Welcome, Guest

90 days - Chazaka to bring back Chazaka Demeikkara
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 days - Chazaka to bring back Chazaka Demeikkara 2605 Views

Re: 90 days - Chazaka to bring back Chazaka Demeikkara 03 Dec 2012 03:07 #148820

• mexicanjew
  • Junior Boarder
yehoshua wrote on 27 Nov 2012 08:50:

Well anyhow, for me that breathing space gives me the chance to admit that I am helpless and ask Hashem for help.

What do you mean breathing space? when Im clean or when I fall?

Anyway I start today, and tomorrow is my last final exam in college and then vacations, I will have to limit the computer I think, what else can work for vacations, when there is a lot of free time?

Re: 90 days - Chazaka to bring back Chazaka Demeikkara 03 Dec 2012 13:09 #148835

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I might be wrong on this, there are so many people here who know what they are saying... But, here goes...

I feel the taphsic is like a things to do before and after a fall or perhaps even a slip. This is how I understand taphsic. This is great, since it keeps me sober, but I feel that the aim of recovery should be to have a great meaningful life. And by that I mean breathing space, after the taphsic I can joyfully find meaning and do chessed, search for the real meaning of life.

It depends what are you in for. It is the obstacles of life, that I want to escape from, yes, I want to escape life. But once I have some breathing space, some clear thinking time without my lust knocking, I can see lifes problems not as triggers, but simply like a new day, full of fresh air and new challenges.

But hey, I am dreaming here of a perfection. The truth is somewhere else. Honestly, I am really struggeling for that right this second.

May Hashem give You a lot of simcha!!! 8)

Re: 90 days - Chazaka to bring back Chazaka Demeikkara 06 Dec 2012 06:57 #148991

• mexicanjew
  • Junior Boarder
THANK YOU!! :D 8)

That helps a lot...
I didnt see it that way, and youre completely right, I dont want to be clean in order to be clean, I want it to have a better life...
And its exactly when I feel have problems or I am stressed or preoccupied when I feel the strongest urges...
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes