Welcome, Guest

MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 134021 Views

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 18 Dec 2016 03:51 #300141

• Dov
  • Administrator
Ok, yeah. Maybe him too.
Sorry, forgot.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 19 Dec 2016 18:58 #300393

• YidFromMonsey
  • Current streak: 1653 days
  • Gold Boarder
MBJ wrote on 13 Dec 2016 15:07:
How can I feel like, literally, the luckiest guy in the world, who had been showered untold gifts by Hashem and also feel needy and longing at the same time? Why the  disconnect of being so content and yet wanting to act out?

I have been engaging in very dangerous thoughts, potentially triggering internet searches and ill advised actions the last week. I have done this dance enough times to know where it ends if I don't change something.

The question is what? (I am not looking for answers per se, I probably won't listen to them anyway.) What do I need to do to make me feel in my kishkes what my head is telling me. Because the longing is in my kishkes and the contented feeling in my head.

I love my wife. I don't want to hurt her, but I still lust after her very strongly, but she might as well be on the other side of the world. I also don't want to go there. I don't want to be that person any more. I hate that person. I hate who he is and what he stands for. But something in me just can't let him go.

Wow! So well written. I'm wondering though how you got into my head and knew exactly what I feel like and how to write it down so beautifully, guess an addict is an addict is an addict

Thanks Dov for your wisdom, and yeah, I totally agree with you about acceptance, I'm currently working on my step 1 and going thru all that.....
You're better than yesterday but not as good as you're gonna be tomorrow. - Harvey

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 10 Aug 2017 16:53 #318587

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Been a really long time. A busy and tired time. Exhausting in fact. I have been doing not so good not so bad. Going about 3 weeks and then falling a few times then going another few weeks. No crazy falls. No crazy long streaks either. 

Still feeling much much lust and tons of resentment. Not a fun combination. Also feeling very far away from Hashem. Just really really tired all the time. No energy to do anything.

Hope to start posting here again with some more regularity. It has been way too long.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 10 Aug 2017 18:29 #318594

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back
Maybe give us a brief update about yourself for those of us that were not here before and are to lazy to read thru your thread (like me)

Thanks
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 10 Aug 2017 19:42 #318607

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 10 Aug 2017 18:29:
Welcome back
Maybe give us a brief update about yourself for those of us that were not here before and are to lazy to read thru your thread (like me)

Thanks

About me?
ok. Struggling with masturbation for over 20 years. Been on GYE for almost 6 years. Had some huge success in that time. Had some huge failures in that time. I probably am not an addict. I am also probably an addict.

A shame to skip my thread, has some real gems in there. At least they seemed that way at the time. Probably a bunch of crap.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 10 Aug 2017 21:09 #318623

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Welcome back!  Good to hear from you again.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 10 Aug 2017 21:19 #318624

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Dilbert! (or is it Dogbert?)
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 11 Aug 2017 06:29 #318642

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote on 10 Aug 2017 21:19:
Hi Dilbert! (or is it Dogbert?)

Most of the time it is dogbert. Nice to see old "faces" again. Maybe even meet at few new ones.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 14 Aug 2017 01:32 #318736

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
MBJ wrote on 10 Aug 2017 19:42:

MayanHamisgaber wrote on 10 Aug 2017 18:29:
Welcome back

Thanks

About me?
ok. Struggling with masturbation for over 20 years. Been on GYE for almost 6 years. Had some huge success in that time. Had some huge failures in that time. I probably am not an addict. I am also probably an addict.

A shame to skip my thread, has some real gems in there. At least they seemed that way at the time. Probably a bunch of crap.

Your thread is one of the first I read and helped reel me in to gye. great to see you back and hoping to see more gems.
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 14 Aug 2017 07:20 #318743

• dont give up
  • Current streak: 1788 days
  • Fresh Boarder
The Big Book (pg 44) gives 2 clear criterias for someone to be defined hopeless/alcoholic.
We hope we have made clear the distinction between  the alcoholic and the non-alcoholic.
If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely,
or if when drinking, you have little control over the amount you take,
you are probably alcoholic.
If that be the case, you may be suffering from an illness which only a spiritual experience will conquer.

What does your experience tell you; 
can you stop lusting entirely(i.e. for good, permentaly, not just for a stretch)?
can you control how much you lust (watch open for 10min a day and hen switch the computer) or will you say "just 2 more min" and then "just another 2 min" etc?
if both of the above are not possible, perhaps you are suffering from an illness that only a spiritual experience can conquer (I.e. all human techniques, resolutions and restrictions don't work).
but, if you have the choice and can control, then you're not powerless - instead, just your choice and control to regulate it.
G-D bless and have a great day!
My experience may be different to yours, but they're both correct
"Give me news - not views"

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 14 Aug 2017 19:33 #318777

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
dont give up wrote on 14 Aug 2017 07:20:
The Big Book (pg 44) gives 2 clear criterias for someone to be defined hopeless/alcoholic.
We hope we have made clear the distinction between  the alcoholic and the non-alcoholic.
If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely,
or if when drinking, you have little control over the amount you take,
you are probably alcoholic.
If that be the case, you may be suffering from an illness which only a spiritual experience will conquer.

What does your experience tell you; 
can you stop lusting entirely(i.e. for good, permentaly, not just for a stretch)?
can you control how much you lust (watch open for 10min a day and hen switch the computer) or will you say "just 2 more min" and then "just another 2 min" etc?
if both of the above are not possible, perhaps you are suffering from an illness that only a spiritual experience can conquer (I.e. all human techniques, resolutions and restrictions don't work).
but, if you have the choice and can control, then you're not powerless - instead, just your choice and control to regulate it.
G-D bless and have a great day!

I don't really want to get to deep down this particular rabbit hole because at the end of the day it don't really matter.

While I can say that there are many times when I have a strong desire and I feel I just can't stop, how many red blooded males are out there that can? I don't have the answer to that question. My personal situation is such that I have an enormous amount of pressure. I question whether it I had a even slightly more normal situation I would struggle quite so much. An answer to that I may never have and therefore it is all academic. What is important is what works and what doesn't. Right now for me it doesn't. But I know that GYE does work for me. So I will try that again.

Cheers
Eli
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 22 Aug 2017 12:16 #319101

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Just got back from vacation. Shmirat eynayim disaster.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 22 Aug 2017 15:49 #319114

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hi Eli!
First, it's unclear to me: what r u referring to when you write "it's not working for me"? What isn't, and what is? I guess asking w that has to come the q "what do you mean when you say 'working'... definition? Many here use that to mean that they are too uncomfortable to use it. But I don't think you mean that here....so, I ask.Second, I don't know what a shmiras einayim disaster looks like (no pun intended!). You mean a lusting disaster - or a seeing disaster? I'm not sure what would be disastrous in seeing, if a lust-fest never ended-up happening in my heart...and if I'm losing my brains out, then that's the disaster. Even without seeing anything at all.. do you exper ience it differently, and have shmiras einayim disaster w/o lusting being the entire point of it??Please explain so I understand. Thanks old chaver!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 22 Aug 2017 18:57 #319134

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov wrote on 22 Aug 2017 15:49:
Hi Eli!

First, it's unclear to me: what r u referring to when you write "it's not working for me"? What isn't, and what is? I guess asking w that has to come the q "what do you mean when you say 'working'... definition? Many here use that to mean that they are too uncomfortable to use it. But I don't think you mean that here....so, I ask.Second, I don't know what a shmiras einayim disaster looks like (no pun intended!). You mean a lusting disaster - or a seeing disaster? I'm not sure what would be disastrous in seeing, if a lust-fest never ended-up happening in my heart...and if I'm losing my brains out, then that's the disaster. Even without seeing anything at all.. do you exper ience it differently, and have shmiras einayim disaster w/o lusting being the entire point of it??Please explain so I understand. Thanks old chaver!!

Basically, I had a time when I had my head on pretty straight. In that time I was involved in these forums and I was speaking to people about my issues and how to deal with them. Also about their issues and my advice or perspective. I felt close to Hashem and was working on freeing myself from lust.

All that stopped at some point and now I have been floating in the wind moving wherever the lust takes me. The only thing I can say is that a to be least this time around my falls have been not nearly as bad as in my past. 

So what is not working is whatever I have been doing ie nothing. That is why I have been so lost. I need to try to get back into a routine where removing lust is important to me again. So I have come back to this community for support. As for shmirat eynayim, isn't it always about lusting. What would be the fun otherwise?

My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 23 Aug 2017 01:10 #319162

• Dov
  • Administrator
Absolutely clear, Eli, thank you!

You're obviously a very good man, sins and all, as many of us are. And Hashem will help you do whatever you need to do to be freed from lust, just as He helps so many Jews and gentiles I know personally.

If there's ever anything I can help you with, just call on me, chaver.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes