Welcome, Guest
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: CHOLINT!! 50539 Views

Re: CHOLINT!! 13 Nov 2011 22:15 #125358

• Back on Track
thanks for rubbin it in.... mine gave me heartburn. we used old steak meat from yom tov instread of real chulent meat. it was kinda dry. and it was already cooked. so once itscooked it doesnt mekable the whole vort of being part of a chilent. oh welll.... there is always next week. thank g-d i aint there for the leftovers tonight.
Last Edit: by .

Re: CHOLINT!! 15 Nov 2011 21:26 #125566

• heuni memass
Ahhhh....

Chulent free tuesday...

Time to rejuvenate..

the leftovers were gevaldik.... B"H. 

Sushi ? Naa. I think will do muffins.

Re: CHOLINT!! 15 Nov 2011 21:29 #125567

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
muffins are for yomim noraim so next muffin day is Zos Chanuka

till then cholint-sushi-woodford-pizza
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: CHOLINT!! 15 Nov 2011 21:45 #125571

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Al pi halacha it should be pizza-sushi-woodford-cholint. Unless you spend 6 hours with the woodford.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: CHOLINT!! 15 Nov 2011 21:51 #125574

• heuni memass
you see you need to make your own combo. pizza and chulent is not good for my gotzafliginbeineran.

Re: CHOLINT!! 15 Nov 2011 21:59 #125577

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
geshtaltzefligen!
long time no see

Re: CHOLINT!! 16 Nov 2011 17:54 #125667

• heuni memass
welcome back Shmeichel wrote on 15 Nov 2011 21:59:

geshtaltzefligen!
long time no see

Re: CHOLINT!! 17 Nov 2011 17:09 #125857

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
'someone' told me to post this:
matzav.com/innovative-rent-an-apartment-get-free-kugel

Innovative: Rent an Apartment, Get Free Kugel

Thursday November 17, 2011 11:33 AM
Lakewood, NJ - With a tough economy and a challenging real estate and rental market, new ideas and innovations are constantly cropping up, as people look for an edge. Knowing that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, one homeowner in Lakewood, NJ, has turned to a good old reliable idea to attract a renter for his apartment: potato kugel.

In an ad (click here) seeking a renter for a three-bedroom apartment in the Chesterfield Commons development in Lakewood, the homeowner states: “Free potato kugel upon signing!”

The ad does not state whether the kugel is of the homemade variety or if it originates from one of Lakewood’s fine take-out stores or eateries, but we are sure that potential renters are lining up to sign their name on the dotted line for that highly coveted apartment. After all, who can say no to some free kugel?

{Bezalel Fink-Matzav.com Newscenter}
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: CHOLINT!! 17 Nov 2011 20:53 #125915

• heuni memass
Chulint ideas for Parshas chaya sara anyone? 

Re: CHOLINT!! 18 Nov 2011 04:36 #125966

• Back on Track
Kugel can entice s/o to rent and apartment... But chulent builds a home.

Re: CHOLINT!! 18 Nov 2011 16:26 #126014

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Back on Track wrote on 18 Nov 2011 04:36:

poor misguided real estate agent...
I am nominating BOT to speak at the Agudah convention
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: CHOLINT!! 18 Nov 2011 16:30 #126015

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
When you speak, don't forget to mention the new GYE ad

Re: CHOLINT!! 21 Nov 2011 16:35 #126224

• heuni memass
last night I had over 4 nights potato kugal its was le'eila ule'eila.

Got to try it to understand.

AH....gevalt!

Re: CHOLINT!! 23 Nov 2011 16:38 #126436

• Back on Track
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 18 Nov 2011 16:26:

Back on Track wrote on 18 Nov 2011 04:36:

poor misguided real estate agent...
I am nominating BOT to speak at the Agudah convention

ok how's this....

Ahem* Ladies and gentelman.... Id like to shre with you one of the most pressing issues of today *MEANINGFUL PAUSE. When do we soak our beans? often to close to shabbos to get the full effect. I recomend hat this social crisis be given  shmAncy acronym name like project BEAN for Benefiting Everyone (but) ABOUT Nonsense.
its a perfect acronym because the word but really doesnt fit, so you can tell it isnt real cuz its not a perfect acronym... you know?  ???

Also- *ahem *tie straightening I believe we need to talk about kids at risk and ..... the meat. .... yes part of teh reason why so many kids are off the D is because we are scrimping.... *slight moment of uncertainty *clear authoritative resolution... the meat. We need to see more juicy flkanken in the cholent and none of this using up the ends business. get a nice fat piece of meat and plop right  in there. *uh huh. yup. that'll definteetly have a good improtant affect.

and now for my next act... I mean NEXT POINT-  We have to analyze the whole crock pot versus blech issue. to many families are suffering with blech cooked cholent that either comes out to cooked or spoils. I know. this is how our granparents did it. there were no corck pots then.  but if there is one thing i believe we stand for here at this convention its progress and doing away with the antquated ways of our forebearers . and its high time everyone here goes to their local houseware dealer nad get a frickin crock pot. after that please report back for a kumzitz with lipa in the main balroom and a speech about chinuch. or something like that. also anyways the word blech is not so nice sounding to americans and it has teh osiyos belch. and you don want to belch after cholent.

thank you for coming and thank you for listening and thank you for letting me come to the convention for free. And thank you Hashem for everything and if I dont thank my wife she is gonna be hurt so thanks to my wife. ..... And also theres a kid,  I once stepped on his toe as I was getting off the bus in flatbush... i wanna say im sorry to that kid.... he was really nice! he just sort of bit his lip but i have stepped on his foot really hard- totally by accident! you know what i mean. i was getting off and he was.... ok forget it. any ways sory kid. i think your name was moishey zeltzman or something like that.

I also wanna thank the yated and hamodia for being here and writing this up. if you want i can email you teh exact text...... If anyone can tell me how to get back to detroit i would appreciate it. cuz i have no idea........ one minute! i forgot to thank my grandparents. they cmae here after the war......
Last Edit: 23 Nov 2011 16:43 by .

Re: CHOLINT!! 23 Nov 2011 16:41 #126437

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Precious BOT!  One complaint.  Oven cooked cholint is better than crockpot cholint.  That's how true gedolim are made  8).
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes