Welcome, Guest

guard your eyes
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: guard your eyes 2441 Views

guard your eyes 17 Aug 2011 05:41 #114947

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
is it possible to become addicted to gye?
is it healthy?
is it part of the withdrawal synptoms- you're no longer doing p**n so you gotta have this?
    :D  ;D  >    :o  8)  ???  :    :-[  :-X  :-\  :-*  :'(
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Last Edit: by .

Re: guard your eyes 17 Aug 2011 14:02 #114978

• shteighecher
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • KOT. ODAAT. Keep on Trucking. One Day At A Time.
oh, everybody here is sick and fully addicted to this, hey, its better then the other addiction. We need  GYE addictioin 12 steps
Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!,
With Hoshems Help

Re: guard your eyes 17 Aug 2011 14:11 #114980

• lo yichra
  • Current streak: 204 days
  • Senior Boarder
  • stay strong, dont bend.
of course i'm addicted to GYE my full mind is the whole day for GYE.
should i think i'm crazy,
no i'm not going to think so, because if i will think so i will go back to my other addiction & i'm not interested to,
so i'm staying addicted to GYE  .

Re: guard your eyes 17 Aug 2011 15:36 #114999

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I have only been here a short time, and I already have withdrawal symptoms over the weekend when I have less access .  I actually can't wait to get to work Monday morning to catch up.  It's the best kind of addiction you can have .

Re: guard your eyes 17 Aug 2011 17:39 #115056

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 24 Feb 2010 19:24:

Rabosai, I need some help/advice in time management. A week has already passed since I started posting in this forum and I can't seem to stop. I, B"H, don't have internet access at home, so all these posts are coming during work hours. I get paid by the hour, but with all my time being spent [or maybe it should be called earned?] reading this forum, I hardly get some work done at all. How do I keep from lookng at GYE???????????? :o

(B4 GYE it was other sites, but there I had a guilty conscious to help me minimize it somewhat.)

:-\ HELP!!!!! I'm addicted to GYE!!!!! HELP!!!! :-\

Elya wrote on 24 Feb 2010 20:30:

Yes, the board, the internet, email, Iphones, can all become addictive.  The same way
you create a balance, you do it here.  Set aside a 1/2 hour a day and that's it.  Or whatever.
But spending hours on the computer is not good for you or anyone.  The same addictive chemicals
are activated and it just forces you to want to waste time and eventually fall, C'V.

Elya

ShemiratEinayim an Old friend wrote on 25 Feb 2010 03:10:

Read the thread I started in 'Break Free', you are merely replacing your addictive compulsions with GYE.  The US government saw fit to so the same with morphine addicts. Morphine is costly, and proves addictive to those suffering from extensive pain. So the US Gov. developed HEROIN. A sister drug, to serve as a cheaper subsitute.  But all those former soldiers wounded inbattle went from being addicted to morphine, to being heroin junkies. 

At the end of the day, I DO personaly advise using a sister drug, a kosher one, and even better if it involves harbatzas hatorah!! However it does nothing for the cure (and may have side effects -- no guilt). Read the recent posts from tomim here http://rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1857.0.

Start the 12 steps and apply it to all the various representations of your addiction.

Moshe wrote on 25 Feb 2010 10:22:

I will try to anwer for you:

"Your addiction to lust, and Your addiction to GYE.....is the same addiction.....sort of."

Didn't Yosef Hatzadik answer Pharoh like this with his dreams?

Someone, (like ourselves) experiencing addictive type behaviors, must not think that it is limited to only one thing...lusting.

Addiction is a symptom of a deeper problem that one is somewhat "out of control". We have difficulty in our lives placing G'vulot on what we do. If we can't maintain our G'vulot, then we will wonder off into a place of lusting.  If we cannot use G'vulot to "keep" us in a good place, then we go "out of control". So,now you are addicted to GYE. Your dreams are all one dream.
  You must, (no matter how difficult it will be), make up a g'vul on how much time you will spend on posting, and do this before you begin. And, if you wish to really help yourself, then it must be Y'harog, V'al Ya'avor.   

We here have all left our protective fences, and boarders years ago, and now it manifests itself wherever we go. We pashut have lost our restrictions in life.

Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 25 Feb 2010 17:31:

Fantastic, what you guys are telling me is that I have cut out a large part of my life. Can I just choose to breath for half an hour, twice a day? Just kidding. I understand you all. So from now on, you may have to wait a while to receive my wise replies...

silentbattle wrote on 25 Feb 2010 21:05:

Me, is that really a good idea? Sometimes, even if posting takes up a lot of time, it can help ensure that we don't use the time to do other things...

Make sure that you give yourself enough time posting that you feel connected, have time to post and open up, and relate to others.

I hope to continue hearing your wisdom, Reb Yosef!

Etc.    Click on those quotes for the rest of the conversation...

Re: guard your eyes 17 Aug 2011 17:53 #115061

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
rock and truck
rock and truck
rock and truck
ROCK ON, I CAN'T STOP NOW, JUST MOVE LIKE YOU MOVE TO MISS THIS HASTE AND LAY WASTE AS YOU MOVE THROUGH THIS SPACE DANCING ON A BLADE OF GRASS AND ROCK ON
[that you can PRETEND to understand but if not...[b]geshtantzinfleegind[/b] (is there a proper spelling for that one)  ]

Re: guard your eyes 17 Aug 2011 18:55 #115078

• bardichev
there is no proer spelling for almost anything on this foreeem

Re: guard your eyes 18 Aug 2011 13:30 #115217

• Back on Track
The answer , as lame as it sounds, is that this entirely depends on the person. If your going to act out with p* instead, then pf course its better to 'act out' an addiction to gye. Mitoch shelo lishma ba lishma. But if you can balance ur time that's surely better. I have become somewhat addicted lately. I guess I need to tone it down. But its a process. My control over gye 'addiction' is far greater than control over lust addiction anyways.that said- cross addiction is a very real thing. AA guys will sometimes progress with their alcohol addiction , but take up gambling, overeating or drugs and vice versa.... So you really need to know urself.

Re: guard your eyes 18 Aug 2011 18:21 #115291

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
c'mon guys i posted this topic on "just having fun" is my sense of humor that bad????????

Re: guard your eyes 18 Aug 2011 18:58 #115311

• kosher
  • Gold Boarder
I have a link straight to unread posts, so I don't notice what section the thread is in (and on my Blackberry it doesn't show at all). I moved my post.
I am not big enough to not do something I WANT to do because I know it is wrong, but I've been around long enough not to want to do many things, even though they are really enticing at the first glance.
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2011 19:06 by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes