Welcome, Guest

WeWillNotBeForsaken
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: WeWillNotBeForsaken 6405 Views

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 21 Jan 2009 01:35 #2120

• mdmjerusalem
oh please WeWillNotBeForsaken
don't despair
come back, dear
all us here
about you, care
please let us hear
where are you, where?
Last Edit: by .

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 21 Jan 2009 11:03 #2127

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Nice poem!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by thegoodwife.

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 18 Feb 2009 05:47 #3086

• WeWillNotBeForsaken
"From the depths I call out to you Hashem"
Its been a while.
Good to see so many people moving up the charts...
...Especially those that I can remember their start.
Just checking in. Not much positive stuff to say. Hope to check back in soon with good news.
Does feel good to be back though...
Getting back into battle...

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 18 Feb 2009 14:37 #3093

• the.guard
GOod to see you back. Please listen to this Shiur.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 05 Jan 2010 15:34 #42340

• WeWillNotBeForsaken
Hello everyone.
Its been a while.
What a crazy year its been.
Finally trying to take control of my life again. Clean for 4 days. (That's like a new record unfortunately).
I hope to check in here more often.
Last Edit: by resilientbison47.

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 05 Jan 2010 15:39 #42341

• WeWillNotBeForsaken
So of course I now have to try to install a filter. Only 1 problem - i already had K-9 installed (allowing access to all sites - but monitoring what I visited) and I totally forgot the password (which was the point when i originally set it up) and the email address that i registered with!!! I guess I'll just reboot my entire computer to factory conditions.
Although truth be told, I have easy access to over 4 computers with unfiltered internet - so I don't know how much good a filter on one computer will do.
Last Edit: by dart.

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 05 Jan 2010 15:41 #42342

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
KUTGW!!  We are all here for you!!  4 days is better then no days.  Stay positive. 
Last Edit: by verygoodmen.

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 05 Jan 2010 16:12 #42350

• the.guard
Welcome back!

Please see this shiur.

If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, start from 22:15 into the Shmuz - and watch until 48:00.
Last Edit: by resilientsquirrel58.

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 05 Jan 2010 22:11 #42532

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Oh, my dear chaver, holy warrior,

Please do not be so hard on yourself. You have to believe in your own inner goodness. YOU ARE SPECIAL, YOU ARE A GOOD MAN. Look at the POSITIVE, GOOD things you do in your life. The people you touch and make happy each day. Don't focus on what you DO NOT have. Focus on what you DO have. Build on that.

We just said Chazak Chazak v'Nischazeik. be strong and we will be strengthened (by Hashem). But it's predicated by you being strong first!

What is strength? Real strength is fortitude. Not whether we win or lose the battle, which is in reality up to HKB"H, but how we fight, and how bravely we pick ourselves up from a fall, dust off the mud, and begin to climb back up.

Do you even realize how brave you are? Look at the bold steps you have taken to change your life! 57 days clean!! Look at THAT BEAUTIFUL ACCOMPLISHMENT against the backdrop of where you came from! how many of us are inspired by you!! me an' some of da boys are only in our 20's (days-wise). We look up to you - we are AWED by what you've won. No One can take that away from you.

I say BARUCH HASHEM for some of my falls, cuz He has used them to teach me lessons of how to grow stronger. You can't jump higher without crouching down first. And you will be SOOOO much stronger and holier because of the increased levels of tshuvah you will attain.

Now, go look yourself in the eye in a mirror. Go on. look HARD until you can see the GOOD that is you. Think of the Good things Hashem has blessed you with. look at yourself and say UT LOUD - "I made a mistake, but I am NOT a mistake - Hashem doesn't make mistakes."

With much love and repsect,

Steve.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by tzkr.

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 05 Jan 2010 22:18 #42535

• WeWillNotBeForsaken
Thanks Steve - But 57 days is a thing of the past... for now.
I just finished 5.
Last Edit: by minhamayim.

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 05 Jan 2010 22:39 #42543

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
WeWillNotBeForsaken wrote on 05 Jan 2010 22:18:

Thanks Steve - But 57 days is a thing of the past... for now.
I just finished 5.

Sorry to dissagree. That's my point. Didnt'jer ever hear of the YTD (year to date) number on a paycheck? The 57 is not gone, my friend. On this 90 day chart you can see it in the previous good streak column.

Let me put it THIS way - how did the Kohein Gadol Count on Yom Kippur? ACHAS, ACHAS V'ACHAS, ACHAS V'SHTAYIM, etc. You are at 57 + 5 days. THAT'S 62 DAYS for you accounting majors...
Count it like the Kohein Gadol. Really, VERBALIZE it each day - 57 plus 5, maybe even use the same chant like we do on Yom Kippur. Say it in hebrew as well as in english,

Keep going. BUT Don't over-rate the 90 day thing - it's a great goal, and can be very helpful, but the battle aint over just cuz the synapsis have re-routed. Your still gonna have to face the reasons behind your addiction one day, if you wanna be free from it. Not in control, which is impossible, but FREE.

So stop kicking yerself. Did you EVER have 62 days in one fiscal year clean before, since you got addicted? THAT'S GEVALDIG!!!

Have a great nite, a glorious morning, and an inspiring next day!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by brightlynx01.

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 05 Jan 2010 23:05 #42555

• bardichev
5?? 57?? WHO CARES??

THE MAIN THING IS

DONT FORSAKE US AGAIN

THE FOUM HAS QHUAROOOOPLED SINCE YOUR HIATUS

WE HAVE A SWAT TEAM THAT HUNTS DOWN AWOL MEMBERS

WE DAVEN MINCHA HERE

WE HAVE A BAISMEDRASH

A KRETCHMA

A TRUCKSTOP

SUSHI BAR

ICE CREAM PARLOR

IT SOUNDS LIKE A SMALL JEWISH COMMUNITY

IT IS!!!

KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!!!
Last Edit: by leabay.

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 06 Jan 2010 16:06 #42884

• the.guard
LOL Bardy, you're a RIOT.

I think I'll hire you to be the official GYE Forum Gabai...

We just need to get you a pishke 

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 07 Jan 2010 21:01 #43515

• kanesher
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey...that's what we're missing. A riot.

I never really got the sushi thing. But now we're talking.

Riot!

Then I can use tear gas and batons and rubber bullets and water cannons and that nasty smelling stuff the mistara started using...

Or maybe run over people with horses - you know, by accident of course, maybe just three or four accidents...or five...

Ooh, ooh, could I like, headbut the protesters while they're walking away?

could I use live ammo if things real get out of hand? You know, just at select troublemakers? Please? Please?

What a great idea...

Re: WeWillNotBeForsaken 07 Jan 2010 22:51 #43559

• WeWillNotBeForsaken
Been out of combat for so long, forgot how hard the battle is. Day 7 has come and gone. Beginning day 8.
Some other stuff that perhaps some people can explain to me:
1. What is up with sushi, ice cream, pickles?
2. Who (not literally who) is 7up and why is she "mom"
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes