Welcome, Guest

hello everybody!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: hello everybody! 106700 Views

Re: hello everybody! 03 Jun 2012 12:03 #138723

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: hello everybody! 05 Jun 2012 11:05 #138864

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Official Post:
The good news we discussed last time is that I'm getting rid of the internet, not for everybody, just for myself. I will still pop in from time to time [like when I'm in the library] but I'll basically be gone, thank you Citifield, but more importantly thank you Shavuos Hisoreres and Shabbos in Meron [also a shtickel a thank you to Orange for sending me bills each month]. The reason that
TehillimZuggerIsLeaving wrote on 03 Jun 2012 11:16:

It is unrelated to recovery, although it is related in a way.

As Dov wrote in Friday's Daily Dose:

Deterrents are good, but there comes a point where you need to ask yourself, "am I in control of myself when it comes to lust, or not?" (I'm not, even though I'm sober)

For a real addict, there's only so long that 'other people watching' or the spectre of chilul Hashem can be really expected to stop him.

Are you actually planning on 'beating' this problem mainly through ceaseless vigilance?

And finally: Does your heart tell you that the only real problem you have is environmental: i.e. the internet, pretty women, this stupid culture we live in, etc.?

After trying to "beat" it for many years, my heart finally told me that even though my environment was certainly a challenge, it was I that had a problem of some sort. It just didn't seem normal to have one's mind taken up by struggle with lust so often and so much of the time. If I "fixed" it here, it came out over there - if I stopped turning to lust when I was depressed, I found myself turning to it when I was happy! Also, just getting out of the habit didn't stop me from being preoccupied with it, and eventually succumbing later on. I was always counting the days I resisted it - as if reaching a mark of a month, year, or whatever, would mean something, much like a bar mitzvah of sorts... "Phew, I made it!"

Obviously, many people don't have this history and find success (however they define it) where I did not. I truly wish that success for you. But you have posted your frustration a number of times already, so I am sharing with you that for me, this is not the way.

For me, the Problem is as much a part of me my liver is, or as 'Fear' is - and it plays for keeps. All the external controls will not save my behind. The problem of my mental/emotional programming to use lust and human sexuality for purposes that it is not intended, will not go away just because I don't act on it. Hashem clearly didn't give sexuality to us to run to for courage or comfort when we feel scared, lonely, or too emotional. Its tremendous power was not meant just for creating that 'trance' many of us experience while searching for schmutz in order to forget our stresses. All the stresses of life have their own real and healthy solutions... none of them require lust to work. Sexuality, and the relationship that it is meant to be part of, is clearly meant to raise a relationship to a deeper level. More connection and fewer separations - not more secrecy and lying!! That is always what lust led to for me, before marriage and in marriage. I always had it totally backwards! I perverted what Hashem gave me to use and enjoy, into a drug.

You can't really enjoy something that you require. Freedom is the gateway to pleasure. Addiction eventually ruins our enjoyment of whatever we are addicted to, actually. Then it slowly ruins everything else, too.

'Charus al haLuchos'... When I think of Cheirus (Freedom), I hope to be thinking about it as the gateway to pleasure, bechirah, relationships, self-fulfillment, sobriety, avodah - Everything!

And in my own case, the one time I feel I have the least power of bechirah (freedom) of all, is when I am acting out on Lust, r"l. Thank-G-d I am sober today!

Good Bye :'( :-*

Re: hello everybody! 05 Jun 2012 13:29 #138873

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm so happy for you!!

But we're gonna miss you tonnnzzzzzz!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Stay strong and please keep in touch!

GUITAR
+KOMT
RAT!!!
(See, I know math!)

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: hello everybody! 05 Jun 2012 14:41 #138880

Mazal Tov TZ and good luck! You're an inspiration to all of us.

I guess you'll now have more time to zug Tehillim.

May Hashem (who ultimately decides your fate) reward you with much Kedusha.

והתקדשתם והייתם קדושים
אדם מקדש עצמו מעט מקדשין אותו הרבה

MT

Re: hello everybody! 05 Jun 2012 19:32 #138904

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
To all those who asked what "The gryphon ate possums" means; What part of THE GRYPHON ATE POSSUMS don't you understand??
also it uses up all 300 characters that I'm allowed, also, it means something similar to נצחו אראלים את המצוקים:

Re: hello everybody! 06 Jun 2012 12:39 #138941

• MAALIN BAKODESH
TZ
Omg.
I relate to what u wrote 100%. Too much bandwith used for thinking about lust. I havent masturbated in a couple of yrs but lust still controls so much of my brain.maybe its too much time spent reading on the forum!
Wishing you hatzlacha
Maalin

Re: hello everybody! 06 Jun 2012 12:45 #138942

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
MAALIN wrote on 06 Jun 2012 12:39:

TZ
Omg.
I relate to what u wrote 100%.
Wishing you hatzlacha
Maalin

It wasn't me, it was a quote from Dov.
MAALIN wrote on 06 Jun 2012 12:39:

TZ
Omg.
Lust still controls so much of my brain.maybe its too much time spent reading on the forum!

I also thought of that.

Re: hello everybody! 06 Jun 2012 14:28 #138957

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm jealous!
I sit at a computer most of the day. It's a corporate computer with mandatory internet access. I generally don't get on once I'm home, though (except to do taxes). Someday I'd like to be internet free.
Hatzlocha!
alex

Re: hello everybody! 06 Jun 2012 17:02 #138984

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING QUOTE
UNHUMBLE wrote on 17 May 2009 15:57:

wowee we have a lamdan on board

the ramban tells us the basics of yiddishkite is NOT to be a NAVAL BERESHUS HATORA.
I am also a chasid and I learned some torah too but I don’t have the correct TEITSH of the word NAVAL I think it can be loosely translated as a PIG in the permission of the Torah.

You can go down this road and get all cute with your diorayssos and dirabanans ultimately you will be a NAVAL.It may work in lomdus bet your heart and mind will be GOYISH

Dear yid
You can choose any path you want in life it is yours to make or break .In the end you have one court to answer to. That is you being honest with yourself.
When you are listening to tekias shofar wrapped in your tallis holding your leather bound machzor swaying back and forth and the image of the gentile unmarried n****d women pops into your mind will you be so brazen and say oh cute no di'oraysa there.or when the whole shul is dancing with fervor in simchas tiorah and you cant keep your eyes off the ezras noshim imagining who knows what. what will you tell YOURSELF then???

CHERPAS NAVAL AL TISIMEINI!!!

there is a long Rambam regarding this so is there a rabbeinu yonah I don’t have either in front of me know so I cant quote them.

See the or hachayim in the parshas arayis in achrei mos

Listen up end of the day you will have to look yourself in the mirror and honestly tell yourself I'm good I was only oiver drabbananan.

Besides there is a gemara in avodah zra 27 poretz geder yishchenu nachash

usually humble and usually happy
bardichev

Re: hello everybody! 07 Jun 2012 15:01 #139029

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Hi TZ,
congrats on the internet riddance!
i hope you can post by telepathy
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hello everybody! 12 Jun 2012 13:03 #139284

• geshertzarmeod
  • Current streak: 2245 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Like a bridge over troubled water.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( breath
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
ישראל אע"פ שחטא ישראל הוא
If you're connected above, you won't fall down below - Reb Shlomo
ולבי חלל בקרבי
לולא האמנתי לראות בטוב ה' בארץ חיים

Re: hello everybody! 25 Jun 2012 14:16 #140093

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Posted at the request of TZ:

As the official GYE TehillimZugger, it is my custom (well, sometimes anyway) to recite chapters of Tehillim by heart as I walk in the street [see Orach Chaim §49]. Anyway, this Shabbos as I was reciting chapter 121, I noticed something I wanted to share with you fellows; here goes.

"Ezri mei'im Hashem." Note, it's not 'Ezri mei'eis Hashem', or even 'Ezri meiHashem' but "mei'im", a portmanteau [a subtle reference to my favorite (non-hebrew) book] of "from with", hence the translation of the verse would be, "My help is from with-Hashem." Or, "I am helped by living with Hashem, not because he sends salvation, just being 'with him' is enough to bring me to the realization of the pettiness of my problems, because everything in this world is petty."

It's raining in your mind,

Push them clouds away.

-Matisyahu
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hello everybody! 26 Jun 2012 05:11 #140243

• geshertzarmeod
  • Current streak: 2245 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Like a bridge over troubled water.
Very nice !
Please tell TZ that we miss him.
well I speak for myself
but I guess its the royal "we"
unless someone else wants to pipe in and save me.
ישראל אע"פ שחטא ישראל הוא
If you're connected above, you won't fall down below - Reb Shlomo
ולבי חלל בקרבי
לולא האמנתי לראות בטוב ה' בארץ חיים

Re: hello everybody! 26 Jun 2012 18:38 #140319

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
count me in the 'missing TZ club'
he's not really missing, he's just not on the forum. i spoke to him a few minutes ago
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: hello everybody! 29 Jun 2012 16:06 #140588

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Here's another dose from the TeeZee:

Parshas Chukas, the Parah Aduma; m'taher temei'im m'tamei tehorim- the ultimate paradox. What's pshat?

So I was talking to one of my GYE chaverim and he told me he doesn't believe in rehashing the past, the Baal Shem Tov said that man is where his Machshava [mind] is, and so why bring up all the schmutz he was involved with, let bygones be bygones.

So I said, first of all don't come with "Chassidus", the Rebbe Reb Elimelech writes in Tzettel Kotton [quoted in the Guard Your Eyes Handbook tool #9] that a chossid should reveal all of his machshovos zaros [thoughts of vanity] to a chaver in avodas hashem.

Now if you want to understand why indeed it doesn't ruin you, here comes a mashal:

The entire kingdom adored King Fishel, and so it hardly came as a surprise that every day, visiting dignitaries lined up outside the palace to see the king* and bring him gifts. One day the ambassador from nearby P0^n-City came to present King Fishel with a gift. He strode into the throne room and with his ever present satanical grin proudly announced that he brought a gift for his majesty, he proceeded to open the sack he was holding and with a flourish unloaded its contents before the throne. And it was right there at the foot of the throne that a rather unseemly puddle formed from the contents of his sack, three hundred and fifty nine RAW EGGS!

And that was when King Fishel [finally] decided to go to war with P0^n-City…

The next day [after passing through heightened security] the ambassador of neighboring Gye visited the same [freshly cleaned] throne room.

"Your Majesty", said he. "On behalf of all Gye Citizens, we present you with, Obor Mottel! He is an extremely talented chef, who has learned how to [healthily] prepare three hundred and fifty nine different types of omelettes! We hereby present him to his majesty, but since we couldn't tie him up and put him in the sack, here is the sack, in it you will find three hundred and fifty nine RAW EGGS!"

Will King Fishel declare war on Gye? I don't think so. What's the difference? I'll let you figure it out yourself.

One pair of eyes, but see two different things.

One person cries, while the other one sings!

-Matisyahu

*By the way, a cat may look at a king, Alice (in chapter 8) read that in some book but can't remember where.
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes