Welcome, Guest

Tcholent for the Soul (the Group)
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 19019 Views

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 28 Jun 2013 21:37 #210750

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Machshovo Tova wrote:
Yeah, they should have signs all over that say: Don't even THINK about looking at women.

MT

Yes, and don't think about pink elephants either .

ok, if you must

pink-elephant.jpg

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 28 Jun 2013 23:16 #210764

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
What about green ones?
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 28 Jun 2013 23:38 #210765

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
What about green ones?

I couln't remember which were our favorite

green-elephant.jpg

Oh, and which type like to eat black jelly beans

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 30 Jun 2013 14:15 #210799

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
A ticklish elephant?!
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 30 Jun 2013 14:27 #210801

tehillimzugger wrote:
A ticklish elephant?!

so thats why it's pink! it's tickled pink.

thank you. it all makes sense now
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 05 Jul 2013 01:15 #211297

• zvi
  • Gold Boarder
Right, peoples of the Cholent pot! It's time for my weekly stir.
Bekitzur, it hasn't been a good week. At all. I've had work experience the whole week... I have no idea if you have that in America, but if you do it may be called anything from work experience, internships or work placements. It does pretty much what it says on the box-it's experience of work. You get to go to an office or a place of work for a week, and experience what its like. Except you don't get paid. So the whole week, I've been moving annoying pieces of data from one Excel spreadsheet to another... and again... and again... you get the picture.
This led to boredom, which led to pent up energy, which led to... well, you can probably guess... 2 falls in two days. I was down and out, I was seriously depressed, and I really felt like I just wanted to give up. However, B'H, thanks to the amazing guys on GYE I b'H picked myself up again, and am back climbing that mountain...
Just a small thought about how the RSO's running the world, and how we're powerless. I don't know if you've been following the events in Egypt, but I'm assuming you have. Look at this. You have one of the biggest Reshaim in the world elected there a year ago, and everyone panics. What's going to happen with Israel, it's going to be a catastrophe! And then, suddenly, after 4 days of rioting and revolution, he's gone. Just like that. Now look who's running the world... let's apply that to our lives. It may seem like we're gone, we're down and out. But, yeshuas Hashem keheref ayin. He's on our side. Let's do this together.
Have an amaaaazing Shabbos!
Life’s a mountain. You just gotta keep climbing…

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 05 Jul 2013 12:59 #211314

• Avrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • מודים אנחנו לך
Thanks Zvi!! I just heard (from R' TM Zilberberg) that the real avodas hashem, especially in times before Moshiach, starts AFTER the fall. When the yetzer hora comes and says: "You anyways fell, your a looser.. give up" This is where true strength is needed and built! Ashrecha!

I had a great week BH. I didn't feel a lust at all. ...is that even normal?? When I see a attractive women on the street I say to myself "I don't need this - I can and will be a happy person without looking and fantasizing gorgeous women." This is a new approach - as until now I told myself "Its soooo good - but I can't have it" (aka: Holding your breath) I really hope my plumbing is doing OK - but acting out won't help it (thanks gibbor)

Knowing my past, I know that I have reached a dangerous point. Its when I reach the peak (3-4 weeks) and I feel to have "made it." This is when things go crashing down. This is how its been the past 8 times!! Problem is that this is just "information" - like having a Mashgiach talking. But deep down I still feel safe and secure - never to fall again - and that should be scary.. But somehow it is not.

Have a great kishka!

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 05 Jul 2013 17:57 #211336

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
KOT Brothers! ... and have a GREAT SHABBOS!

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 08 Jul 2013 15:46 #211471

• some_guy
  • Current streak: 2975 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi everyone,

I was really depressed, but now I am pulling myself out of it. I am one day clean and have no plans to stop there!

--some_guy/Elias/Eliyahu
My Rabbi always gives me the same advice. "Be happy. The world is good. Just be happy."

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 08 Jul 2013 22:04 #211528

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
some_guy wrote:
I am one day clean and have no plans to stop there!

Great, KUTGW and KOT!

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 09 Jul 2013 02:18 #211569

• zvi
  • Gold Boarder
Just to let the chevra know: I'm taking a break from GYE for a while (till 6th August to be precise), so that's the end of my Thursday night kishkas for the time being...
Life’s a mountain. You just gotta keep climbing…

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 09 Jul 2013 21:39 #211668

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Have a nice summer! See you rosh chodesh.

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 12 Jul 2013 02:56 #211965

• Avrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • מודים אנחנו לך
BEIN HAZMANIM DAY 1:

First the bad news: Advertisement popped up (in an app!) was very tempting and I gave in by clicking on it (to see the enlarged version). A few minutes I was looking at the "real stuff." Boruch hashem I don't count days - so there was no voice telling me "you anyways are resetting your count." So after a few minutes BH BH I was able to stop.

Yes, I had a really bad slip (my psak)!! I wasn't mz'l and I'm not giving up!!

The good news: I was mekabel, for this Bein Hazmanim, not to watch any movies (alone) and also not to play any computer games. Movies is an old battle of mine. I never looked at gaming as a problem. The truth however is, that (for me) its just another form of escapism. Thanks pidaini for inspiring me to stop gaming.

Someone once asked me: "how do i know what categorizes as an "healthy outlet" or "a form of escapism?" After giving it a lot of thought I think the answer is simple: A healthy outlet is, if you take yourself to a relaxed place and forget about your worries etc. (Picture yourself Smoking a cigar on the Swiss alps)
Escapism however, involves not taking yourself anywhere. In fact you forget who you are and what you aspire - "escaping" our own self. No growth can take place there, because it doesn't really exist!!. The irony is that when we don't deal with the problems - by escaping them the problems have a mushroom effect. They just get worse and worse..

Now we can start bein hazmanim, Enjoy!!

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 12 Jul 2013 02:58 #211966

• Avrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • מודים אנחנו לך
Well miss you zvi,
on the other hand WELCOME BACK inna!!

Re: Tcholent for the Soul (the Group) 12 Jul 2013 20:36 #212018

• some_guy
  • Current streak: 2975 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi everyone,

I had a tough morning, but I pulled through. This is the longest streak I have had for a long time. I feel so proud of myself. Have a nice Shabbos everyone!

--some_guy/Elias/Eliyahu
My Rabbi always gives me the same advice. "Be happy. The world is good. Just be happy."
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes