Welcome, Guest

hello everybody!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: hello everybody! 106702 Views

Re: hello everybody! 29 Jun 2012 16:21 #140595

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yay, a Fishel post!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: hello everybody! 29 Jun 2012 16:26 #140596

I don't chapp. Is this then a machlokes between the Baal Shem Tov and the Rebbe Reb Elimelech?

I think there is a little sefer called Sefer Hachasidus (from Aleksander), which outlines the yesodos of chassidus. And I think it says clearly to stay away from rehashing old shmutz. --- I know, I know - he's not talking to addicts...

Anyhow, just reminded myself a vort on this week's Parsha. Rashi brings that Para Aduma is a chok - אין לך רשות להרהר אחריה - you shouldn't think 'after' it. Why not, because Para Aduma comes to correct the Chet Ha'egel ("the mother should come and wipe away her child's shmutz"). So we are commanded not to go back and think about the shmutz.

Upshlugs (and "like"s) are very welcome.

MT

Re: hello everybody! 29 Jun 2012 16:33 #140598

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
would seem to me that everyone would be maskim that to needlessly dig up old 'stuff' serves no purpose.

To bring it up in order to deal with it and hopefully put it to rest would be a yerida letzorech aliya. There is a mitzva of vidui, where we are supposed to spell out what we did (i am not saying that vidui is the same as a step 1 inventory).

far be it from me to tell you or anyone else what to do, i am jus' sayin'...

MT, i really like your divrei torah and i hope you have a monsterly good shabbos, with kishka, woodford and p'tcha
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hello everybody! 10 Jul 2012 14:00 #141205

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Here's another post from TZ:

The RebbeReb Ber AKA Dov [author of numerous megillos (sometimes [mistakenly] spelled: megilla's)] has been known to say, that; as long as you want it, you're still nowhere near sober. You must come to the realization that it's bad for you and that you want nothing at all to do with it, 'cuz as long as you still think sex is good for you, you're sick, no matter how much "dveikus" you feel, it's all a big load of sh!t [alright, alright "kichsa"].

Of course "dvarav ein tzrichin chizuk, v'chi yehuda v'ode likra?..." [His words do not need strengthening and Judah is not an ode to verse] but still I would like to bring your attention to a piece in Ohr Hachayim [HaKadosh] this week [Parshas Pinchas], I'll kinda paraphrase it in English [leaving out all the technical parts, and I say "kinda" because it's hard to actually translate the whole piece, 'specially if you're trying to keep it light, and you're not striving to create another megilla] and then paste the original Hebrew text for whoever's interested, here goes:

"Tzaror et haMidyanim, v'hikitem otam." Hate the Midianites, and strike 'em!

Rabbi Chaim Ben-Atar [Author of abovementioned book and many others] asks; we find another verse later on stating "Avenge the revenge of the Children-of-Israel [=Israelites, for those Guard-Your-Eyesites that didn't get it] on the Midianites". So why this verse telling us to hate and strike them?

He explains, this commandment is not a revenge on the Midianites [who offered the Israelites their daughters for sin], but rather it is a form of repentance for the Israelites, for it is impossible to truly repent as long as one still has the slightest connection to sin! Therefore, the torah commands us to HATE those damn Midianites, go out there and slay them, rip 'em apart, destroy everything they own! Act as if you hate them, so that you begin to really feel that you hate them! With every fiber of your being! Because that's the only way to rid yourself of their "love", through hate.

Dude, Hate Evil.

P.S. What was that Matisyahu once said? "Rip through negativity"

אור החיים במדבר פרק כה פסוק יז

(צרור את המדינים וגו'. צריך לדעת למה כפל צרור והכיתם, ורז"ל הרגישו ואמרו (במד"ר פכ"א) כי נתכוון בזה לומר שהגם שצוה ה' (דברים כ') כי תקרב אל עיר וגו' לא תשחית את עצה וגו' זו אומה קלה ובזויה להשחית את עצה וגו' עד כאן, וצריך לדעת מה נקמה היא זו למדין ואדרבה היה להם לקיים, (שם) ואכלת את שלל אויביך שזה הוא להם יותר נקמה ודאבון נפש, וכיוצא בזה מצינו בקללות התורה (ויקרא כו) ואכלוהו אויביכם:

עוד צריך לדעת אומרו כי צוררים למה הוצרך לנתינת טעם, ולפי דברי רז"ל שאמרו שבא לומר ישחיתו עצה וכו' יש לנו מקום לומר שבא לתת טעם לביטול מצות לא תשחית וגו' במקום הזה כי צוררים, ובתנחומא אמרו וזה לשונם צרור וגו' למה כי צוררים וגו' מכאן אמרו הבא להורגך וכו', ולדברי תנחומא בא הכתוב להודיעך משפט הבא וכו' וזה דרך דרש:

ונראה לפרש בהעיר למה צוה ה' מצוה זו שלא בזמנה, כי מצינו שאחר כך הוצרך ה' לצוות לומר (ל"א ב') נקום נקמת בני ישראל מאת המדינים הא למדת כי מאמר זה לא היה בזמן הנקמה:

אכן נתכוון ה' במאמר זה לתקנתם של ישראל, לפי שכל אשר יטעום טעם חטא הטבעי השולט באדם שלא לרצונו לו יהיה שלא טעמו אלא בבחינת החושב קשה הוא להפרידו, וכמו שהארכתי בפרט זה בפרשת אחרי מות (ויקרא יח) בפסוק כמעשה ארץ מצרים וגו', וכל עוד שלא נפרד, מהחוטא תאות הדבר ותשוקתו אליו הוא מושלל מהכפרה, וכמו שפירשתי בפרשת בראשית במה שאמר הכתוב (שם ד') ואליך תשוקתו ואתה תמשל בו, ומה שלפנינו עם בני ישראל טעמו עריבת הזנות מהם במעשה מהם במחשבה, גם נדבקו בפעור דכתיב (כ"ה ג') ויצמד ישראל לבעל פעור ואמרו רז"ל (במד"ר פ"כ) שנעשו כצמיד וכו' עד כאן, וחפץ ה' לרפאותם בעצת ה' הנכונה כדי לסלק מעליהם המגפה, שהלא תמצא שהיתה המגפה בישראל עד אשר ספו תמו כל הנצמדים לבעל פעור דכתיב (דברים ד) כי כל האיש אשר הלך אחרי בעל פעור השמידו ה' אלהיך מקרבך, ובהכרח אתה לומר כי לא על הכ"ד אלף שאמר הכתוב (סו"פ בלק) ויהיו המתים וגו' ארבעה וגו' הוא אומר שאלו היו משבט שמעון ומתו על שרצו לשלוח יד בפנחס כמאמרם ז"ל (במד"ר פ"כ) והכתוב אומר אשר הלך אחרי בעל פעור השמידו וגו' הא למדת שהשמיד גם כל הזונים לבד הכ"ד אלף, גם ממה שאמר הכתוב כאן המוכה ביום המגפה על דבר פעור זה יגיד שמתו מישראל לבד אותם שמתו בשביל פנחס שרצו לשלוח בו יד:

והגם שנשכיל בעיקר הסיבה אשר סבבה מעשה פנחס, לא היה אלא זנות זמרי כי לא הרג פנחס לזמרי על עבודה זרה, אלא ודאי שהמגפה היתה שולטת בזונים, והגם שאמר הכתוב ויכפר על בני ישראל, פירוש שלא כילה כל העם מהם בשביל מחשבת עבודה זרה מהם בשביל הערבות ולעולם ה' לא ויתר על הזונים ויעץ ה' ואמר צרור את וגו', הכוונה בזה להקדים לשנוא המחטיאים גם להתעיב הערב והטוב הבא מהם לאבד כל עץ נחמד וכל מעיין מתוק וכל טוב הבא מהם על אשר גרמו להם עשות רע, והוא על דרך אומרו (תהלים קל"ט) הלא משנאיך ה' אשנא פירוש משנאיך כאלו אמר משניאיך שגורמים לשנאת בחור בטוב כדרך שדרשו ז"ל (שבת קיד ב) בפסוק כל משנאי אהבו מות אל תקרא וכו', ובאמצעות מחשבה זו תהיה מתרחקת תאות העבירה מהם ותהיה להם לזרה כי על העבר שונאים הסובב ויולד בהם טבע אלהיי, ומדה זו מדה סגוליית היא לחפץ בחיים, ובזה יתכפר עון הקודם במחשבת עבודה זרה גם בארס תאות הניאוף ולא יהיה בהם נגף:

והוא מאמר הכתוב כאן צרור את המדינים פירוש יהיו לכם בגדר צר ואויב לשנאתם ולשנא כל הערב מהם להשחית עצם ולקלקל מעינותיהם זה תמורת מה שהתאוו להם, וזו היא אחד מתקוני התשובה, ואמר צרור לשון הווה פירוש יגבירו בהם השנאה עד גדר שיהיה נקבע בהם טבע הצרירות, ואמר והכיתם אותם פירוש תחכו ליום נקם שתכו אותם, ולזה לא אמר והכו אותם כי אין זמנו עתה, ואמר כי צוררים וגו' הכוונה בזה לומר תנאי הוא הדבר שהשנאה ואויבות שתהיה לכם לא על שסבבו נפילה מישראל שאם כן נאבדה הכוונה של תיקון החטא אלא כי צוררים הם וגו' על דבר פעור אשר החטיאו אתכם בעבודה זרה ועל דבר כזבי וגו' שגרמו לכם להכשל בזנות, וטעם שתלה פרט זה בכזבי לבד לפי שהיא בת מלך והזכיר הגדולה, גם לפי שזנותה היה בפרסום, ואפשר שעל פיה היו כל המופקרות:

~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hello everybody! 03 Aug 2012 09:22 #142872

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
My Ruminations on The Fifteenth of Av

I say the girls no longer dance
The vineyards are bare
It's so hard to advance
The pain too much to bear

Yeah. I'll build up from the ground
I'll work until I sweat
Until that silent sound
Is roarin' like a jet

We're alone! All alone…
Just wanna be home, Just wanna be home.

To borrow garments* of white
Is what I seek
Do not judge by sight
Because the strong they seem weak

I will not be defeated
By a hand unseen
Yes even I feel needed
Oh, to restore that sheen!

We're alone! All alone…
Just wanna be home, Just wanna be home.

The queen in her city reigns
Shabbos nachamu descends
Excitement pulsing my veins
Holiness transcends

The lights they shine
The old sit in the streets
The gladness divine
The sheep the fox she meets

We're together, together forever
Yerushalayim, I am home
We're together, together forever
Yerushalayim, I am home

Re: hello everybody! 03 Aug 2012 13:43 #142879

Thanks for the beautiful hartzigeh words, TZ!
(You see, even the tone-deaf and poem-deaf folks are stirred by your words.)

Gut Shabbos Nachamu

MT

Re: hello everybody! 03 Aug 2012 14:09 #142885

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
TZ that's just AWESOME!

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
- General Grant

Re: hello everybody! 06 Aug 2012 11:53 #143004

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
dov wrote on 02 Jul 2012 16:29:

I would like to give that a try:

A pokichsaer yid!

--Elyah

And guess by which Rebbe the pokichsaer yid hangs around - the Ropkichsazer Rebbe, of course (TZ made me aware of that heilige Rebbe).

MT
For some reason I find this extremely funny.

Thanks, I really needed that!

OOOOH! a compliment from DOV!

[Gevurah, where's my Mazel Tov for my "Thousandth post"? see [url=http://www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=4125.msg137786#msg137786]here[/url] and here.]
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: hello everybody! 06 Aug 2012 11:55 #143005

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה

Re: hello everybody! 06 Aug 2012 14:00 #143016

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
You're posting so fast I can't keep up!

Anyways....

MAZEL TOV!!!!!!

- General Grant

Re: hello everybody! 06 Aug 2012 19:52 #143040

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Some news.

Yesterday I visited... you'll never guess... THE TEHILLIM MUSEUM! was very nice.

I met my friend at the Kosel tonight, I thought I was going to be able to come and say that I didn't see his wife. I did, but hey, I didn't look at her, that counts.

So that covers yesterday and today [I'm tired].

Re: hello everybody! 09 Aug 2012 10:01 #143226

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
TehillimZugger wrote on 22 Mar 2012 20:05:

There is absolutely no mitzvah to listen to braided tchalmy girls jabbering in yiddish

TehillimZugger wrote on 09 Aug 2012 09:49:

She may be a Mitzva. But she's not MY Mitzva.

Re: hello everybody! 09 Aug 2012 14:23 #143251

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Ode to PsalmSayer

Nay, not the might of Grype's
nor the flash of vorpal hype

Kind, good and a warm smile
happily going the extra mile

mining the treasure
without measure

in the splendid palace
of mythical Alice

sipping the poems
of the matiskohen

a great fella
let me tel'ya

tehillimZugger
is sweet as sugar
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: hello everybody! 09 Aug 2012 15:24 #143264

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Zemmy!
TOGBRP wrote on 05 Mar 2012 19:08:

THIS IS AS HEARTWARMING AS A GLEZEL OF WOODFORD

Re: hello everybody! 10 Aug 2012 13:39 #143398

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
So they say we need to work on our humility, to see it in the context of this week's Parsha, see Sma"g (Negative commandment 64) Here. Also about this particular Sma"g, see what he writes in the hakdama Here.

Good Nice Clean Shabbos Everyone
TZ
Time to create page: 0.84 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes