Welcome, Guest

SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 8983 Views

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 04 Sep 2009 06:35 #15818

• Tomim2B
Shmilu wrote on 04 Sep 2009 06:24:

Just got an urge, a practically irresistable urge, to do some 'im'oisgehaltene' stuff.
BUT HEY, IT'S NOT AN OPTION!!!

"Not an option!" - that's a great attitude!

In a private discussion with a friend from the forum, I learned the practical distinction between a "desire" and a "want". In this case, we "desire" to fall, but we don't "want" to. You "want" to stay clean!

Keep up the good work!

2B
Last Edit: by .

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 06 Sep 2009 04:56 #15989

• Shmilu
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Day 25:
Motza"sh.

So far so good.
I feel that I'm starting to lose that great feeling of being in control, however, and I'm starting to feel like I did 4 weeks ago -- my davening has regressed; my learning has regressed; I'm gravitating towards sports again; Etc. -- despite doing fine in terms of shmiras einayim v'habris since starting this thing -- neither a fall, nor a slip.
I have a feeling that sooner or later I will slip or fall as a result of this lack of Sipuk.
Is this normal?
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2009 05:15 by PieceofElokah.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 06 Sep 2009 11:11 #16034

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Is this normal?

Totally. After the initial burst of inspiration, it dies down. Now is where the real fun - and growth - begins  
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by ineedhelp8012.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 06 Sep 2009 16:52 #16101

• bardichev
ACCORDING TO THE HEILIGEH CHIDDUSHIE HARIM

IT IS A SIMAN THAT HASHEM IS MOCHEL YOU

WOW!!!!
b
Last Edit: by happy1369.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 06 Sep 2009 17:57 #16113

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
bardichev wrote on 06 Sep 2009 16:52:

IT IS A SIMAN THAT HASHEM IS MOCHEL YOU

WOW!!!!
b

I wish that were the case, Heilige "sees-everything-with-rose-colored-3D-glasses" Barditchev. Something occured twice over the weekend, which would indicate otherwise:
I accidently dropped my Rash"i Tefillin on the floor in shul on Thursday, while this morning I found my Ra"t Tefillin on my kitchen floor (my 2-yr-old's doing).

It never happened to me before.

It doesn't seem to me like a very positive omen. . .
Last Edit: by timeisnow.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 06 Sep 2009 18:45 #16116

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
bardichev wrote on 06 Sep 2009 16:52:

IT IS A SIMAN THAT HASHEM I MOCHEL YOU

WOW!!!!
b

Mar'eh Mookoim, please?
Last Edit: by Koidesh.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 06 Sep 2009 18:53 #16117

• bardichev
I WILL LOOK IT UP BLI NEDER IT IS IN THE SEFER
Last Edit: by tehorahi.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 06 Sep 2009 19:58 #16142

• battleworn
Shmilu, first of all wellcome home (better late than never).

I feel that I'm starting to lose that great feeling of being in control, however, and I'm starting to feel like I did 4 weeks ago -- my davening has regressed; my learning has regressed; I'm gravitating towards sports again; Etc. -- despite doing fine in terms of shmiras einayim v'habris since starting this thing -- neither a fall, nor a slip.

This always happens. R' Tzadok Hacohen explaines it in a few different ways, but the bottom line is that it depends what you do with it. The klal gadol is that Hashem wants our mesiras nefesh, so first He gives us a little taste of what it really means to LIVE, and He says "Now work for it"

Each time Hashem wants us to reach a new madreigah, we first have to go through a period of darkness. Before every day there's a night and after every night there's a day. And we all know that the better a job we do during the night, the greater will be the light of the day. And the ikur is to keep pushing closer to Hashem אשרי הגבר יחסה בו

To tell you the truth I'm also going through such a tekufa right now, that's why I'm hardly posting. But together we will SMASH!through this big klipah and we'll be zocheh to the tremendous OIR that's hiding behind it!
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2009 20:00 by onlyme.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 06 Sep 2009 23:39 #16189

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, Battleworn.
Still very depressed about my tefillin, though.
Last Edit: by yitzchokisaac.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 07 Sep 2009 02:21 #16200

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Day 26:

Today was a bit shvacher in terms of shmiras einayim, but we'll bounce back tomorrow with renewed vigor, be"h.
Oy, Heiliger Tefillin...

Do I need to fast 2 days since my Tefillin fell twice?
Anybody in the know?
Last Edit: by another1.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 07 Sep 2009 02:32 #16202

• Tomim2B
Shmilu wrote on 07 Sep 2009 02:21:

Do I need to fast 2 days since my Tefillin fell twice?
Anybody in the know?

I once spoke to a Rav on the matter of fasting when one's teffilin falls. He said: In place of fasting, one may put the cost of his meals (for the day) into tzedaka. In your case, yes; this is 2 days. Considering that meals are relatively inexpensive, this shouldn't be much of a burden. Do what needs to be done and move on.

2B
Last Edit: by byomvyom.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 07 Sep 2009 03:04 #16203

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
Even if you are right to be looking into this event (which you may not be) it is more likely that you have become worthy of Hashem giving you a lesson. Since I have been clean, I have many times felt that Hashem was teaching me a lesson in ways that I had never felt before. Not all messages from Hashem are rewards, but they are all a sign that you are living with Hashem. And that itself is a cause for celebration!
Last Edit: by hesam_tut.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 07 Sep 2009 12:05 #16238

• battleworn
Still very depressed about my tefillin, though.

Shmilu, if that's the way you feel, you can do what Uri did:

I said to Hashem
"Listen.I don't know if you want me to talk to you or not.Youre probably sick of me by now,and You are trying to get me to go away.But no matter how hard you push,I will keep reaching for You.You cant get rid of me,not the yetzer hara not the satan,noone.I will not stop reaching for you to hold me."
And with that,i davened shacharis.
I davened for all of us at GYE and thought of a few specific strugglers that i know are having quite a painful difficult time.And I cried....

You probably know that Reb Elimelech said that "Chevlei Moshiach" is going to be like a rope that everyone needs to hold on to for dear life - to not be torn away from Hashem. And before Moshi'ach comes the rope is going to be shaken really really hard and it's going to be very very hard to hold on. BUT WE JUST HAVE TO HOLD ON WITH ALL OUR MIGHT!

So yes maybe you're right, maybe Hashem is shaking the rope intentionally. But that's the time to show our love. This is the tikun of the Chet ha'egel - to not let go no matter how dark it gets. And just like the chet ha'egel was the father of all aveiros, this is the father of all Mitzvohs. This is the shpitz of the shpitz. This is what the world has been waiting for - all the regular stuff was done already.

So as R' Tzadok says, take Chazal's advice כל מה שאומר לך בעל הבית עשה חוץ מצא Hashem is of course the Baal habayis and you should do whatever He tells you, except if you think He's telling you "Go away." If that happens, not only shouldn't you listen, but aderaba not listening is the key to bringing Moshi'ach and also your own personal geulah.

CHAZAK VE'EMATZ!

Last Edit: by oivedelokim.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 08 Sep 2009 05:10 #16452

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Day 27:
... Was an uneventful day, b"h.
Took my wife and kids to the mall and, needless to say, there were many, many triggers there. But we did relatively well, b"h.
Hoidy LaShem Ki Toiv!
Last Edit: by guni40.

Re: SoDifficult's quest for innocence and purity 09 Sep 2009 15:53 #16910

• Shmilu
  • Fresh Boarder
Day 29:

I'm a bit down today (my usual self-confidence issues). Hope it won't drag me down to where I don't wanna go...
Keep me in your prayers, everyone.
Last Edit: by Shir.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes