Welcome, Guest

And What's With Bittul Torah?!
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: And What's With Bittul Torah?! 2219 Views

And What's With Bittul Torah?! 06 Mar 2012 19:55 #134344

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Frankly, I was disgusted, upon seeing that this site has a board called "Just Having Fun", Mimeila if yidden have nebach problems with kedusha inyanim and they have no other alternative but to steal off a fewe minutes from limud hatora and go on the internet to find chizuk... Nu. But to start a whole board called Just Having Fun?!
With this in mind, I'm going to post some Divrei Torah (Mei'inyana Diyoma of course) right here. In this bastion of tumah and leitzonus!
The Mitzva of Mechiyas Amalek is not a mitzvas asei shehazman grama, it would therefore follow that women should not be exempt from this mitzva, however the talmud grants a special exemption for women under the that they don't generally go to war. We can deduce from this that someone with the halachic status of a woman, but not the body of a woman [=a canaanite slave] is required to fulfill this mitzva...
Which poses a difficult problem, being that haman was mordechai's slave, he had a chiyuv of mechiyas amalek! So why didn't he commit suicide?!
In truth, however. It is obvious that Mordechai freed Haman, or else he wouldn't have ended up being Vizier to King  Ahasuerus [see [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haman_(Bible)]here[/url]]. But this is also difficult to understand because according to the talmud, "one who frees his slave has transgressed a positive [commandment]" and Mordechai who was obviously a devout jew definitely would not do that [see [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordecai]here[/url], that mordechai would not violate jewish law] so there must be some different explanation, but the truth is, that we know that mordechai was a great eyesore for haman [1913 Webster Dictionary, see [url=http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/eyesore]here[/url]] and we know that a slave is emancipated if his Master causes him an eyesore!

for those that understand yiddish there is a slightly more in-depth discussion about this here.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Last Edit: by .

Re: And What's With Bittul Torah?! 06 Mar 2012 20:06 #134346

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
TehillimZugger wrote on 06 Mar 2012 19:55:

Frankly, I was disgusted,
if you know how franks are made you would be very disgusted
upon seeing that this site has a board called "Just Having Fun", Mimeila if yidden have nebach problems with kedusha inyanim
they don't
and they have no other alternative but to steal off a fewe minutes from limud hatora and
go on the internet to find chizuk...
WHAT!?!?! chas veshalom
Nu. But to start a whole board called Just Having Fun?!
FUN in hebrew is כיף
which is roshei taivos Kickboxing Yahoo Possum

With this in mind, I'm going to post some Divrei Torah (Mei'inyana Diyoma of course) right here. In this bastion of tumah and leitzonus!
The Mitzva of Mechiyas Amalek is not a mitzvas asei shehazman grama, it would therefore follow that women should not be exempt from this mitzva, however the talmud grants a special exemption for women under the that they don't generally go to war. We can deduce from this that someone with the halachic status of a woman, but not the body of a woman [=a canaanite slave] is required to fulfill this mitzva...
Which poses a difficult problem, being that haman was mordechai's slave, he had a chiyuv of mechiyas amalek! So why didn't he commit suicide?!
In truth, however. It is obvious that Mordechai freed Haman, or else he wouldn't have ended up being Vizier to King  Ahasuerus [see [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haman_(Bible)]here[/url]]. But this is also difficult to understand because according to the talmud, "one who frees his slave has transgressed a positive [commandment]" and Mordechai who was obviously a devout jew definitely would not do that [see [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordecai]here[/url], that mordechai would not violate jewish law] so there must be some different explanation, but the truth is, that we know that mordechai was a great eyesore for haman [1913 Webster Dictionary, see [url=http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/eyesore]here[/url]] and we know that a slave is emancipated if his Master causes him an eyesore!

for those that understand yiddish there is a slightly more in-depth discussion about this here. Geonus!!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: And What's With Bittul Torah?! 06 Mar 2012 20:08 #134347

AMazing chudishim.  I saw this published in "Sefer HaKodesh, Tal min a TehillimZugger"
Recovery in 6 words:  Trust H".  Clean House.  Help others.

Re: And What's With Bittul Torah?! 06 Mar 2012 20:19 #134352

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
i really like your new signature line Edgeman!

where is it from?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: And What's With Bittul Torah?! 06 Mar 2012 21:55 #134360

Thanks!  ;-)
I think it was quoted in that book by the Rabbi. .. "Gcd of Our Understanding"... I recall he mentioned that, the 12 steps in 6 words...

Re: And What's With Bittul Torah?! 02 Feb 2014 17:45 #227278

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
I had a shtikkel hoisafah on that vort.

The reason Haman's daughter DID kill herself. Now, my Rebbi in cheder said it was because she spilled the {...} on Haman's head because she thought it was Mordechai [seriously? a girl with such good aim?!] and was afraid of her father's rage. Which of course makes no sense at all. You're going to tell me in all those years she never made him angry and got beaten by him?! I think the real story was as follows:

Haman's entire family harbored extreme hatred for the Jewish people. Since the Jews were eyesores to them they were all freed from slavery and were exempt from killing themselves like an amaleki slave. But, we know that eved ivri [a blind slave] does not get freed with shen v'ayin.

If Haman's daughter confused her father with Mordechai [Midrash calls him Gadol HaDor, Gemara calls Haman Kattan shebiyoatzei Achashverosh- how would it be possible to confuse the two?] She was obviously blind and therefore the eyesore couldn't exempt her from suicide. When she realized that she had confused the two, and so she must be blind, she immediately jumped to her death to be mekayem the mitzva of mechiyas amalek, kein yovdu kol ovecha hashem.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: And What's With Bittul Torah?! 03 Feb 2014 22:21 #227321

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
geonus!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes