Welcome, Guest

Life with a flip phone
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Life with a flip phone 315 Views

Life with a flip phone 29 Sep 2023 05:32 #401729

• ainshumyeiush
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
I want to start this thread as a place to talk about our phones. Not the actual phone but all the side effects of having one in a smartphone dominated culture. All the stories of reactions you get from people who just cant understand why you have one, and the quirks that come along with having one.

feel free to post even if you have a (gasp) smartphone if you have any good stories, jokes or points to ponder.
and lets try not to get too serious.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Curiosity kills the count

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

feel free to get in touch
ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 
7327021556 (google voice)

Re: Life with a flip phone 29 Sep 2023 05:41 #401730

• ainshumyeiush
  • Gold Boarder
The other day i was driving and i saw a goy with a flip phone. It brought tears to my eyes. Yes he may have been homeless. Yes he may have been smoking weed. Yes he may have been waiting by an intercity bus stop. Yes his life's possessions may have been in shopping bags at his feet.
but he was a fighter. A fighter for living in reality. Fighting to disconnect from internet culture. Fighting to remain pure in this new era.
We need more people like him in this world. 
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 

Re: Life with a flip phone 02 Oct 2023 03:20 #401773

• abieham
  • Expert Boarder
He probably just couldn’t afford a smart phone lol
i heard a story from the person it happened to. He was driving around the corner and he got pulled over maybe because of a red light idk. He didn’t have his license on him. The police asked maybe he has a picture of it on his phone. He pulled out his flip phone and the cop was cracking up. He let him go.

Re: Life with a flip phone 02 Oct 2023 04:19 #401775

• ainshumyeiush
  • Gold Boarder
Reminds me of a story that happened to a friend. 
got stopped by the cops while they were looking for a drug dealer (it was not him). 
he had his flip phone on him, and a broken one. And a new one for his brother he was taking to tag. And a Waze device.
took a lot of explaining to get out of there...

ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 

Re: Life with a flip phone 19 Oct 2023 05:04 #402501

• chaimsw
  • Fresh Boarder
My wife had a flip phone for a while. My nephew was borrowing it and stated that it was not working!!!
e was trying to use the screen as a touch screen, and not the pad/buttons to scroll down the page. 

Re: Life with a flip phone 25 Dec 2023 00:59 #405564

• easy
  • Current streak: 34 days
  • Expert Boarder
i like to call people while im driving and keep it on speaker for a while my dad was complaining about an echo i chalked it up to 'old age' or not being able to use a phone properly. but i did get a pair of earbuds. good thing i did bc shortly after the earpeice of the phone stopped functioning and now i need the earbuds to talk to anyone.

Re: Life with a flip phone 25 Dec 2023 01:05 #405567

• ainshumyeiush
  • Gold Boarder
Lol. I forgot about this thread. I recently got a new pair of ear buds, and about a week later, the volume up button on my phone broke. Lucky my new ear buds can raise it

ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 

Re: Life with a flip phone 25 Dec 2023 05:13 #405581

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm looking for somebody with the fig phone where the earpiece still works...
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Life with a flip phone 25 Dec 2023 05:33 #405585

• crabapple18
  • Current streak: 1430 days
  • Gold Boarder
ainshumyeiush wrote on 25 Dec 2023 01:05:
Lol. I forgot about this thread. I recently got a new pair of ear buds, and about a week later, the volume up button on my phone broke. Lucky my new ear buds can raise it

I saw someone on Forest and 6th that had that phone. 
Here to see what works for others and a good shmooze. 
Always here to share my journey N' what works for me. 
Feel free to reach out 24/6 charlesbosgod@gmail.com
One day at a time!
Today is what counts. RULE 62
It’s the first drink that gets me drunk.
“Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and [a] mystery.Today matters most
One lust drink is too many and a thousand isn't enough.
**Its a part of me, not who I am**

Re: Life with a flip phone 25 Dec 2023 13:26 #405598

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 25 Dec 2023 05:13:
I'm looking for somebody with the fig phone where the earpiece still works...

My wifes ( replacement ) still works . I was under the impression that it was only one batch that had the issue with the ear piece. It only took 3-4 weeks for them to replace the phone for me
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: Life with a flip phone 18 Jan 2024 16:00 #407266

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes