Welcome, Guest

The journey to freedom
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The journey to freedom 2068 Views

Re: The journey to freedom 27 Jul 2012 14:06 #142557

Sorry I am now at work and do not have the sefer with me. But I believe it is in the 2 volume set in the section on Taharas Hamidos (there are 2 such sections - it's in the one dealing with shmiras habris).

Kol hakavod on day 42 - This Shabbos you can truly sing: לבי ובשרי ירננו אל א-ל חי

Shabbat Shalom

MT

Re: The journey to freedom 29 Jul 2012 05:39 #142581

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Wonderful to read about your journey. Keep us posted, friend. You seem to be plowing ahead nicely.
Keep it up!
Mottel
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: The journey to freedom 16 Aug 2012 18:39 #143819

• Pressburger
  • Junior Boarder
Shulem tayre Yidden,

there is an adage: Experience is a good teacher but she sends in terrific bills. On day 61 I had a fall :'(. Today is day one. I did listen to my addiction and did not make a new taphsik shvuo because I thought that I do not need it anymore and now I know that I need it. Today I made the new and longer shvuo. But 60 days is amazing and it is very well possible just, I felt too strong and so I was forced to admit my weakness. Thank you for your chizuk, keep going, GYE chevre.
Last week I read a very important message in the book "real power" by Dr. Dovid Lieberman.
Reality cannot be shattered it is just an image that may be destroyed. So I admit that I have a long way, and a lot of potential to work on, yes. Every day counts.
By the way I am still looking for an accountability partner, someone interested, please pm me.

Have a wonderful day.

Re: The journey to freedom 16 Aug 2012 20:38 #143825

• rt
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
Shalom dear Yosef.
I am sorry to hear about your fall.
Much success in the new jorney, nesiya tova! : )

Re: The journey to freedom 19 Aug 2012 14:13 #143923

• Pressburger
  • Junior Boarder
Sholem,

just one word today:
[glow=red,2,300]ELUL

Have a wonderful day.

Re: The journey to freedom 23 Aug 2012 07:58 #144077

• Pressburger
  • Junior Boarder
Sholem,

today is day seven, I am back. I read today an interesting Tomer devora. In perek alef he mentions that HKB"H himself is purifying us from our sins as we say on Yom Kippur that he sprinkles pure water on us. We should not think that we are purifying ourself. HKB"H personally comes keveyachol to do so. The comment on the Tomer Devora adds that this thought should help us not to sin again.
Anyways,we know and this is another makor that we do need fix ourself. We do the avoido and HKB"H is doing the rest.

Have a wonderful day.

Re: The journey to freedom 20 Sep 2012 15:02 #145097

• Pressburger
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

I am back. Now, I moved to a different city and started going to SA meetings. Today is day 5 after many nichsholim and denial I am admitting that I have a real problem I cannot solve on my own.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes