Welcome, Guest

Hashem...help me.
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Hashem...help me. 8331 Views

Re: Hashem...help me. 26 Aug 2009 19:48 #14365

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Well  Done Will,

I was going to ask the same thing, "I Smell Ben Moshe"

Check out his Posts. They are Gevaldig!

You will understand why we thought you might be him.

Anyway, I just read it in the Chizuk Email & I Really did cry as I was reading it. No Lying!

So well Written, It deserves an Award!

I just came here to tell you this one thing because it had the effect some of Reb Shlomos Stories have on me, they make me cry.

This one did just that.

Do you have any clue what effect That 30 seconds made in Shomaim?

Well now that I see how well you write, I'm giving you some home work to continue as what was happening in Shomaim during those "30 Seconds"

Can't wait!

Looking Forward

As a Baal Simche I made A Bris this morning, I Bless you all with a Lifetime of Teshuva Shleimo & Inner Happyness.

E.L.
Last Edit: by Hzk10200.

Re: Hashem...help me. 27 Aug 2009 21:10 #14573

• Will
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Expert Boarder
Wow Efshar, thank you for such a beautiful blessing and feedback! Mazel Tov on the bris!!

Eden- Right now Im going through the sefer Cheshbon HaNefesh to try and get a full grasp on the psychology behind these "animalistic desires"...Then I plan on keeping a daily journal, and perhaps essays on my negative traits...have you figured out a regimen for yourself yet? I would really love to hear about it. Maybe we can be "Chesbon Hanefesh Buddies"? PM me if you're interested...

Day 11-Ive noticed this struggle getting a lot easier. I walk down the street and its no longer a massive accomplishment to look away when I know the 'female kind' is around. Something that did happen to me though was, as I was walking, a kollel wife- whose husband I know well- saw me and smiled....I felt awkward so I waved back. Whats the right thing to do in this situation? If I dont wave, it might be considered rude. If I do wave, who knows what it might be considered. Any ideas?
Last Edit: by chaimislife.

Re: Hashem...help me. 28 Aug 2009 02:57 #14605

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Will wrote on 27 Aug 2009 21:10:

Wow Efshar, thank you for such a beautiful blessing and feedback! Mazel Tov on the bris!!

Something that did happen to me though was, as I was walking, a kollel wife- whose husband I know well- saw me and smiled....I felt awkward so I waved back. Whats the right thing to do in this situation? If I dont wave, it might be considered rude. If I do wave, who knows what it might be considered. Any ideas?

Don't worry, what you did was fine.  You could have also said a polite "good morning" (or "good afternoon").
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by gyefan16.

Re: Hashem...help me. 28 Aug 2009 16:59 #14669

• rashkebehag
or just nod politely and smile back
Last Edit: by chizuklife613.

Re: Hashem...help me. 29 Aug 2009 18:41 #14704

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
a kollel wife- whose husband I know well- saw me and smiled....I felt awkward so I waved back. Whats the right thing to do in this situation?

Are you authorized to carry a weapon?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by eyes.

Re: Hashem...help me. 03 Sep 2009 16:26 #15639

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 29 Aug 2009 18:41:

a kollel wife- whose husband I know well- saw me and smiled....I felt awkward so I waved back. Whats the right thing to do in this situation?

LOL  ;D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by giggs.

Re: Hashem...help me. 03 Sep 2009 16:29 #15643

• bardichev

KEEP ON TRUCKING

DANCING

LOOKING AT YOUR PHONE TOES WHATEVER

DO NOTHING

Last Edit: by מכאן ואילך.

Re: Hashem...help me. 03 Sep 2009 20:43 #15729

• Dov
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 29 Aug 2009 18:41:

Hilarious, the whole thing. When really I can't figure out if I was right or wrong, see I'm getting tyed in a knot, or if thinking about it isn't healthy for me, I just assume it's not meant for me to understand at all and I guess that Hashem wants me to just move on (keep on trucking). Who knows what was going on there? None of our business, for sure. You can still daven a half a minute for the kolel wife and for her husband and for yourself. Then put in a good word for me... Maybe for me first.  ;D
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by smoresq1.

Re: Hashem...help me. 03 Sep 2009 21:26 #15740

• bardichev
DISAGREE REBBEREBER=DOV (WHATS THE DOIV THING)

DONT EVEN DAVEN FOR HER

THAT IS PART OF THE

YH PLAN

TO KEEP HER "ALIVE"

KEEP ON TRUCKIN MOVE ON BEAT IT!!!
Last Edit: by BeeTrade.

Re: Hashem...help me. 03 Sep 2009 21:54 #15747

• Dov
  • Administrator
bardichev wrote on 03 Sep 2009 21:26:

DISAGREE REBBEREBER=DOV (WHATS THE DOIV THING)
DONT EVEN DAVEN FOR HER
THAT IS PART OF THE
YH PLAN
TO KEEP HER "ALIVE"
KEEP ON TRUCKIN MOVE ON BEAT IT!!!

I agree with you 99 & 44/100th% purely. It might be the totally wrong thing to do. But everyone's different. I believe in very few "rules" and directives. If whatever I'm already doing  isn't working (and I had >15 years of that chazerai), I try something else. If that works, I keep it in my pocket for the next time and share it with others. I only daven for the person if it's a strong temptation to take an intentional look, or if they come back into my mind. For me, it works every time, especially when it really hurts inside. It usually takes one or two doses of prayer and their image completely loses it's power over me. I need to be free.
- Deiv (having a munkatcher moment)
PS. Where's my OY SHABBOS thingie? Nu, chaver. My bDS is advancing, chulilu.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by MessiWarrior.

Re: Hashem...help me. 09 Sep 2009 20:55 #17019

Yup, its official,
people are different, and different things work for different people.

although in case anyone has not noticed, R' B. and R' Doiv seem to be slowly rubbing off on each other. Give it another few years and we should have identical twins.

;D
                                                                                                    8)

:o

k
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)
Last Edit: 09 Sep 2009 20:57 by Guardingeyez.

Re: Hashem...help me. 14 Sep 2009 04:20 #17667

• bardichev
GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG=REBBEREBBER=DOV
Last Edit: by Libergrace.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes