Welcome, Guest

Men's Shopping Trauma Support Group
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Men's Shopping Trauma Support Group 2451 Views

Men's Shopping Trauma Support Group 28 Jun 2015 21:33 #257977

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
CALLING ALL MEN!!!

Do you ever experience adverse symptoms while shopping? Maybe a headache, fatigue, sore legs or feet?
Do the endless hours of shopping just make you want to curl up in a fetal position and sob?

If you answered yes to any of these questions you may be suffering from moderate to severe Men's Shopping Trauma, or MST. It is found in almost all men across all cultures, backgrounds, and ages.

Finally a support group has been created for those suffering to share their stories,
tips, and have a good laugh.

Please post so no man is left in the dark about this important issue.
Let Hashem Do His Job!

We need to jump off the conveyor belt of life and walk on our own.

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2015 16:53 by abd297.

Re: Men's Shopping Trauma Support Group 19 Jul 2015 22:04 #259842

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Just got back from yet another traumatic shopping trip. It started out as me going to Wal-Mart with my mother to get sunglasses for camp. My sister, her friend, and my cousin all came along. They are all in their mid teens. Over 2 hours later I was still stuck tramping all over the store. All I wanted to do was get what I needed and get back to the baseball game I was watching. Lesson learned, never go shopping with teenage girls.
Let Hashem Do His Job!

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Re: Men's Shopping Trauma Support Group 19 Jul 2015 22:07 #259843

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
It's interesting how my experience with women and shopping is they go in for a few things and somehow end up with a huge cartful of stuff that you usually have to schlep for them.
Let Hashem Do His Job!

Re: Men's Shopping Trauma Support Group 19 Jul 2015 23:28 #259845

• mr.clean
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Gold Boarder
Lol great post but in all seriousness i know some suffering from PTMST (post traumatic mens shopping trauma) if we even so much drove by a Walmart he would begin to shriek, and strip malls, forget it Sends him straight into shock... sad sad...
A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

Re: Men's Shopping Trauma Support Group 20 Jul 2015 10:46 #259867

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
Step One: We admitted we were powerless over our fear of shopping, that our lives had become unmanageable.....
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: Men's Shopping Trauma Support Group 19 Mar 2016 21:38 #281765

• shmulyz19
  • Banned
  • I am lucky to be alive each day. Thank you HaShem
hello all I know it's Shabbos, but I am being lustful, and I saw this. I hear you Mr. Clean. I hate shopping for clothes.   I want to yell to at the top of my lungs, when I have to try on everything. 

I am not a therapist offering advice. I am merely a concerned poster and Friend.. You can do it. KOT. 

Please chat me anytime. I'm all ears. Thank You
Thank you... Shmuly
Last Edit: 19 Mar 2016 21:39 by shmulyz19.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes