Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My journy 7169 Views

Re: My journy 03 Dec 2012 16:15 #148847

• reallygettingthere
Happy to hear that you are getting up.

Do you have a plan to correct the thing that caused you to fall?......?

Re: My journy 03 Dec 2012 17:11 #148852

• Dov
  • Administrator
Gut gezokt. We often get so slaphappy when we are granted a few days, weeks, or months of clean time, that we get carried away with it.

Sometimes we misuse religious feelings at that point and start spewing divrei kedusha and chizzuk...sincerely assuming that we are 'worthy' now - after all, we are clean! It's poison.

Sometimes we misuse self-esteem feelings at that point and start patting ourselves on our backs (which are still so sore from all our self-whipping) and the gayvoh is unrecognized. We start spewing advice. It's poison.

Some of us misuse vigilance at that point, and become super-vigilant in order to protect what we have been given...but, of course, we didn't make it happen in the first place! It was a gift we were given by Hashem because we allowed Him to do that for us by getting out of His way. We had a touch of anivus, usually granted by the broken-heartedness of falling, itself. But now we lose it by being hyper-vigilant, thereby taking the credit. It's poison.

Gevalt, we need help more after we have been sober for a while than we do in the beginning! But not for lust cravings...rather, for the things that led us to needing our lusting behaviors so badly over the years: our fear, pride, resentment, and other complaints about life.

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: My journy 04 Dec 2012 16:34 #148891

• jewish jew
  • Platinum Boarder
Brilliant Dov, I just love the last post and it rings well with me.

Yitzchok
The opposite of addiction is not sobriety, it’s connection

Re: My journy 06 Dec 2012 21:14 #149021

• some_guy
  • Current streak: 2975 days
  • Platinum Boarder
To day is day 3.
My Rabbi always gives me the same advice. "Be happy. The world is good. Just be happy."

Re: My journy 06 Dec 2012 22:54 #149029

• reallygettingthere
Don't get scared by your success. Keep on goin'
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes