Welcome, Guest

Hashem, please open up the road for me!!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 102868 Views

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 18 Mar 2013 06:02 #203676

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
welcome on board.
i love you're posts, the fact that you're not depressed, you're loving every moment of you're being clean, it's like you're drunk from simcha !! it's great chizuk!!!
May we be able to only write such posts from now on!!!
and as the famous line goes KOT KOMT!!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Day 16 = Hashem Please Help ME ANOTHER DAY 19 Mar 2013 05:45 #203720

Well, I started a couple of weeks ago thinking I could do a week. 16 days have passed and I'm analyzing myself to understand what worked to help me get here and I have come up with 4 things.
Firstly, having a list to update daily has become my newest addiction. This helps me control myself because I am so eager for my next List Update "fix".
Secondly, having a partner who I can share my struggles and communicate with when I feel weak.
Thirdly, speaking with Dov, really helped me frame my struggles and give me the perspective to help me find myself. THANK YOU DOV!

And finally, this forum allows me to express myself and hopefully give others chizzuk just like I got from reading the experiences of other people. I am trying to chronicle my struggle so I cannot fall if others might get chizzuk from seeing the S'yata Dishmaya that I have been getting.
I urge everybody to try because YOU CAN DO IT! But WE can do it together and be even stronger!!
Yehi Ratzon Shtishre Shechinah B'maasei Yidaichem!!

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 19 Mar 2013 06:37 #203721

Funny you use the word Shikkur..I actually feel high from the feeling of freedom. Perfect for Chodesh Nissan.

Day 17 19 Mar 2013 22:42 #203779

Today is Day 17. The Gematria of TOV.
I am having a good day. I am excited for tomorrow Day 19 the Roshei Taivos Yom Tov.

Re: Day 17 19 Mar 2013 23:12 #203781

pischoshelmachat wrote:
Today is Day 17. The Gematria of TOV.
I am having a good day. I am excited for tomorrow Day 19 the Roshei Taivos Yom Tov.

If today is 17, how is tomorrow 19 (new math)? Where did 'chai' disappear to?

MT
Last Edit: 19 Mar 2013 23:12 by Machshovo Tova.

Re: Day 17 19 Mar 2013 23:33 #203785

• hopefull
  • Junior Boarder
hatzlacha raba

Re: Day 17 20 Mar 2013 00:01 #203793

I guess I am Shikkur from excitement. In Fact 18 Chai is tomorrow.
Thanks for the correction.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 20 Mar 2013 00:18 #203795

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
hopefully it will be a "lively" day!!
bt don't forget that today is the most important day there ever was and ever will be in your life!
KOT!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 22 Mar 2013 19:01 #203940

B"H I am at day 20. Erev Shabbos Hagadol. To me it is extra special this year. Klal Yisroael had to be pure for the Korban Pesach. This year I feel like I am "IN THE GAME".

I am always in such a good mood this time of year. I am about to start an all expense paid vacation for 10 days fully sponsored by HKB"H. I love Pesach because it represents a new beginning a birth of our nation. It is no coincidence that Pesach occurs in the rebirth season of spring. I use the opportunity for a personal rebirth. I tell HKB"H to help me shed my past and be reborn new and refreshed to climb the ladder towards Kabbolas Hatorah.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 24 Mar 2013 22:24 #203984

Day22.
Keli Lama Azavtoni!
RBS"O I am feeling weak. Please help me today. I want to reach 23.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 24 Mar 2013 23:01 #203988

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
IYH you will be matzliach.

Did you do anything specific to open the pischo shel machat today?
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 24 Mar 2013 23:20 #203991

I am learning a piece on Chatzi Shiur in the Steipler.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 25 Mar 2013 01:46 #203999

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
pischoshelmachat wrote:
I am learning a piece on Chatzi Shiur in the Steipler.

Great!

If you star feeling as if the taavos are starting, use the Steipler method.

"I'll wait five minutes before I am oiver "
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi

Level 4 03 Apr 2013 07:22 #204148

A Gutte Voch all my dear friends. With Hashem's help and your encouragement, I have reached 30 days clean one day at a time. Thank you HKBH for giving me the most wonderful Pesach in the world. It is quite a let down having to return to the mundane and the ever lurking dangers of the Parnossa world. RBS"O, I have committed to take the kedusha with me from Pesach to keep me energized for the summer.
I know the onslaught of Pritzus from the titilating summer dress styles will be approaching soon and I will not be able to control myself from glaring at the overwhelming 3D all encompassing attack so I commit myself to look away and control myself one person at a time. In return RBSO, I ask for your help in giving me the strength to withstand the temptations and to keep me shielded from temptation.
I know every day is a gift from you and I beg that you continue the unending stream of chessed and strength. Please help me be the husband that my eishes chayil deserves and the father that my children deserve.
In the zchus of my trying and all the people who help me so selflessly, may my children be shielded from temptation and be zoicheh to pure eyes, clean minds and holy brissos.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 03 Apr 2013 16:24 #204160

Omein! Beautifully written, and so may it be for all gye members and users. Isru chag had always been a big trigger. With your chizuk b'ezras Hashem it will not. A gezunter summer to all
We are not fighting the YH as a process to get through in order to be able to get back to normal life; the fight wih the YH is the essence of our existence - Hopeing
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes