Welcome, Guest

The chronicles of inastruggle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The chronicles of inastruggle 74376 Views

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 20 Apr 2013 01:51 #205630

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
Fishel update.

First of all i realized that my kabbalos (see above post for translation) expired so i renewed the one about the "semi-kosher" site and the one about not being online past a certain time until shvaous.
The laptop kabbalah wasn't practical since a)when i did use it in public i couldn't go here b)there were plenty of times i used it in public places but no one was around so it wouldn't of helped.
Instead I made a taphsic not to use the laptop for p*** and the knas if i do is saying the whole sefer tehillim within three days.(with my schedule in yeshiva and my relatively slow pace this should be torture)

Second i added to my philosophy on the first page, (otherwise known as added another piece to an already long and boring speech)

First of all we have to realize why we're stopping.The reason I want to stop is because Hashem doesn't want me to be doing this.(note: this is because I don't think I'm addicted, the reason for an addict to stop would be because he needs to start living again) Once we realize why we want to stop then we can actually start the recovery process because until then there's no reason to be committed enough to do what it takes.

Before I say what my way of dealing with this is, I'd like to say that whether or not we're addicted Hashem obviously is going to be the one giving us the strength to beat this (in fact without saying this then there is n reason to think we can beat this) so davening to him about it and asking for his help should be the first thing to do.

i hope this answers chachaman's shaylah

again if anyone disagrees with any of this please speak now or forever hold your peace.
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2013 01:54 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 21 Apr 2013 05:49 #205652

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
I told my sis to stop bothering me because i'm doing important stuff.
So she tells me "you're just playing the bubble game, i hear it going"

for all the poor souls who never chatted on gye and didn't get what happened, the sound that it makes when you get a new message is bloop. (which actually sounds nothing like the bubble game come to think of it )

for educational purposes i'm going to put the link after the warning.

WARNING: Click link at your own risk.
Some people find this game addictive and it may cause bitul zman and/or other problems relating to not eating or sleeping while playing a bubble game marathon.If these or any other harmful consequences occur due to clicking the link you will be held completely responsible and cannot seek restitution from Inastruggle in any form or manner.

without further ado, the originally named website:

EDIT: sorry i went on it and there were advertisements so i erased the link
try to fall asleep at night without being to curious

more importantly i just realized something, this thread is an illegitimate thread and might be taken off gye any second.The reason i feel this way is pretty obvious soooo
DOV!!! EMERGENCY
if you're there please write a long post here by the time i come back next week
thank you in advance
just so this thread shouldn't be considered a non wall of honor thread chas v'sholom, i'm happy to announce that i've officially made it over halfway to 90 days mazel tov
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2013 09:28 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 22 Apr 2013 20:53 #205748

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi inna!

dunno why you think your thread is less legit than any other. did you buy that statue with counterfeit siyum hashas tickets?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 22 Apr 2013 21:11 #205753

• Dov
  • Administrator
Just turn off your computers speaker, that's all.

(bloop!)

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 23 Apr 2013 20:18 #205801

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
on the bottom left side of the screen there is a little gear icon, click on it and select disable sound notifications

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 27 Apr 2013 03:19 #206078

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
to Zemmy, i thought that the thread might get taken off because there wasn't a picture of dov's cub son on it.Once i'm on the topic i have a little vort to share.
I was wondering what psha in dov's picture was, mimah nafshach if his son is over three then where's his yarmulke? and if his son is under three then why doesn't he have short hair?
After a lot of ameilus i realized pshat in the picture.Under the picture it says "Baby-steps; Easy does it." then i realized that really the son is over three, ayyy where's his yarmulke? the answer is that he just fell so his yarmulke is on the ground, and what dov is trying to tell us is 1)when you fall ask the 'totty' to pick u up 2)smile even though you fell (KOT) 3)don't put your yarmulke back on again 4)and of course just take baby steps until you learn to walk again.

About the statue, i don't think you should even suggest that it's counterfeit because it's worth a lot of money to us Other Creature Dentist enthusiasts (ocd for short).

to Dov and Reb emu,
I don't think you understand the complexity of the problem, I'll explain with a story.
A bochur wasn't coming to shachris so his mashgiach asked him why.He said because the other guys make noise in the dorm so he doesn't fall asleep until late at night.So his mashgiach suggested earplugs and the bochur was sure it would help.
The next morning the bochur rolls into seder at 11 o'clock and the mashiach walks over to him to ask what happened so he says that he wore the earplugs and fell asleep right away, but in the morning he didn't hear his alarm clock.
i think the nimshal is obvious, so now that we're clear on the problem what do we do????
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2013 09:33 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 29 Apr 2013 18:27 #206147

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
aha!

Taka ah probleim,

efsher kenst di zitzin mit headphones?

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 01 May 2013 22:25 #206379

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
wow

mamash daas torah,
must be those sedarim on the roof

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 01 May 2013 22:27 #206380

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Tevya?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 01 May 2013 22:40 #206383

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
I said sedarim. that means learning.
why is everything singing to u?
Last Edit: 01 May 2013 22:40 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 01 May 2013 22:43 #206384

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 01 May 2013 23:19 #206394

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 03 May 2013 21:33 #206565

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
seventh day salutations
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 03 May 2013 21:43 #206566

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
a mashal i heard:

A sheik went to the white house and asked his gabbai to get water so his gabbai gets him a cup.
After a while he asks him to get another one, and the gabbai comes back with a refilled cup.
Then he asks again and the gabbai comes back with an empty cup.
"what happened"
"someone was sitting on the well"

the nimshal is um, uh, it's obvious u should get it on your own
Last Edit: 04 May 2013 02:16 by inastruggle.

Re: The chronicles of inastruggle 03 May 2013 21:47 #206567

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Top 5 Most Popular Topics
Subject Hits
How Is Your Day Going? "The Next Generation HI" 2056
My Story - Reallygettingthere 1977
Just Wanted To Say Hi!!! 1866
I need help 1636
its just a disease, right? 1524

Rules/Guidelines for Using the GYE Forum
Topic started 19 Oct 2009 09:25 by the.guard

Views

HEH HEH

(actually there is a post there that i really liked about the joking on gye)
Last Edit: 03 May 2013 21:50 by inastruggle.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes