Welcome, Guest

O'Mottel's Kitchen
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: O'Mottel's Kitchen 34531 Views

O'Mottel's Kitchen 02 Nov 2011 23:29 #123994

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
It seems that a lot of us here suffer from malnutrition, which tends to bring about depression and other machlas of the mind. I mean, how are you gonna feel good about yourself, when you're 30 pounds overwheight, and you don't even have an excuse of a recent pregnancy?
So pile in, and if you're sick of cholint and kishke, I'll set you up with a nutricious meal that is inexpensive and good for you at the same.
Oh, and we do give out complimentary drink tickets to Bardy's Pub with each meal. You may have to check with Bards, though, if he'll honor them for anything other than a shot of Crapowitz.
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.
Last Edit: 02 Nov 2011 23:31 by .

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 02 Nov 2011 23:49 #123997

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
So, Yossi.L., BOT, and all others who need a micronutrient boost, listen in. This is what I had for lunch today, and I recommend you have the same for good mood and healthy outlook:
O'Mottel's Garden Salad:
1 can Corn kernels - Geffen
1 can sliced mushrooms - Manishevitz
1 can cucumbers in brine (aka pickles) - Beit Hashita - you don't have to have a whole can if you don't have it in you, but I recommend size 7-9 - easy to chop.
1 fresh tomato and 1 fresh cucumber, and 1/2 red onion - Ben's Produce, or any other vegetable store.
Chop the larger vegetables into smaller pieces, so they fit on a spoon with the rest of them.
For the dressing: A little bit of safflower oil, or grapeseed oil (it stinks, I know, but it has antioxidants), lemon juice (don't overdo it, but a mighty splash should do), apple cider vinegar (think antioxidants again), salt, pepper, a splash of tabasco so nobody asks to share, fresh oregano or basil for flavor.
Mix well. This should make a 32oz bowl, which is a nice lunch if you got the time to eat it.
The mushrooms will account for protein, but if you must, you can add some grilled fish or chicken breast (thinly sliced and NOT breaded, are you crazy?) for extra calories.
Drink lots of water to avoid flatulence. If it still befalls you, we'll try something else tomorrow.
Bon appetite ess gesunterheit!
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Last Edit: by .

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 03 Nov 2011 13:41 #124054

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Is chocolate off limits here?  What about a sweet roll and a hot cup of coffee.

Is this this the diet part of the forum?  If so, I'm outta here.

Thanks for keeping me smiling .

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 03 Nov 2011 14:16 #124059

• Back on Track
2 slices, spicy fries a chocolate milk (real thick) and a california roll to go please. Make that extra cheese on the pizza and none of that low sodium soy sauce on the sushi. Plenny of wassabi- that's how I detoxify my innards after all that and a shot of woodford.

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 03 Nov 2011 14:21 #124061

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
obormottel wrote on 02 Nov 2011 23:49:

a splash of tabasco so nobody asks to share

I skimmed this the first time and missed the best line of all!  How honest and true.  I've ordered the extra spicy chicken for ulterior motives too  :-[.  Your brutal honesty is refreshing!

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 03 Nov 2011 14:30 #124066

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
this place makes me feel all warm and fuzzy too. me like.

got any cookies?

Attachments:
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 04 Nov 2011 00:20 #124226

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
I see I have a lot of work to do here. Extra cheese pizza, huh? Don't you know that the more you feed it, the more you need it?
It's alright, you can tell it all to me over wheatgrass cocktail and egg-beaters by breakfast.
Today's lunch:
Two slices of wholewheat bread (or four, if you're hungry).
Tuna salad (2 cans of tuna, 2 tablespoons mayo (doesn't have to be light, just promise me not to use an icecream scoop or a cholint ladle), a stick of celery, chopped finely, a tad of lemon juice or dijon mustard so it tastes good). Make sure the tuna is Bishul Yisroel/Mashgiach Tmidi, so none of that Chicken of the Sea business.
1 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, and the other half of the red onion from yesterday.
Pickle (if you have any left; don't open a new can).
Optionally: avocado and alfalfa sprouts for goodness sake.
Slice what needs to be sliced, and assemble in this order:
Bread
Tuna
Tomato
Cucumber
Onion
Pickle
(Avocado)
(Alfalfa sprouts)
Bread
The top piece of bread is nice to spritz with some low-fat dressing, Robusto Italian for example.
Wash your hands. Enjoy.
Wash down with nice full calorie beer or A&W (do not confuse with Aunts and Wunkles).

Baby steps.

Last Edit: 04 Nov 2011 06:46 by .

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 04 Nov 2011 02:49 #124244

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Could you make me a lunch too?  I hate making my own lunch.

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 04 Nov 2011 06:50 #124253

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Gibbor, you sammich is on the top shelf.
Zemmy's wrap is there, too: a spinach-flavored tortilla wrap with all the above ingredients.
For whether to wash on it or not, please refer to my Vertlach over here: http://www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=4659.msg124254#msg124254
Baby steps.

Last Edit: 04 Nov 2011 06:53 by .

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 04 Nov 2011 13:22 #124276

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Thanks  :-*.

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 04 Nov 2011 15:38 #124301

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Mottel, i feel a little foggy this morning. i drank some lukewarm blueberry coffee and...

ya think some wild turkey would set things straight?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 04 Nov 2011 21:57 #124339

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Wild turkey is a good call, Zemmy. If it doesn't work, we'll try something else.
Ok, Erev Shabbos check list:
1. Vodka's in the freezer.
2. Cholint's on the blech.
3. Chalas are baked and chala is separated.
4. The seven-bean soup for Friday night - on the blech.
5. Brown rice stir-fry and chicken shnitzel on the bottom shelf in the oven.
6. Salads: Spinach/Strawberry with garlic aiolli; Baby greens with almonds and balsamic vinnaigrette; Four-bean; Spicy Carrot; Tomato/Red Onion/Kalamata olives; Olivier? maybe...
7. Check the vodka again, just to make sure no one was making room for icecream and left the bottle out.
8. Open wine bottles, mineral water bottles, tea bags, plastic flatware packages.
9. Almost forgot the fish: gefilte fish, grilled trout, honey-glazed salmon.
10. Please make sure the vodka stays put in the freezer.
Gut Shabbos!
Baby steps.

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 06 Nov 2011 16:21 #124416

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
i like your taste buds
(oh remember that vodka shouldnt fall out of the freezer when stealing that ice cream slice)

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 06 Nov 2011 17:22 #124428

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, Shmeichel, welcome to my kitchen. Even if we don't loose any weight in the process, we will at least enjoy some good food, I figure.
Baby steps.

Re: O'Mottel's Kitchen 06 Nov 2011 17:34 #124432

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
i like dry white wine pourd over ice cream, what a taiveh
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes