Welcome, Guest

almost at 90 days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: almost at 90 days 958 Views

almost at 90 days 15 Jun 2012 14:01 #139539

• 109gye
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I am GYE member 109gye. I am holding at 86 days clean for the first time in my life, I am over 30, and I have no one to share the accomplishment with. Ideally, I would want to at least have a special l'chaim at the shabbos table or somethig like that. The problem is my wife doesn't know about this huge milestone, because I never told hefr abput the problem, and I don't have the guts to share it with her.
I am at a library, because at home my internet filter filters out forums and news sites, and in order to reset it, I would have to ask my wife for her half of the password,and I just can't. This is also the reason I was not active on these forums, as I don't have regular access to them.
Any chizuk/ideas/help how to cope with feelings are appreciated.
Thanks

Re: almost at 90 days 15 Jun 2012 14:10 #139540

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome, and great work! You are not alone, you have us! We are proud of you.

L'chaim!!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: almost at 90 days 15 Jun 2012 14:23 #139541

Hi there,

Welcome aboard. You now have 'lots' of friends to share your 'secrets' with. Keep up the good work and keep us 'posted'.

And by all means, please drink an extra l'chayim tonite for this accomplishment. I will bl"n also drink one for you, so we'll be 'drinking together'. Maybe other members will join as well.

In this week's Parsha: Vayomer Hashem Solachti Kidvorecha - says the Baal Shem Tov zy"a that Vayomer Solachti Kidvorecha is Roshei Taivos KOS - to teach us that when two yidden drink l'chayim together, Hashem forgives their sins. So a misnaged asked the Besht's talmid (R" Dovid of Mikolayev zt"l), "But your Rebbe forgot about Hashem - which is in between the words Vayomer (Hashem) Solachti Kidvorecha". And R' Dovid replied, "Chas vesholom, my Rebbe did not forget Hashem. Hashem's name is sometimes written as 2 yidden (yud yud). That's why my Rebbe said, 'When 2 yidden drink...' That and the KOS make up the roshei taivos Vayomer Hashem Solachti Kidvorecha."

Gut Shabbos & l'chayim

MT
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes