Welcome, Guest

[POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life?
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 47538 Views

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 11 Sep 2011 22:11 #118489

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
now you totally gave it away...
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.
Last Edit: by .

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 11 Sep 2011 22:16 #118492

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
Yeah, right -just don't get confused between us two...

Git?
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 11 Sep 2011 22:22 #118495

• Dov
  • Administrator
I linked to the Ecco site, thank you. But the shoes there did not have anything fuzzy about them. They seemed to be plain leather with a nice polish (not Polish, but polish). They did not appear to be swede, let alone black velvet. This is very upsetting. Please explain.

Your lowly talmid and chusid,

Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 11 Sep 2011 22:37 #118496

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
ben durdayah wrote on 11 Sep 2011 22:16:

Yeah, right -just don't get confused between us two...

Git?

but you wear your red baseball hat backwards, don't you?
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 11 Sep 2011 22:47 #118498

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
Silly, mine is lime green...

Whoooops...
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 12 Sep 2011 00:09 #118503

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
did not the rebbe leave an earlobe with a bluetooth on it in Great Adventures?

and does not the rebbe frequent the kickboxing studio on technology-free tuesdays?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 09 Oct 2011 11:03 #121471

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
ben durdayah wrote on 11 Sep 2011 22:47:

Silly, mine is lime green...

Whoooops...

you can edit a comment even after you post it. i think yours really is red you're just tryin to throw us off your trail....  ;D
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 06 Dec 2011 22:30 #127887

• Old Freind
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Well if any of the Israeli chevra want to meet-up, next week, thurday, 8:30pm?    send me a PM for the adress/bus schedual

Looking foward to meeting everyone.

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 02 Apr 2012 02:49 #135430

• mendel 770
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Junior Boarder
i might be a little imbarased at first, but it would be unwise to leave go on a opportunity or help, as weel as the chizuk you can offer ur fellow struggler...

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 23 May 2012 23:30 #138187

i actually told a friend of mine,real naive kid doesnt know anything about the world about my mzl addiction and he got all embarrassed and said that he has the same problem.bythe way i voted happy

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 24 May 2012 17:34 #138286

• Dov
  • Administrator
So what are you doing about it? just 'fighting it' - that's what you have been doing for a long time already, no? So how has it been working for you, so far?

The shayloh is "what now?" If the old stuff is exactly what got you here, then what is your other plan now?

Hey - hatzlocha. I know your struggle and you are far from alone here...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 17 Jun 2012 02:56 #139608

• E-Tek
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Gold Boarder
Having few to no people to talk to in real life, anytime I find someone with whom I can go deeper than the norm, I swallow any embarrassment and use the opportunity.
Don't forget, if he knows who you are, it means he was here on GYE. That's 99% a good thing for your anonymity.
(Unless he's your future father-in-law)

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 18 Jun 2012 14:56 #139695

E-Tek wrote on 17 Jun 2012 02:56:

...(Unless he's your future father-in-law)

B"H I married off all my daughters, so you need not fear me.

MT

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 19 Jun 2012 18:34 #139766

• Dov
  • Administrator
tocontrolmyself wrote on 23 May 2012 23:30:

i actually told a friend of mine,real naive kid doesnt know anything about the world about my mzl addiction and he got all embarrassed and said that he has the same problem.bythe way i voted happy

So what are you doing about it? just 'fighting it' - that's what you have been doing for a long time already, no? So how has it been working for you, so far?

The shayloh is "what now?" If the old stuff is exactly what got you here, then what is your other plan now?

Hey - hatzlocha. I know your struggle and you are far from alone here...

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 19 Jun 2012 19:50 #139770

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
It's a record. This is Dov's shortest post. He didn't say anything, not even one word, he only quoted himself. If he would only quote someone else it would be even shorter and show some good 12 Step humility.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes