Welcome, Guest

hello everybody!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: hello everybody! 106685 Views

Re: hello everybody! 03 May 2012 18:02 #136713

Hello TZ,

They call me a newbie, but it's all how you look at it. In some respect I'm newer than you, in some I'm older, and in some I'm exactly equal to you. I'm newer than you on GYE, I'm older than you in this struggle (40+ yrs), and I'm exactly equal to you in the current streak (13 days). So all things considered, I can hopefully relate to you.

You say "that it's not "clean days" that counts, it's the effort"

I would like to taineh that naniach what you say is true, but perhaps we need to up the effort when we see that we are not getting off the roller coaster. Since you are the TehillimZugger, allow me to share a chassidishe maiseh (hope I got the characters right) about a possuk in Tehillim:

The Baal Hatanya zy"a went to visit Reb Boruch of Mezhibush zy"a. Reb Boruch lived up in an attic. When the Baal Hatanya approached the steep flight of many stairs, he exclaimed with emotion: "Mi ya'aleh behar Hashem!" And Reb Boruch shot back from upstairs: "Umi yokum bimkom kodsho!" i.e. yes, constantly reaching up for levels of kedusha is a great thing to do, but one must also strive to remain in a state of kedusha.

Thank you for letting me work on my recovery on your site.

Let's go for it - be'ezrat Hashem na'aseh venatzliach!

MT

Re: hello everybody! 03 May 2012 18:15 #136714

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Machshovo wrote on 03 May 2012 18:02:

Thank you for letting me work on my recovery on your site.

Oh Wow! That's quite an honor, I wasn't aware that this is MY site [although some people say it seems so; see [color=blue]here[/color] and here and here (okay- so I didn't linkidize* it this time- so what?)]

And now regarding what you say about my usage of the term "effort"- I didn't mean that it's the effort that counts- although it certainly does- I merely meant that it's not the "number of days" that count [although in most cases somebody who has been sober for a long period is sober inside too] but the actual deeds in direction of becoming a better person.

Re: hello everybody! 03 May 2012 19:05 #136715

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, I'm on day 13 too!

!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: hello everybody! 09 May 2012 18:26 #137007

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi TZ, what's doing on your site?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hello everybody! 11 May 2012 07:13 #137075

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 09 May 2012 18:26:

hi TZ, what's doing on your site?

Bad News on my site. I got back on the roller-coaster, fell a few minutes before doing the arvit on the eve of lag bomber [which is a huge yomtov here, seriously the festivity on the streets can be compared only to purim] and didn't have the courage to admit it until now.............................................................................................
I sat next to a great sephardi guy on the bus back from meron yesterday [if you're on this site please introduce yourself] he told me that one of his friends went to india, as is the style of many young israelis, and a whole group of israelis went to some famous guru, in order to reach him they had to walk up like 300 steps, when they finally got in to see him. He got up and started yelling to take them out!!! this guy though was a stubborn israeli- am kshe oref, and although all his friends left he decided to stay and find out why the guru chased them away, after an eternity the guru agreed to see just him and explained, you guys are jews, right? i was in the midst of a deep meditation and when all of you walked in it totally messed up my spiritual process, you guys have no idea how much inherent spiritual powers you have

Shaychus? who cares?
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: hello everybody! 11 May 2012 07:50 #137080

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Another thing the "great sephardi guy" told me was, "you're 20, single, and alone in israel, don't you miss your family?" "Listen you can make whatever faces you want, I've been in your place, and it's hell"
Told you he was a great guy.

Re: hello everybody! 11 May 2012 10:04 #137089

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
TehillimZugger wrote on 11 May 2012 10:03:

Hey Keep Fighting.
You know why I'm still fighting after almost a year of being on this site [yep! that's it]? cuz I'm MUCH smarter than anyone around here, and while their advice might work for THEM, I don't need it.
Don't follow my example, stick around, listen to the good folks, give and get encouragement, love, friendship and acceptance. and of course

KEEP FIGHTING!

Re: hello everybody! 11 May 2012 11:17 #137095

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
I know I'm giving you guys an earful but here's another thing the "great sephardi guy" told me [it was a three hour bus ride]:
In order to truly experience ahavat yisrael you must come to Uman, you could be walking on the street, and you see a guy, and you feel you want to hug him, and you just go over and hug him, It's really amazing!

Re: hello everybody! 11 May 2012 17:35 #137118

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi TZ,
Keep on trucking!
(for various reasons..)
good shabbos

see here for another fellow who met his guardian angel on the bus. maybe its the same guy?
www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=3454.msg100877#msg100877
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hello everybody! 11 May 2012 21:26 #137134

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
TehillimZugger wrote on 11 May 2012 11:17:

.....and you see a guy, and you feel you want to hug him, and you just go over and hug him, It's really amazing!

For this you need to go all the way to Uman?? ???

I found it in the USA too!!! ;D

Oh ya! Those hugs are geshmak!!!!! It really is quite amazing!!!! <v'hameivin yavein!>

Re: hello everybody! 13 May 2012 10:17 #137158

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה

Re: hello everybody! 13 May 2012 17:00 #137183

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Yosef wrote on 11 May 2012 21:26:

.....and you see a guy, and you feel you want to hug him, and you just go over and hug him, It's really amazing!

For this you need to go all the way to Uman?? ???

I found it in the USA too!!! ;D

Oh ya! Those hugs are geshmak!!!!! It really is quite amazing!!!! <v'hameivin yavein!>

How come you didn't gimme a virtual hug???

Re: hello everybody! 16 May 2012 08:12 #137463

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Official Post:
:'( :-[
I lost the battle, but not the war. I'm still in the war, and still in training, I will yet win this war.
What am I doing?
A. Establishing a firm schedule for every day.
B. Restricting hours of internet usage, via k9.
C. Limiting internet usage to Monday, Wednesday and Friday [if you see me here any other day, punch me in the face, thanx.]

Re: hello everybody! 16 May 2012 13:36 #137483

• geshertzarmeod
  • Current streak: 2245 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Like a bridge over troubled water.
I still love you!
and i admire your resilience!
Hashem B'ezrechem!
ישראל אע"פ שחטא ישראל הוא
If you're connected above, you won't fall down below - Reb Shlomo
ולבי חלל בקרבי
לולא האמנתי לראות בטוב ה' בארץ חיים

Re: hello everybody! 16 May 2012 17:05 #137537

Dear TZ,

סומך ה' לכל הנופלים וזוקף לכל הכפופים

R' Tzodok Hacohen (in Pri Tzadik) says pshat that the nefilah itself has a purpose, yeridah letzorech aliyah, however Hashem supports the fallen so that they do not remain forever in the nefilah.

The Malbim says pshat that Hashem supports those who fell due to their natural inclination or bad mazal, that they should no longer fall. And He also changes their mazal to the good.

Hatzlacha

MT
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes