Welcome, Guest

"Be holy"- search for the holy grail
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: "Be holy"- search for the holy grail 25151 Views

Re: "Be holy"- search for the holy grail 03 May 2009 20:50 #4692

• be holy
  • Fresh Boarder
just saying hi to everyone.

i have been speaking to r' zvi meir and he told me that "we need to realize that the y"h wants us to give up and not realize that hashem is the one testing us and that if we really put our effort towards beating this thing then hashem will wipe away all of our previous sins"

additionally "every time we fall if we get up and go longer without acting out that is huge in hashems eyes and that this is such a big nisoyin and undertaking- but remember how crutial it is and how much hashem wants to help us ,and is never chas v' shalom against us."
so what did i come out with after the conversation? he asked me for a personal request -stay clean for one week.

i really don't know what to write,because i feel drained- but i thought maybe the above could help some thers who are also getting back up again. hatzlacha and bracha!!
Last Edit: by Ineedhelp.

Re: "Be holy"- search for the holy grail 03 May 2009 22:08 #4694

• Ykv_schwartz
Thank you for sharing these inspirational words.  What happened with SA groups?
Last Edit: by domelot.

Re: "Be holy"- search for the holy grail 04 May 2009 05:52 #4699

• be holy
  • Fresh Boarder
i asked reb zvi meir if i should join a group and he is still under the impression that it is not needed at this point. additionally i seriously have no time and it is way across town. if there a way to get to a group just to talk about things it would be cool,but i live near ben yehuda and the closest was in french hill.
Last Edit: by shevayipol.

Re: "Be holy"- search for the holy grail 04 May 2009 12:03 #4700

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 763 days
Rav Tzvi Meyer may not be aware of the nature of addictions and the power of these groups. We can trust Rabbi Twerski on this. This is the surest way to go for someone in your exact situation.

SLA is in the French Hill.
I suggest you join an SA group, NOT SLA.
(And SA is not in French Hill).

Do yourself a BIG favor (the best you can possibly do) and call the SA hotline in the jerusalem area: 02-676-9583.
Leave a message and they will get back to you.

May Hashem be with you!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Pidaini.

Re: "Be holy"- search for the holy grail 04 May 2009 17:32 #4708

• be holy
  • Fresh Boarder
i left them a message guard- thank you
Last Edit: by tryitnow.

Re: "Be holy"- search for the holy grail 04 May 2009 18:56 #4709

• the.guard
A courageous knight in shining armor has just begun a valiant journey to slay the mighty dragon.... that lies in wait inside his heart.

We salute you for your courage and we await to hear of your brave adventures!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Gaurav.

Re: "Be holy"- search for the holy grail 10 May 2009 13:16 #4837

• the.guard
Be Holy, we want to hear from you. Did SA call you back?

Right click on the links below and select "Save Link/Target As" to download the handbooks to your computer.

1) The GuardYourEyes Handbook
This Handbook details 18 suggested tools and techniques, in progressive order, beginning with the most basic and fundamental approaches to dealing with this addiction, and continuing down through increasingly earnest and powerful methods. For the first time, we can gauge our level of addiction and find the appropriate tools for our particular situation. And no matter what level our addiction may have advanced to, we will be able to find the right tools to break free in this handbook!

2) The GuardYourEyes Attitude
The Attitude Handbook details 30 basic principles to help us maintain the proper attitude and perspective on this struggle. Here are some examples: Understanding what we are up against, what it is that Hashem wants from us, how we can use this struggle for tremendous growth, how we can deal with bad thoughts, discovering how to redirect the power of our souls, understanding that every little bit counts, learning how to bounce back up after a fall, and so on and so forth...
Last Edit: by Yakovplsgod.
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes