Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: jack-veiter 27568 Views

Re: jack-veiter 29 Jan 2013 01:51 #201499

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi MT! nice to see you posting and great to hear you're doing good.
same for our friend TZ, ירום הודו
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: jack-veiter 29 Jan 2013 02:23 #201501

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi MT welcome back!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: jack-veiter 29 Jan 2013 20:41 #201514

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear MT,
i was going through this thread and i noticed something that i misssed previously - you have been at it longer than me! i guess we are from the older group on GYE, most are eihter not married, in the 20's or 30's.some int he 40's.but the 50's??? not too many of us.well, glad i'm not alone! not that i ever FELT alone, you understand--

Re: jack-veiter 29 Jan 2013 23:07 #201517

• Dov
  • Administrator
EMMM TEEEE !!!!!

We've been so em-tee for so long here! Welcome back, chaverchik!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: jack-veiter 30 Jan 2013 00:47 #201527

Thank y'all for the warm welcome. B"H we (MT & TZ) made our second siyum today on the GYE handbook. Chazak Chazak Venitchazek! And as tradition goes, we hope be"H to start once again - as the Chinese proverb goes: "Fang'oon fin oon'fang"

Hate to sound mushy, but I luv y'all.

(Don't know why but I find it hard to get back into the swing of coming up with posting material. Maybe old age is setting in. But don't worry I'm still young at heart when it comes to nisyonos. "Vehakadosh Baruch Hu matzileinu miyadam.")

Yishtabach shemo!

MT
Last Edit: 30 Jan 2013 02:44 by Machshovo Tova.

Re: jack-veiter 01 Feb 2013 22:50 #201679

• Dov
  • Administrator
Gong-hee fatchoi!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: jack-veiter 01 Feb 2013 23:07 #201685

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Dov, was that what the revelation was when you had the balsamic-out-of-body-experience in Gilead?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: jack-veiter 01 Feb 2013 23:12 #201687

• Dov
  • Administrator
It involved quinoa. That is all I am at liberty to say at this time.

Re: jack-veiter 01 Feb 2013 23:37 #201693

Dov wrote:
Gong-hee fatchoi!!

Is that same as "Fatso, go home!!"?

Shabbat Shalom

MT

Re: jack-veiter 04 Mar 2013 21:38 #202986

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear everybody, do me a favor and dont even get near our 'alcohol' and think everything will be ok, ok? DONT TRUST YOURSELVES! (if you are a full blown addict, of course, like me)
Last Edit: 04 Mar 2013 21:39 by jack.

Re: jack-veiter 04 Mar 2013 22:10 #202992

• Dov
  • Administrator
No, I refuse to do it for you, Jack. Sorry. Lust is so [recious to me that I promise you I'd never ever have given it up at all for you, for my wife, for my kids, or for Hashem...certainly not for you, who (as I have never met you) are still just a username behind a computer somewhere.

I will give up lust for myself today, with G-d's help.

But thanks for the good advice!

Re: jack-veiter 14 Jun 2013 20:34 #209337

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear all, i haven't posted in a while because i had no chidushim.basically, we all know what we have to do - the only question is how to do it.however, i discovered something today, that we also know, but i think it's important enough to say it.rabbi twerski talks about it also.
HERE IS THE REAL SECRET: we have been talked down to ,villified, made to feel we're not worthy.if we can be made to feel that we are worth something, that we are entitled to live a happy life, then this will be a big step towards recovery.and it has to be the truth - not exaggerations.that's what the meetings are for - for acceptance.if we are made to feel accepted, to be shown our maalos, something which we may not be aware of, then this is a big step down the right road.
i wish everyone to have a realization of how much they're really worth.and EVERYONE, i mean EVERYONE, on this forum has tremendous maalos.we just have to realize it, and dont be afraid to realize it.
love to everyone, jack

Re: jack-veiter 14 Jun 2013 20:59 #209344

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
you know how they say at meetings: hi i'm david' and everyone goes 'hi david'.you know what that's all about? it's about acceptance.and those 2 words, hi david, are worth 20 visists to a therapist

Re: jack-veiter 14 Jun 2013 21:23 #209347

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Hi Jack,
it's great to hear from you
have a good shabbos
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: jack-veiter 14 Jun 2013 22:03 #209356

Now everybody will start "Hi Jack"ing your thread.

"Bye Jack" & hav'a nic'a Shabbos

MT
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes