sep 2014 04:20 #238862

• ineedchizuk
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
The mechitzah was too da@# high

You should run for mayor using that slogan.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 05 Sep 2014 22:45 #238923

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Lizzie, re our machlokess in hilchos sakanah, please see Chazon Ish C.M. Likkutim 18, 2. I believe that can be proof to what I was trying to say...
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 16 Feb 2015 21:36 #248821

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
It's been a long time since I've tried the 90 day thing.

To be honest, through my time in SA, I've come to the conclusion that counting days is not really that good for me for various reasons. I have a counter on my phone that I look at every once in a while, but actively counting isn't good. At least for me. My sponsor agreed so I'm good. However, I think it might be good to post a bit about my struggles and a little background.

For those who know my saga, I'm BH doing much better in life. Concentrating on my reaction and not on the people around me's actions. It has helped me work on my codependency which in the past would lead me to act out.

Also, I recently got a new sponsor. This guy is tough. My first sponsor was like this, but I was a newcomer to SA then and was turned of by it. Now, I'm here long enough and realize the brains behind it.

Anyway, I'm starting to count now. I'm going to be 13 full days clean tonight at midnight. That is, unless God doesn't help me get there. He has helped me every second of the last 12.99 days so the last 26 minutes shouldn't be a big deal for him.
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 16 Feb 2015 23:42 #248827

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
KOMT!!!

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 17 Aug 2015 22:37 #262005

• cordnoy
Lizhensk wrote:
It's been a long time since I've tried the 90 day thing.

To be honest, through my time in SA, I've come to the conclusion that counting days is not really that good for me for various reasons. I have a counter on my phone that I look at every once in a while, but actively counting isn't good. At least for me. My sponsor agreed so I'm good. However, I think it might be good to post a bit about my struggles and a little background.

For those who know my saga, I'm BH doing much better in life. Concentrating on my reaction and not on the people around me's actions. It has helped me work on my codependency which in the past would lead me to act out.

Also, I recently got a new sponsor. This guy is tough. My first sponsor was like this, but I was a newcomer to SA then and was turned of by it. Now, I'm here long enough and realize the brains behind it.

Anyway, I'm starting to count now. I'm going to be 13 full days clean tonight at midnight. That is, unless God doesn't help me get there. He has helped me every second of the last 12.99 days so the last 26 minutes shouldn't be a big deal for him.

And a nice quote from Liz today:
My program starts with Honesty. My day starts with Honesty. My recovery
starts with Honesty. Honesty is freedom from self-deception. I am an
addict. I cannot manage my own life. I need help to get through the day. I
cannot enjoy the blessings of sobriety and sanity if I am not honest,
sincere, and trustworthy in my affairs. Today I will admit when I am wrong,
I will accept life on life’s terms, and I will look at myself without
denial or self-deception. May G-d bless us and keep us today.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 18 Aug 2015 02:29 #262030

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
LIZHENSK! WHAT'S UP! shmutz la'aretz stinks glad to hear things are going better. how was the wine?
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 19 Aug 2015 05:00 #262189

• skeptical
Shlomo24
shmutz la'aretz stinks

Hey!!
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes