Welcome, Guest

Looking back on life and saying "I WISH I HAD....
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking back on life and saying "I WISH I HAD.... 1941 Views

Looking back on life and saying "I WISH I HAD.... 13 Mar 2014 20:22 #228851

• Joenoahi
  • Current streak: 83 days
  • Senior Boarder
This is my life every day. I have a list of like 75 things that I wish I had and things that I regret. This truly is the saddest. Our brains are wired to think that we will live forever, and when the day comes, I will say that I wish I had done something. Also in the present moment I don’t have the guts to do what I really want to do with my life. I know that most people don’t have nearly the guts to do what they really wanted to accomplish with their life. I am sick of seeing everyone lie to themselves about that they really want to do in life. They pretend that that’s what they really want to do like be married when in reality they would really love to change the world and leave their mark in world history. I’m pretty sure that every single one of you guys would LOVE to leave their mark in world history and be known for Ultimate Greatness, and yet nobody has the guts to achieve it. It is sad. They are thankful with mediocrity. I can never be thankful with mediocrity. I am quite corny and like to think that I am here on this earth for Ultimate greatness, but I’m scared of Ultimate greatness and I probably will never achieve it, and neither will the majority of people on this earth. Don’t mean to be very pessimistic, but it’s true…

Re: Looking back on life and saying 21 May 2014 04:00 #232197

• shomer bro
  • Platinum Boarder
No! You're put on this world to become the best YOU that you can be! Whatever you do in life, if it's done with all your best, you will have achieved greatness. I think it's a common error to assume that only those that become famous, and "live the life" are considered to be successful in life. This is so untrue! You're measured not based on what everyone else may be, but rather what you can be. You have so much potential, it's unfathomable! You can do whatever you want to do if you put your spirit in it. You can do anything in life! You want ultimate greatness? Become the best that YOU can be, and the satisfaction that will result will be ultimate greatness, because then yiu will have achieved it. It's all a matter of mind set. You can do it! Forget what everyone else is happy with! You're not happy with mediocrity? Great! You have what it takes to go places, and accomplish things. Scared? Of what? Of becoming the best YOU that you can be?! We can all achieve ultimate greatness, but it takes working on.

Re: Looking back on life and saying 27 May 2014 07:39 #232506

• Joenoahi
  • Current streak: 83 days
  • Senior Boarder
isn't iot hard to live in a society where everyone values men based on how many girls he has slept with.

Re: Looking back on life and saying 27 May 2014 18:05 #232522

• cordnoy
Thank God the people in my real world don't live like that.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Looking back on life and saying 27 May 2014 18:06 #232523

GYE is a society that values people based on their sincere will to stay sober.

Isn't that great?!

MT

Re: Looking back on life and saying 28 May 2014 21:33 #232631

• shomer bro
  • Platinum Boarder
As Jews, we actually place our wives on a pedestal in the way we're supposed to honor them. It's in the goyish world that they view women as something to conquer and win. Unfortunately, our interaction with the outside world perverts the way we think and act. The trick is to work on cleansing our thoughts, and retraining ourselves in how we should think about everything. It's definitely not easy, but it's all part of spiritual growth which is a lifetime endeavor.

Re: Looking back on life and saying 29 May 2014 11:03 #232660

wow this thread is in the 'just having fun' section?
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes