Welcome, Guest

"Be holy"- search for the holy grail
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: "Be holy"- search for the holy grail 25086 Views

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 26 Jan 2009 19:07 #2414

• be holy
  • Fresh Boarder
i called them-hopefully they will get it worked out. i hope "kol hamizake harabim ain chet ba liyado"
today i was messing around. it got me down and i told hashem i really don't want to see this stuff. b"h even the sight of it makes me think about what life is and what women are. and how cheap, and empty it is that these people will sell their body and soul. may hashem guard us and show us with strong love and pull is towards him- i am davening, we all need it.
Last Edit: by tm101.

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 26 Jan 2009 23:18 #2446

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Idea: Make a shavuah for a week that if you "mess around" you'll have to go daven by kever of shimon hatzadik for an hour, within 24 hours of looking at these sites.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by guardbm.

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 27 Jan 2009 06:00 #2460

• be holy
  • Fresh Boarder
o.k.... that sounds slike a great idea.
Last Edit: by .

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 27 Jan 2009 23:05 #2523

• the.guard
Shvuos are a very powerful tool in this battle, if you make them safely and SMARTLY. "Nishbati Va'akayeima, lishmor Mishpatei Tzidkecha". See this page and this page for more ideas on how to make Shavuos properly.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 28 Jan 2009 05:00 #2543

• be holy
  • Fresh Boarder
good morning fellow warriors. battle log day 70!! be"h. today is like no other, yesterday is gone, who knows about tomorrow-we are here today that is why it is the present. a gift from hashem.
  we have all done wrong in our lives, yet we have no happiness. we live in fear and depression yet we can't get out. we live in shame, but we see no end. we yearn closeness ,but can not focus- to everyone reading this... hashem will help us. we can gather strength together and fight our battles and win the war. fighting is not enough, torah and emunah that hashem is with us on the battlefield will guide us through think and thin.
  what do we get from fighting this war? we get our lives back. we can feel shabbos again, torah has the opportunity to become sweet again. our davening is really to us. we don't live in shame. we can stand up with our friends and relatives and not feel like we are second class citizens always hiding something in the closet. we are not inferior to society as much as we think we are.  these are to name a few. life becomes alive again.
  today is the day to make an advance- we are half way through shovavim, the clock is ticking. today is one day closer to mossiach, and the this moment is the only thing we have. let us gather strength together and take one day at a time. not yesterday or tomorrow but with tears in my eyes i plead from my warriors- make that day be today! seize the moment we are on erev moshiach, we don't have time to waste. make to push today, for the sake of hashem and all that is dear to us- believe we can leave it behind and buikd a better future.
  may we are stand together outside of metzrayim. our souls and body intact. may we have clarity as to what the y"h really is and may HASHEM grant us all the s"d to get closer one day at a time.

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 28 Jan 2009 12:38 #2560

• battleworn
Amen!

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 28 Jan 2009 20:48 #2597

• the.guard
BeHoly! Like I wrote to Ano, we are all so inspired by you and him. Not many have made it so far on this forum (remember, it's not such an "old" forum - only a few months old). I am looking forward to making a big Le'chaim in my Shul with cake and Shcnaps on day 90 - for you and Ano!

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 29 Jan 2009 05:00 #2626

• be holy
  • Fresh Boarder
you all give me strength.  let's keep going-we need all the zichusim we can pack in right now. let us band together and kepp our eyes clean, just this one day! don't take that second look on the street and thank hashem after you don't look!!

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 03 Feb 2009 13:40 #2786

• be holy
  • Fresh Boarder
just pushing through... thank you everyone!!! my wife is not around for the next few days and my urge to surf b"h is managable to non-existent. i never thought i would ever feel this way. i know we can never let our guard down or think that we have won, but it feels good to feel somewhat more in control, i guess i'm becoming the real me
Last Edit: by blind212.

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 03 Feb 2009 21:18 #2802

• the.guard
Be Holy, if you saw the Chizuk e-mail from two days ago about the burning bush, it reminds me of you. All these years you felt like a bare thorn bush - but there was a G-dly spark inside you just waiting to burst into flame! And now the Malachim can't even look, it is so bright 
Last Edit: 03 Feb 2009 21:21 by Yohan.

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 08 Feb 2009 06:01 #2889

• be holy
  • Fresh Boarder
battle log day 81- never though i could get so far. wife out of town, not being able to be together. i thought i was doomed to fail. b"h- she is coming back tonight. i could never have gotten to this point with-out everyones chizzuk. i was thinking in bed last night that; a little while ago i thought i would die with this secret that i was addicted to women and all that stuff and came to terms with that.(as painful as it was) i thought i would always be living in a shell. i am here to say- you can do it!! don't let the y"h win. it is shovavim and extra help is here for us. let us all get our battle gear one last time. if i could get to 81 anyone can, believe me!! anym- how u been? battleworn- how are things? any everyone else , let us get through this together.

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 08 Feb 2009 09:54 #2891

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm still doing great. The thoughts attack me very hard at night at this point. What I have done is just resolved (at this point resolve seems to be enough because it has gotten so much easier) not to touch myself when these thoughts come, and they eventually just fade away and I fall asleep.

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 08 Feb 2009 21:55 #2902

• the.guard
Ano, you have no idea what pleasure you give Hashem each time you ignore the thoughts...

There was once a Jew named Moshkeh who owned an inn where he used to sell wine and spirits to the gentile peasants of the area. After a while, he became disgusted in dealing with the drunken gentiles and decided to go into another line of business and so he closed down the bar. That evening, there was a banging on the door. "Moshkeh, Moshkeh, open up! We want some wine and spirits!". "Sorry", Moshkeh replied, "from now on, the inn is closed". The gentiles had no choice but to leave disappointed. For days and even weeks afterwards, Moshkeh would keep getting knocks on the door, but as the word slowly spread that the Bar was closed, the knocking became less and less frequent until the gentiles stopped coming altogether.

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 09 Feb 2009 18:52 #2932

• battleworn
B'H I'm doing great, although I sorely wish I could be by R' Tvi Meir for these great Shabosim!

I'm so so so nispa'el from you and from what you've accomplished, there are poshut no words to describe it!
Sometimes I wonder, how could it be that Hashem -Who is "Sonei Zima"- is letting the world sink to such a low level and get so flooded with tumah "Kamayim layom michasim".
We all know that the situation described in the Gemoroh (Berochos 32a) about which Eliyahu Hanavi said "Ma ya'aseh haben shelo yecheta" is nothing, compared to growing up in this generation. So if Hashem is Sonei Zima, how can He allow this to happen???

BUT WHEN I SEE WHAT YOU AND ANO -AND THE OTHER CHEVRA- ARE DOING, THE QUESTION DISSAPEARS. IT'S CLEARLY OBVIOUS, THAT FOR SUCH A

HUMONGOUS BOMBASTIC KIDUSH HASHEM - FOR SUCH AN EXTERME, UNPRECEDENTED LEVEL OF SHECHINA BATACHTONIM OF-COURSE IT'S WORTH IT!

BECAUSE THAT'S THE MAIN PURPOSE OF CREATION AND OF-COURSE IT'S DOCHEH ALL OTHER CONSIDERATIONS!!!
Last Edit: by gripen100.

Re: "he holy"- search for the holy grail 09 Feb 2009 19:45 #2934

• Ykv_schwartz
to read your post is so inspiring.  It is so great to have great people's footsteps to follow. 
Last Edit: by faithfuleyes.
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes