Welcome, Guest

Yossi's Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Yossi's Journey 9824 Views

Re: Yossi's Journey 09 Oct 2011 16:27 #121489

• Yossi.L.
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I am now 10 days clean on my continuous journey of cleanliness. I feel like these past 10 days went by so quickly. I feel like the yetzer hara allows me to have an easy time building up days of cleanliness so that he can strike me at a later point when I'm feeling all high and mighty. Well Mr. Yetzer Hara, I"M ON TO YOU! I'm going to keep my complete focus on you and when you come out of your secret hiding place i'm going to knock you out with a power packed 1,2 upper cut!RAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Yossi's Journey 09 Oct 2011 19:02 #121506

• mechazek
  • Gold Boarder
  • men darf alla mohl mechazek zein
Thanks bro very on the mark words.My question is how do I get rid of this self centerednes this vunurable feeling?

Re: Yossi's Journey 09 Oct 2011 23:42 #121531

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
"Get rid" of it, I have no freaking clue. NONE of my insecuruties/vulnerabilities have I completely rid myself of. But I do believe that all my insecurities/vulnerabilities are interconnected with my addiction. When I'm being productive, having clean thoughts, and focused on giving to family, I improve in all other areas as well. And vice-versa BIG TIME.

How beautiful it is to repeat back to your rebbe, what your rebbe has taught you.

Re: Yossi's Journey 10 Oct 2011 23:56 #121697

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm just checking in and reminding myself not to forget about my powerlessness. I am a very weak person when it comes to lusting and I need to stay focused and reach out whenever i need to. Just a reminder Yossi!

Re: Yossi's Journey 11 Oct 2011 00:00 #121698

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
I am 11 days clean...makes me think my "11" days of cleanliness came from 1+1etc....I should tell this to mr GYE and maybe hell make it part of the auto emailing service on the 11th day of cleanliness...."one day at a time" a wise women once said...."one day at a time" an abusive mother told her children.....Just one day at a time..

Re: Yossi's Journey 11 Oct 2011 22:53 #121843

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
I have to run it's very busy by me. I don't know if ill have a chance to check in tomorrow so good yom tov to everyone!

Re: Yossi's Journey 16 Oct 2011 20:17 #121984

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
I just installed web chaver!

Re: Yossi's Journey 16 Oct 2011 21:01 #121987

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
When I was deciding on who my 'chaver' would be(that's the person who receives all my websites info etc..) at first I was going to make my brother or a friend as my chaver. Then I realized that i was leaving myself room for error and thats unacceptable so I made my wife my chaver. NO EXCUSES now! You almost got me Mr. Yetzer Hara!

Re: Yossi's Journey 17 Oct 2011 23:58 #122068

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
I am going away for Yom Tov tomorrow morning and I don't think i will have any access to the internet. It's a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing because. well, I won't have internet! Bad thing because I won't have GYE.

Re: Yossi's Journey 24 Oct 2011 03:02 #122269

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow Yom Tov is finally over. Back to regular life. I love regular life. Mostly because I am an addict and i don't enjoy going into situations without the proper ammunition. When I am dong my daily regular schedule and I am being very consistent, then I am iin a better lace, with the proper ammunition to fight my battle. But when i head into the unknown it is quite scary, but also quite a relief to come out the other end unscathed. I had a very stressful second days, I can't elaborate, but I handled my stress very well.

Re: Yossi's Journey 24 Oct 2011 03:04 #122270

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is my 24th day clean. It feels like just yesterday that i broke my previous streak on erev rosh hashanah. Time really flies when your having a "good" time

Re: Yossi's Journey 24 Oct 2011 09:04 #122298

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
an excellent kick-off start for the winter

Re: Yossi's Journey 24 Oct 2011 23:41 #122441

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
A football reference is always of essence 8)

Re: Yossi's Journey 27 Oct 2011 02:15 #122960

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
I would really appreciate any response that anyone has to the following question:

I got a promotion offer in my company and I can't accept it for a number of reasons. I want to focus in on one reason which is relevant to this forum and discuss all opinions.

The people I would be in charge of in my new promoted position consists of some married and single JEWISH women who both dress and act inapropiately. Being that I am a sex addict and this obviously would put me in a very dangerous position of power, is there any doubt, that for this reason alone I shouldn't take the job regardless of the pay increase?

Re: Yossi's Journey 27 Oct 2011 12:06 #123007

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
this is a very tough and delicate question
you have to weigh the scale, and look on both sides
הפסד מצוה כנגד שכרה, ושכר עבירה כנגד הפסידה
1) is the wage increase worth to have such a termendous struggle? (if you got 1200 & now it will be 1400 is 200 worth it?)
2) is the challange something that you feel that its stronger then you can possibly overcome?
3) is it a real challange, or its just the way YOU see it? (are they realy trying to get you, or you think so, just because they dress attractively, which is usualy the case)?
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes