Welcome, Guest

MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 134034 Views

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 18 Jun 2015 23:36 #257179

• cordnoy
stillgoing wrote:
MBJ
One other thing. My preschooler is in love with his teacher. Everyday he talks about how pretty she is

He's only three! How many kids do you know that take things without permission. All of the kids that I know. Does that mean that they will all be kleptomaniacs when they grow older?! My older siblings still tease me that in first grade I used to talk about how soft my teachers hands were. (And no, that didn't cause me to be where I am today. Guys are my problem, not girls).
Kids will talk about anything. He seems to have a sense of style. That doesn't mean that he will be all over girls as he grows up. It just means that he likes nice things.
Hatzlacha

Now I don't profess to remember everything about every person, although generally I will not speak on the phone with someone unless I read his history first, did you ever mention that tidbit before? No big deal either way. ...just curious.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 19 Jun 2015 14:28 #257209

• needtoquit
  • Current streak: 876 days
  • Expert Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
Last two posts should be required readin'.

Wow, I'm flattered! I'm really grateful to Hashem for giving me the right things to say.

9494 wrote:
Needtoquit said it very well.

I will just chime in and say that if you feel that you actually do need meetings, just do it - the discomfort will last...till you step into the door.

Like every normal human being I was nervous as hell, had a constant stream of excuses popping up during every second of that initial drive. Its normal, but certainly not an excuse to not go (if you decide you need it that is).

Yes indeed. After walking through the door it really did get better.

Hatzlacha to everyone in getting whatever help they need in this challenge and all of life,
NeedToQuit

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 29 Jun 2015 21:56 #258090

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I am feeling frustrated. I fell again yesterday. On the one hand I am struggling to get going on the other I think I am making huge progress mentally.

I wrote a post on what surrender means to me. I had a further thought on that. Surrender as I said is tiving up the right to pust etc. I now believe that a consequence of that surrender is I get my bechira back. If lust is not something that I must have then it means I have a choice whether to act out or not. If I feel a stirring of something I say to myself "you have a choice". I can choose to act or obsess because I dont have to. Now this all may be bunk, afterall I just masturbated last night. On the other hand simply reminding myself that I have no right or need to lust and I therefore can make a choice, leaves me with peace and a smile and usually a dwindling if the lust.

It feels right. What a miracle and blessing bechira is.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 01 Jul 2015 21:09 #258369

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
One thing my latest struggles have driven home is the abslute miracle my 600 days of sobriety were. I am seeing now just how far kochi vosem yadi gets me. It gets me a week at best. Just like in the last 20 years of my life.

I am an addict and I love you Hashem. Thank You for this avenue to get closer to You.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 02 Jul 2015 03:25 #258417

• neshamaincharge
  • Current streak: 3654 days
  • Platinum Boarder
MBJ wrote:
One thing my latest struggles have driven home is the abslute miracle my 600 days of sobriety were. I am seeing now just how far kochi vosem yadi gets me. It gets me a week at best. Just like in the last 20 years of my life.

I am an addict and I love you Hashem. Thank You for this avenue to get closer to You.

What a great lesson for us all! Thank you for sharing!

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 06 Jul 2015 22:21 #258836

[quote="neshamaincharge" post=258417]MBJ wrote:
One thing my latest struggles

Yes I totally identify wiht this feeling. It is certainly an opportunity for getting close to Hashem.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 13 Jul 2015 20:58 #259359

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
A careful look at my life has to lead me to the conclusion that I am either the luckiest man alive, or there truly is a G-d who is looking out for my best interests. Since I don't believe in luck I have no choice but to accept the latter possibility. Accepting that, I must therefore show deep gratitude, repect and appreciation for this G-d. I mean you couldn't write a script with that much serendipity. Not even the movie Serendipity has as much serendipity as my life.

Since I have this wonderful Being watching over me and provid9ng everything I need, I must then conclude that I am not lacking anything in my life. Even things that I may percievd as lacking I know this is only a limitation based on my short sightedness, and that given enough time I will see why even these alleged deficiencies to my needs and really for my benefit.

I must therefore conclude that anytime I think I need something, I must be mistaken. For, if I truly needed it I would have it. Since I do not have it, or said differently, since G-d has not given it to me, it proves that I don't need it.

Therefore any lust I feel is optional not necessary. I am then surrendering that need and left with a choice.

Once it becomes a choice I am free to think about the pros and cons of that choice and make an informed decision.

My history informs me that the pleasures of all lusts are fleeting and illusory. The pain and depression felt after far outweighs the benefit recieved.

The choice then becomes an easy and liberating one.

Now while this seems so logical and true to me now. I must go through this whole process everyday. Sometimes several times a day. That is the lessons I have learned from my last set of falls.

May Hashem give me strength to pick myself up from my מ"ט שערי טומאה and make my current 14 days of sobriety stick and grow.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 13 Jul 2015 22:44 #259370

• cordnoy
MBJ wrote:
A careful look at my life has to lead me to the conclusion that I am either the luckiest man alive, or there truly is a G-d who is looking out for my best interests. Since I don't believe in luck I have no choice but to accept the latter possibility. Accepting that, I must therefore show deep gratitude, repect and appreciation for this G-d. I mean you couldn't write a script with that much serendipity. Not even the movie Serendipity has as much serendipity as my life.

Since I have this wonderful Being watching over me and provid9ng everything I need, I must then conclude that I am not lacking anything in my life. Even things that I may percievd as lacking I know this is only a limitation based on my short sightedness, and that given enough time I will see why even these alleged deficiencies to my needs and really for my benefit.

I must therefore conclude that anytime I think I need something, I must be mistaken. For, if I truly needed it I would have it. Since I do not have it, or said differently, since G-d has not given it to me, it proves that I don't need it.

Therefore any lust I feel is optional not necessary. I am then surrendering that need and left with a choice.

Once it becomes a choice I am free to think about the pros and cons of that choice and make an informed decision.

My history informs me that the pleasures of all lusts are fleeting and illusory. The pain and depression felt after far outweighs the benefit recieved.

The choice then becomes an easy and liberating one.

Now while this seems so logical and true to me now. I must go through this whole process everyday. Sometimes several times a day. That is the lessons I have learned from my last set of falls.

May Hashem give me strength to pick myself up from my מ"ט שערי טומאה and make my current 14 days of sobriety stick and grow.

Should be mandatory reading.
Daily.
Perhaps a moderator should make this post sticky.
Anyone. ...?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Last Edit: 13 Jul 2015 23:54 by cordnoy.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 13 Jul 2015 23:42 #259375

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
The clarity of the your argument is impressive.

Thank you for that.

You are in fact displaying the classic battle between good judgement and the lure of desire.

No matter how clear it is not to consume certain foods when on a diet it's still a challenge not to eat them. Of course not to mention the added difficulties that the aroma and the comments and grunts others make over its taste.

The student knows he has to study for the exam tomorrow yet he may watch his team on television wasting away precious time.

Temptation/lust gives quick strong pleasure but is short lived followed by fallout that isn't pretty. The true value of its pleasure is thus illusory.

On the other hand, making the logical sound decision gives a person a long lasting meaningful feeling of accomplishment and self respect.

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 15 Jul 2015 03:56 #259490

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Thanks MBJ for that share!!

It's really nice to see your posts, sporadic as they may be!!

KOT!! KOMT!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 15 Jul 2015 09:00 #259499

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
Thanks MBJ!!!!

What a great post!!!!

Like Cordnoy said this should be a must to everyone!!! And like you said sometimes even a couple of times a day!!!

But like Yirais wrote its not always so simple even when knowing all of the above. I think that the more we review it before a attack not during the easier it is to have a influence on us.

Its all about מוח שליט על הלב aint so easy but very worthy!!!

KOP!!!!

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 15 Jul 2015 21:35 #259546

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
You are right dd. That is not a strategy for an attack. That is my strategy at the very first sign of trouble. When in the midst of a real struggle more blunt force tactics are needed.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 28 Jul 2015 07:53 #260423

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
MBJ wrote:
dov wrote on 02 Dec 2012 20:25:

It won't really be 70 days, though. It'll be a day just like the day before and the day after. Just - one - day...chad - gad - ya!

To some extent I agree. When I am going through the day, I can't say I need to make it through day 70 (today it is 72), rather I need to say I am going to make it through today. I can do today. But for where I am in my development, I need to look back and see how far I have come, because I still don't believe that I can do it. Personal history has tells me that what I am doing is impossible. 20 years of experience tells me that I can't overcome my problem. So 70 days of being clean is not going to wipe out 20 years (Over 8,000 days) of living in filth. I need to look back and say to myself, "When you started this I bet you never thought you could do 70, and yet here you are. Now let's go and tack on some more. Let's go even further up the mountain."

I hope that at some point, I will be able to not need to look back, because I will have the self confidence to believe in myself and my recovery. But for now, it is still not quite real and I need to look down the mountain and see how far I have lifted myself out of the muck.

Besides, I love the spinning gold bar thingy next to my name, :D

I wrote this post 2.5 years ago. I was lookin at my 90 day chart obthe computer for the first time in a while and I saw I am now at 999 cumulative clean days. Tomorrow with G-d's help I will have had 1000 cumulative clean days in the last almost 3 years.
I know I had a bad string of falls recently that I am now starting to climb out of, but 3 years ago I would have said that in 50 years I could have 1000 clean days not 3.
Now after 3 years I can say that I have the confidence in G-d to know that He will help me whenever I call upon Him.
Also my 4 digits of filth will have a 4 digit counterpart of sobriety. It seems surreal.

All I can say is Thank You RBS"O. Thank you for the awakening. Thank you for my situation. Thank you for Your strength. Thank you for ALWAYS being there for me, holding me, protecting me, guiding me. I am truly nothingness, and only by Your Chessed am I a something.
My Story

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 28 Jul 2015 08:28 #260424

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
Inspiring...

Re: MBJ's 90 day (and more) Journey 22 Aug 2015 20:54 #262520

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a fall last week. Just stupid stupid stupid stuff. I should know better by now.

Been clean since then b"H.

My marriage is a strange thing. So beautiful and yet completely the opposite of what my lust fantasies would dictate. Oddly enough that is exactly what I need. Of course. The real miracle is that I can see that it is exactly what I need. (At least most of the time.)
My Story
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2015 20:59 by MBJ.
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes