Welcome, Guest

OK I Will give it another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: OK I Will give it another try 18516 Views

Re: OK I Will give it another try 12 Jan 2009 14:06 #1942

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
when you say you're not feeling well, do you mean a cold/flu or weak and vulnerable to falling?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by benjamin.

Re: OK I Will give it another try 12 Jan 2009 14:15 #1944

• mdmjerusalem
Oh I meant physically
Flu like
And what about yourself
Last Edit: by .

Re: OK I Will give it another try 12 Jan 2009 14:57 #1948

• the.guard
I'm feeling good B"H. But I was sick for almost a month straight about a month ago. It wasn't fun. Kaparas Avonos. As they say: You have "a virus" or "Aveiros"?  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by steven554.

Re: OK I Will give it another try 12 Jan 2009 16:04 #1955

• mdmjerusalem
are you back on your feet?
Last Edit: by tochokiboro.

Re: OK I Will give it another try 12 Jan 2009 16:56 #1956

• the.guard
Yes B"H. It was over about a month ago...

Re: OK I Will give it another try 13 Jan 2009 12:31 #1971

• battleworn
To me it's the same thing. When I feel sick or weak physically, that's when I'm more vulnerable.
MDM, yes that's true, and that's why some people are noheg that once a day they say a "Giluy Daas"  saying: "I want to do, say and think only what's Ratzon Hashem, anything that the menuval stuffs in, is against my will and I want to have nothing to do with it." Of course we have to prove that we really mean it, by doing our utmost to keep the garbage out. BTW, I believe that this Yesod is one of the most important ones and the menuval will do anything to stop us from integrating it 

Re: OK I Will give it another try 13 Jan 2009 12:38 #1973

• PostalServicio
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
i can't believe that you guys are talking about this now...i've been pretty sick and bed-stricken for the past two days. i too noticed that i was more vulnerable since I wasn't thinking straight.

Re: OK I Will give it another try 13 Jan 2009 16:43 #1977

• mdmjerusalem
It is not only the lack of mind.
To me it seems like the feeling of freedom, Hefkayris.
Which you obtain by not having your regular responsibilities.
Last Edit: by Life in small steps.

Re: OK I Will give it another try 13 Jan 2009 17:52 #1981

• Binyomin5766
I have to agree with what I'm reading here about vulnerability.  I can remember times when I have been horribly sick and still pursued impurity.  How could it be that I had no energy to do anything, and still found the energy to do that?  Sickness and depression seem to me to be strangely related this way.  I have noticed that both come along with an increased vulnerability to the Y"H.
Last Edit: by Aaron H..

Re: OK I Will give it another try 13 Jan 2009 19:53 #1987

• mdmjerusalem
It seems that, in our weak moments we can see what are our most difficult challenges
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2009 23:48 by jimbo.

Re: OK I Will give it another try 15 Jan 2009 23:50 #2035

• mdmjerusalem
OK day 6 pasted very good
at least in our point of view
Last Edit: by ezra sofer.

Re: OK I Will give it another try 16 Jan 2009 10:51 #2037

• the.guard
Are you feeling better, Tzadik?
Last Edit: by ImGonnaWin.

Re: OK I Will give it another try 18 Jan 2009 14:19 #2046

• mdmjerusalem
OK i left the house today Sunday
the days at home were not so hielig
i didn't look at dvorim asirim
but i did not keep the promise of not surfing for pleasure

i would not call myself tzaddik but maybe not rosho, OR?
started learning again and hope to keep the 2 week promise
Last Edit: by pocketwatch.

Re: OK I Will give it another try 18 Jan 2009 15:26 #2047

• the.guard
If you held yourself back from devarim assurim even when in a low point, feeling sick, home alone and not doing your normal responsibilities, that is impressive indeed. You have it in you, MDM. Keep strong and read the daily Chizuk e-mails well. We are here for you, and Hashem is here for you. Make use of that :-) Speak to him. Plead with him. Ask him to help you remove lust from your life and replace it with Ahavas Hashem.
Last Edit: by Mayim-Tehoirim.

Re: OK I Will give it another try 19 Jan 2009 14:52 #2055

• mdmjerusalem
ok guard please hang me on the chart
day 10 today
but i still did not keep my promise
surfing daily, and without a filter
i can take my weakness
hashem please give me 2 sense
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?