Welcome, Guest

The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 6898 Views

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 16:41 #409989

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
amevakesh wrote on 12 Mar 2024 16:10:
Just spent half an hour writing up my first real post, hit submit, and then error shows up.

Oish! Now you have another reason to be grumpy...
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 17:11 #409991

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder
Im so done of hiding behind a tree my whole life!
guys cut down the tree, 
PLEEEEEEEESE!

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 17:28 #409992

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cande wrote on 12 Mar 2024 17:11:
Im so done of hiding behind a tree my whole life!
guys cut down the tree, 
PLEEEEEEEESE!

Not a chance in a frozen hell
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 20:36 #410006

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
iyh2023 wrote on 12 Mar 2024 15:45:
I find it very compelling that @youknowwho put this thread under the "Just Having Fun" tab.....

Well....the only other possible category to put it under would be "The Torah and Chizuk Approach", but I didn't think the "shtellah" folks would appreciate that at all....  

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 20:37 #410007

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
OMG! I just wrote a whole post, and it didn't go through. You guys must have set it up that I can't post here. You are afraid of what I'll have to say, who knows what damaging encouragement I'll share C"V
Will retry soon....because there's NEVER a reason to despair!!!!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 20:41 #410008

• Bennyh
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 12 Mar 2024 20:37:
OMG! I just wrote a whole post, and it didn't go through. You guys must have set it up that I can't post here. You are afraid of what I'll have to say, who knows what damaging encouragement I'll share C"V

Consider this your first warning. You have violated the rules of this thread. One more strike and be ready to suffer the consequences.

Now, let me address your poor excuse of a post: There is EVERY reason to despair.

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 20:46 #410009

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
youknowwho wrote on 12 Mar 2024 20:36:

I find it very compelling that @youknowwho put this thread under the "Just Having Fun" tab.....

Well....the only other possible category to put it under would be "The Torah and Chizuk Approach", but I didn't think the "shtellah" folks would appreciate that at all....  

I actually like this question and want to address it on a more serious note.

I think I was afraid that the impression would be that we are encouraging reinforcing negative, grouchy dialogues instead of promoting healthy thinking. So the message is, yes, it's sometimes beneficial and perhaps fun to gripe, but ultimately (and sadly) the cheesy, horrible things called care, empathy, chizuk, positivity and motivation are what actually work best to help oneself move ahead in life. 

Allright, having said that, now you can all shoot me...

I'm a traitor, I know. An evil impostor, running amok deep within the dingy, grey corridors of The Grouchery. 

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 20:54 #410011

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder

Wow! EERIE!!! So glad to see your post, smileys and all! I was actually contemplating raffling off a nice box of lingerie to the guy that gets you to post a grouchy piece over here. 

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 21:00 #410012

• iyh2023
  • Gold Boarder
youknowwho wrote on 12 Mar 2024 20:46:

I think I was afraid that the impression would be that we are encouraging reinforcing negative, grouchy dialogues instead of promoting healthy thinking. So the message is, yes, it's sometimes beneficial and perhaps fun to gripe, but ultimately (and sadly) the cheesy, horrible things called care, empathy, chizuk, positivity and motivation are what actually work best to help oneself move ahead in life. 

I'm a traitor, I know. An evil impostor, running amok deep within the dingy, grey corridors of The Grouchery. 

All right, I'll shoot you first.... hold on where's my gun, gosh it was right here?!? oh well i guess he went anonymous again, too bad...     

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 21:10 #410013

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
youknowwho wrote on 12 Mar 2024 20:46:

You asked so here goes.

POW. BANG.

you have been shot, have a nice day. If you didn’t enjoy your shooting please file your complaint with WCA (Who Cares Anonymous)
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 22:59 #410022

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
youknowwho wrote on 12 Mar 2024 20:54:

Wow! EERIE!!! So glad to see your post, smileys and all! I was actually contemplating raffling off a nice box of lingerie to the guy that gets you to post a grouchy piece over here. 

Actually, you succeeded. My post (which went lost-argh:)) went something like this:
OOOOOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMMMM
GGGGGGGGGGGG
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMM
GGGGGGGGGG
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the (beep) is going on here???!!!!
I wasn't on GYE for a while, due to some grouchfying stuff, and here I come back to find THIS???!!!!
Truth to be told, after reading YKW's first post I thought I can't post here, because anything remotely similar to Eerie would be totally against any of the rules. But then I read through it and laughed so hard at mankind's attempt to make life sound sad. So I'm here to tell you:It's been swell. and NOW: GET THE (BEEP) OFF THIS THREAD AND SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On a serious note, it's actually a  great thread, in the right place. Yes, we human beings need to kvetch (thing is, nobody cares to hear me kvetch, except that that was a kvetch..). And kvetch we may. And as long as we remember that at the end of the kvetch about Friday, Wed or anyday or thing or person or pronoun, we gotta look for the guy that will somehow, someway, make us smile.
I nominate Redfaced to be that guy.
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 23:02 #410023

• Bennyh
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 12 Mar 2024 22:59:

Actually, you succeeded. My post (which went lost-argh:)) went something like this:
OOOOOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMMMM
GGGGGGGGGGGG
OOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMM
GGGGGGGGGG

I wasn't on GYE for a while, due to some grouchfying stuff, and here I come back to find THIS???!!!!
Truth to be told, after reading YKW's first post I thought I can't post here, because anything remotely similar to Eerie would be totally against any of the rules. But then I read through it and laughed so hard at mankind's attempt to make life sound sad. So I'm here to tell you:It's been swell. and NOW: GET THE (BEEP) OFF THIS THREAD AND SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On a serious note, it's actually a  great thread, in the right place. Yes, we human beings need to kvetch (thing is, nobody cares to hear me kvetch, except that that was a kvetch..). And kvetch we may. And as long as we remember that at the end of the kvetch about Friday, Wed or anyday or thing or person or pronoun, we gotta look for the guy that will somehow, someway, make us smile.

Okay, that's enough! Guys, help me get this guy OUT of here! You grab his hands,, you get his legs. What? What'd you say? I don't care if he's trying to kiss you! OUT!!!

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 23:07 #410024

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 240 days
  • Gold Boarder
eerie wrote on 12 Mar 2024 22:59:

OOOOOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMMMM
GGGGGGGGGGGG
OOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMM
GGGGGGGGGG

Wish there was a thumbs down button. NO thanks.
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 12 Mar 2024 23:20 #410026

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Grumping is sometimes very healthy. It allows us to relieve tension and then recover and see things straight. This is as long as we aren't throwing rocks at anyone. Please don't stone me for this one. I am trying to keep the thread alive and healthy.

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 13 Mar 2024 00:49 #410035

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder
yitzchokm wrote on 12 Mar 2024 23:20:
Grumping is sometimes very healthy. It allows us to relieve tension and then recover and see things straight. This is as long as we aren't throwing rocks at anyone. Please don't stone me for this one. I am trying to keep the thread alive and healthy.

NO ONE CARES.
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes