Welcome, Guest

Elections coming up in Jerusalem
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Elections coming up in Jerusalem 1739 Views

Elections coming up in Jerusalem 27 Aug 2013 18:27 #217415

• thatguyoverthere
  • Current streak: 94 days
  • Gold Boarder
Anyone else here from Jerusalem? I moved here a little more than a year ago and Im totally clueless when it comes to local politics. The elections are in October. Who can one vote for? Is there any place online with explanations and resources about the different local parties and mayor candidates?
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. /Mishlei 25:28

Re: Elections coming up in Jerusalem 27 Aug 2013 18:54 #217421

• tryingtoshteig
  • Current streak: 115 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • תן חיוך, הכל לטובה
Hate to spoil your fun, but...

From the Forum Rules:

3.) Topics where opinions are strong and which can easily lead to controversy should generally be avoided, especially if they are not related to the issues of this forum (e.g. reconciling Torah and science, politics, etc...).
I think this is because the people on this forum have many hashkafos, political views, etc. and you never know who you are getting your information from.

That said, if you are only looking for a list of who is runnning, I am sure you can find the answer to your question with a quick Google search.
"ויעזור ויגן ויושיע לכל החוסים בו ונאמר אמן" -- ArtScroll Gabbai's Handbook

Re: Elections coming up in Jerusalem 27 Aug 2013 19:08 #217425

• thatguyoverthere
  • Current streak: 94 days
  • Gold Boarder
Oops... I apologize. But in my defense:

1) Local politics is not really politics... no Jerusalem city council will have any impact on the peace process or taxation for that matter.
2) I didnt ask anyone to voice any political opinion, nor did I voice any of mine.
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. /Mishlei 25:28

Re: Elections coming up in Jerusalem 28 Aug 2013 14:22 #217556

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
If you are Chareidi you will find the answer on the wall. Not the Facebook wall and not the Western Wall but plastered all over every wall.
ג for Ashkenazim and some Sfardim, maybe ש"ס if you are Sfardi but it's ossur to vote if you are Neturei Karta.

If you are not Chareidi, you are on your own.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes