Welcome, Guest

The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 20158 Views

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 29 May 2012 03:28 #138378

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 29 May 2012 15:24 #138404

• HockShmockGeshmock
I made it 3 days!! Baruch Hashem!!
3 days feels awesome! May this be the beginning of something special.

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 29 May 2012 18:55 #138445

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
HockShmockGeshmock wrote on 09 Oct 2011 06:55:

It's time to stop playing with GYE. Sure, some emails, posts, handbooks (once). I need to start taking this seriously. It's time for a sponsor, for joining - FULL TIME - a 12-step group, learning the 12 steps, and living them.
I'm sick and tired of acting out and pretending I'm involved with GYE.
But, I'm not getting depressed about it either. I'm not letting my Yetzer Harah win. I will win. Because Hashem will help me.
I wanted to start the 90 for 90 sponsorship program, but I just lost my 3 days. I'm still going to find a regular sponsor and IY"H join the 90 for 90 the next time I can.

nu?

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 30 May 2012 14:42 #138530

• HockShmockGeshmock
Awesome reminder Alex.
Unfortunately, I didn't make it past day 3
I did try a 12-step group back when I posted that but it didn't work out. An hour a day was too long while I was in school and Yeshiva. I bought the AA book but haven't read it. My partner and I stopped communicating.
Ah, this is so hard.

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 03 Jul 2012 20:59 #140837

• HockShmockGeshmock
With the help of the awesome filter Gabbaim, I have a filter (that I don't know the password to) on my computer (!) for the first time in... umm... I can't even remember how long it's been. IY"H may this be the start of something great!

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 03 Jul 2012 21:26 #140840

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Geshmock!!!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 05 Jul 2012 02:31 #140919

• E-Tek
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hey, welcome back. I'm one of the people who joined since you started.
Your story sounds like mine. I kept getting stuck at a week. Now I'm up to ten days for the first time in at least two months. Want to join me up here?

Hatzlacha in all your endeavors!
Meir

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 05 Jul 2012 02:38 #140920

• HockShmockGeshmock
Hey Meir!

Thanks for commenting - it's comforting to hear about others who are at a similar stage as I am. With the filter installed, yesterday was clean day #1, Baruch Hashem! 10 days is awesome - Be"h I'll be coming after you!

Keep flying high!

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 06 Jul 2012 17:15 #141010

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
H.S. Geshmock, Welcome back, welcome home. You are very humble to start again and again. There's a guy, Blind Beggar, that your determination reminds me of. Maybe check out his thread. anyway, one day at a time. Putting in the filter is such a major step in surrendering. I respect very much for doing that.

Hatzlacho

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 30 Jul 2012 19:50 #142651

• HockShmockGeshmock
1daat - sorry I never responded, thanks so much for the encouragement!

Well, I've learned an important lesson. A filter is not enough.

I know people have always said, the filter is just the first step but not the answer to the real problem, and now I can finally understand what they're talking about. I've had the filter for about a month now, and although it was great at first, I have unfortunately still found my way to some shmutz. I still have YouTube bc I don't want to block it for all the great videos it has, but I have not been able to control myself with it 100%. I've also found other ways to see pictures, although not videos, B"H.

So... what does this mean? It means that even the best filter isn't foolproof, and it means an accountability software will be even better - but again, not foolproof, because how can it know which video I'm watching on YouTube (the URLs don't contain the title of the video)? So the real answer is that there must be something deeper within me that I need to uproot to recover. To find this, I'm sure everyone will suggest a phone conference. I tried one a few months ago, but it is really hard to dedicate an hour every single day. I mean, I don't always have an entire hour free, and it's not always at the same time everyday, and sometimes it can't even be every day - maybe every other day. The point is, it's really hard - and impressive if you can do it - to be a part of a phone conference.

What's the next step then? Well, I have the Big Book, and it's time to crack that binding and try to go through it myself. I know the conferences are more than just commentary on the book - they're there to provide an environment and conversation among addicts - but for now, this will have to do.

Best to all ~

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 04 Nov 2012 04:31 #147165

• HockShmockGeshmock
I didn't even look how long it's been since the last post. I don't really care.

They always say putting in a filter is not enough, not a real solution. I've known how to get passed my filter (well enough) for a while now, and I now understand what they were always saying. I wouldn't even get upset anymore, I just let it become part of my day.

Today is day 3. I don't know how it happened, but without realizing it, I'm back to Chazaka. Maybe it was no power for a few hours, maybe it was travelling that threw me off, maybe it was just G-d.

As I inch closer to dating, I have been scared of what will be with this. I tell myself I must stop before I head down this road. I need Hashem badly right now. So badly.

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 05 Nov 2012 16:41 #147229

HockShmockGeshmock wrote on 04 Nov 2012 04:31:

... I need Hashem badly right now. So badly.

Guess what! He's here! Just turn to him and put yourself in His care. He'll surely help if you ask Him to.

מי כה' אלקינו בכל קראינו אליו, להטות לבבנו אליו

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 05 Nov 2012 20:19 #147272

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
What's the plan, Stan? 8)

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 06 Nov 2012 19:31 #147334

• HockShmockGeshmock
Thank you, MT.

Honestly, I have no idea. I have the book, been slowly reading it, so I could technically read more of it. The groups won't work schedule-wise. I never have the same hour free every day that I could call in. And filters clearly don't work. I guess I'm riding this w/ the mindset of I need to grow up (and Daven). I know I know it's an addiction and you need more than just that, but I got nothing else.

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 06 Nov 2012 20:01 #147339

Well the least you can do is to avoid triggering situations, i.e. 'guard your eyes' in all settings, and guard your mind as well.

Hatzlacha

MT
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes