Welcome, Guest

baseball possum pie cracker jacks and...
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 6115 Views

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 17 Jan 2011 18:47 #93504

• bardichev
i dont know any charlies
Last Edit: by .

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 17 Jan 2011 18:52 #93506

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
let me rephrase the question for philosophy 101:
how do we know that we really exist and are not a figment of our own imagination?

or for the yeshivishe chevra
Bisloima ich, sloima, vuss ich ken nit zugen sloima, zug ich sloima, ubber doo sloima, vuss kenst yuh zuggen sloima, zug sloima...
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 17 Jan 2011 18:55 #93507

• bardichev
lets make a chakoooraa

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 17 Jan 2011 19:11 #93513

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 17 Jan 2011 18:52:

let me rephrase the question for philosophy 101:
how do we know that we really exist and are not a figment of our own imagination?

or for the yeshivishe chevra
Bisloima ich, sloima, vuss ich ken nit zugen sloima, zug ich sloima, ubber doo sloima, vuss kenst yuh zuggen sloima, zug sloima...

Zemmy, you mean:

Bisleima ich, sleima, vuss ich ken nit zugen sleima, zug ich sleima, ubber doo sleima, vuss kenst yuh zuggen sleima, zug sleima...
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 03 Mar 2011 21:53 #99486

• bardichev
News
Share this article:0 Comments
Email this articleFacebookDiggPrint this article
PrintprintPossum chooses cord as last meal, causing local porch fire
Credit: Noelle Gardner / KENS 5

Possum chooses cord as last meal, causing local porch fire

by KENS 5 Staff
kens5.com
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 8:17 AM

SAN ANTONIO -- A faulty light fixture caused a local porch fire Monday morning. No one was trapped inside the home or injured.

The battalion chief of the San Antonio Fire Department said a possum chewed electrical wire, causing minor damage at the home in the 1000 block of W. Huisache Avenue.

The possum did not survive -- his last meal was a cord.

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 03 Mar 2011 22:41 #99497

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
יהי זכרו ברוך
שנשמע ונתבשר בשורות טובות
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 04 Mar 2011 07:06 #99542

• bardichev
Was duke snider ob"m jewish?

If yes shud we learn some mishnayis?

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 05 Mar 2011 22:25 #99655

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
Poor possum,

Veist duch ois he didn't visit GYE, if he had he might have had a chance to stop those self-destructive patterns... such as viewing internet p*** or chewing electric wires,

...וכל בית ישראל יבכו את השריפה
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 06 Mar 2011 16:05 #99738

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
They say the one that started the great chicago fire was a possum too

BARDS, i once lit a little yartzeit candle for Bugsy siegel and the shapiro brothers, i decided to add one more for joan rivers, then s/one told me she was still alive.

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 06 Mar 2011 16:09 #99739

• bardichev
Light one for ***** ***** and her un born child

Nebbech
Last Edit: 06 Mar 2011 16:42 by .

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 06 Mar 2011 16:39 #99743

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
the beard was editted out due to the wise counsel of yosef hatzaddik. It might be too triggering to tooth fairy miss piggy spudbochistic monolithic addicts from argentenia with severe orange beard addictions (OBAA)

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 06 Mar 2011 16:58 #99749

• bardichev
thats him
Attachments:

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 06 Mar 2011 17:01 #99751

• bardichev
thts me
Attachments:

Re: baseball possum pie cracker jacks and... 14 Nov 2012 16:09 #147874

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
North Carolina judge nixes New Year's Eve possum drop

Published November 14, 2012

FoxNews.com

It will never be confused with "New Year's Rockin' Eve," but for one small North Carolina town, the annual possum drop is one fine way to start the new year.

The families living in Brasstown, N.C., take part in festivities beginning two hours before midnight. Local church choirs belt out hymns and there's a tribute to war veterans. Clay Logan, the man behind the festivities, summed up the event: "good, clean, family fun."

"We didn't think too much into it," he said. "We figured a lot of other animals were already being used, like the groundhog, for other events, and we wanted to start our own tradition."

The event was conceived 21 years ago, and what started out as a small family gathering grew into a town attraction that draws more than 2,000 spectators.

That streak, however, may come to an end after a recent court ruling. A judge ruled Tuesday that a state agency didn't have the authority to issue a permit for the event.

"Citizens are prohibited from capturing and using wild animals for pets or amusement," Judge Fred Morrison wrote in his ruling. "Hunters must afford wild animals the same right Patrick Henry yearned for: 'Give me liberty, or give me death!'"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals had sued the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission, which issues the permit for the event, saying it's illegal and cruel. The commission has 30 days to appeal Morrison's decision to Superior Court. A spokesman said the agency will decide whether to appeal after reviewing the 18-page ruling.

Logan, for his part, says the ruling is unfair. He said the possum is well fed and cared for by a veterinarian. During the event, it is placed in a plexiglass cage and lowered for 10 seconds. Shorty thereafter, the animal is turned loose into nearby woods, he said. A new possum is used each year, in part, because of their short life spans. A 3-year-old possum is considered old, he said.

Logan said the possum drop will continue in some form, although he won't break the law. This challenge by PETA marks at least the third time that someone has challenged the drop, he said.

Logan didn't meet the requirements for a captivity license or permit, so the commission circumvented its duty and invented a new permit called a "temporary possession and release permit," the judge said.

The judge wrote that although the commission claims to have issued such permits in the past, it produced no evidence to prove that it had. The temporary permit allowed Logan to keep the possum for several weeks and to exhibit the animal before it was released.

Logan's sportsman license only allowed him to take the animal, not possess and exhibit it, Morrison wrote. He was in possession of a wild-captured animal from at least Dec. 15, 2011, through Jan. 1, 2012, Morrison said.

PETA was pleased with the ruling. "Compassionate citizens can now look forward to a kinder celebration at Clay's."

Logan appears to be keeping a sense of humor about the whole thing, saying, “We’re not optimistic or pessimistic, we’re opossum-istic.”

~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes