Welcome, Guest

Husbands that are fat
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Husbands that are fat 1054 Views

Husbands that are fat 21 Jul 2022 19:35 #383676

• lchaim tovim
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Gold Boarder
Anyone else trying to lose some weight over here? 

We're all documenting and getting/giving chizuk regarding  our struggle with Lust. Anyone want to do the same regarding Dieting?

I'm 5' 7" When I got married 10 years ago I was 155lb. I went up to 200, down to 175 and back up to 200lbs. I am now down to 192 lbs with a goal weight of 165 lbs.

Re: Husbands that are fat 21 Jul 2022 22:14 #383681

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Ha ha,
My wife too wants me to loos some Wight.
I am trying to do more exercise lately in order to become fit and to please my wife.
Being good looking in my wife's eyes will lead to a better marriage which leads to more love . . . . 
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Husbands that are fat 21 Jul 2022 23:02 #383684

• yechielmichel
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
Yes,
Got married 12 years ago
5’6” weighed 145 (skinny), quickly went up to 155. Now I’m at 173. My goal is 155.
I started doing calisthenics and in theory keeping in mind how much I eat. I am stronger already

Re: Husbands that are fat 21 Jul 2022 23:20 #383686

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Lchaim Tovim wrote on 21 Jul 2022 19:35:

We're all documenting and getting/giving chizuk regarding  our struggle with Lust. Anyone want to do the same regarding Dieting?

I'm 5' 7" When I got married 10 years ago I was 155lb. I went up to 200, down to 175 and back up to 200lbs. I am now down to 192 lbs with a goal weight of 165 lbs.

very similar, except it's more like 25/30 years, but I have it easy, as the wife needs to lose much more weight than me (and when that happens, I will treat her to a humongous tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread with pickles and lettuce and a two-piece bathing suit).
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: Husbands that are fat 22 Jul 2022 00:03 #383689

• future paltiel
  • Expert Boarder
very similar, except it's more like 25/30 years, but I have it easy, as the wife needs to lose much more weight than me (and when that happens, I will treat her to a humongous tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread with pickles and lettuce and a two-piece bathing suit).

Great idea achi! Only thing is make sure you treat her and not yourself:sweat_smile:
How have you been doing lately Trouble? I missed your posts

Re: Husbands that are fat 22 Jul 2022 00:41 #383697

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
future paltiel wrote on 22 Jul 2022 00:03:

Great idea achi! Only thing is make sure you treat her and not yourself:sweat_smile:
How have you been doing lately Trouble? I missed your posts

thank you. treating her is treating me. i posted a bunch today. lots of emotional stuff lately, and i've been a good boy for two weeks or so, maybe.

Re: Husbands that are fat 22 Jul 2022 01:51 #383700

Lchaim Tovim wrote on 21 Jul 2022 19:35:

Slightly similar situation here. I'm also married for about ten years and grew myself somewhat of a beer belly.

I starred dieting at the same time as I started my current clean streak, and I've lost around fifteen pounds so far. There are a lot of similarities in both "diets", so I find they complement each other.
We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.

Re: Husbands that are fat 22 Jul 2022 14:20 #383716

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder

Just keep on being all about that Bass!
Last Edit: 22 Jul 2022 14:21 by lchaim tovim.

Re: Husbands that are fat 22 Jul 2022 14:24 #383717

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
I personally find the kiddush on shabbos to be a huge problem for me...Some herring, liver, galla all with kichel and several l'chaims later messes up what was otherwise a good week

I think I have to stick to just having a few l'chaims

Re: Husbands that are fat 22 Jul 2022 16:40 #383737

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Lchaim Tovim wrote on 22 Jul 2022 14:20:

Just keep on being all about that Bass!

just curious; do you know where i got the line from?

Re: Husbands that are fat 22 Jul 2022 16:51 #383741

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
I'm going to guess 

Your  mama she told you "don't worry about her size"
(doo wop wop, sha ooh wop wop)
She says, "Boys like a little more wifey to hold at night"
(That wifey, uh, that wifey wifey)
You know she won't be no stick figure silicone Barbie doll
(doo wop wop, sha ooh wop wop)
So if that's what you're into, then go 'head and move along

Re: Husbands that are fat 24 Jul 2022 07:06 #383766

• wilnevergiveup
  • Platinum Boarder
Interesting, I did this my first time around and actually lost a lot of weight, almost 30 lbs! I was learning a lot of tools for abstaining from physical pleasure and not using them to deal with stress. 

Two points, one, if something is underlying, like stress, and you are not dealing with that effectively, you will eventually break. Assuming that someone is using pleasure to deal with some form of stress, anxiety, or another emotional issue, if those issues are not addressed, this will not work long-term.

The second is that there is something called ego depletion (I think that's what this is called) that says that a person only has enough mental energy to work on a certain amount at a time. It's possible that trying to tackle too much at once will weaken you on both ends making you less effective.

That being said, I do believe that in mindset, the concept of replacing unhealthy pleasure-seeking activities with healthy alternatives (like exercise) is a wonderful idea and will greatly impact your success. 

In short, make sure to tackle the core issues and don't just say, hey, I'm abstaining here, why don't I try losing weight while I'm at it.

That's it.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Husbands that are fat 25 Jul 2022 17:52 #383823

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
@willnevergiveup Thank you for sharing your perspective.

I'm not saying I'm abstaining here so why not try losing weight while I'm at it.

I've been trying to lose weight before I decided to embark on my most recent 90 day journey. Interestingly enough, I am having more success with lust than weight.

I just feel that there are so many tools that I'm utilizing to combat my addiction with lust, maybe they'll be helpful in combatting my addiction to food.

That being said, shabbos was a disaster so Sunday was a disaster because couldn't get back in the mindset of dieting. Need to figure that part out.
Last Edit: 25 Jul 2022 17:53 by lchaim tovim.

Re: Husbands that are fat 01 Aug 2022 15:52 #384197

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
Well, I weighed myself sunday morning and hit a new record 201.2 lbs. For some reason my diet is going backwards, I must be doing something wrong.

New goal is 20 pounds by sukkos.

Re: Husbands that are fat 01 Aug 2022 18:17 #384209

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Lchaim Tovim wrote on 01 Aug 2022 15:52:
Well, I weighed myself sunday morning and hit a new record 201.2 lbs. For some reason my diet is going backwards, I must be doing something wrong.

New goal is 20 pounds by sukkos.

perhaps we can form a group of some sorts

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes