Welcome, Guest

The Agudah convention
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: The Agudah convention 23050 Views

Re: The Agudah convention 19 Jan 2010 13:56 #46893

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Kedusha wrote on 10 Jan 2010 06:33:

I'm very happy to report that, this evening, I had the privilege of speaking about GYE for 20 minutes with a very well-known and talented Frum writer, who is highly respected among all spectrums of Orthodoxy, and whose readers must number in the hundreds of thousands.  He had not heard of GYE, but seemed quite interested in what GYE is doing, and agreed to speak further with Guard.  Let's hope, b'Ezras Hashem, that this leads to GYE being able to reach many more people in Klal Yisrael who desperately need its help.

So I called this "very well-known and talented Frum writer" today, and I asked if he had some time to speak, he replied that he didn't really have time cuz he was leaving the country again (perhaps even today). So I tried to just give him a quick run-down on what we do and how important our work is (figuring who knows when I'll catch him again?), but after about 8 minutes he had to cut me off. He was obviously impressed with our work and he mentioned to me that he'd like to write about addictions at some point. He implied that he would be interested in hearing from us again in the future when he had more time. I encouraged him to help us get articles in popular Jewish news-outlets and to spread the word, which he assured me he would do.

Thank you Kedusha!

Everyone, please learn from Kedusha and help set me up telephone calls with famous/influential personalities in the religious community!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: The Agudah convention 19 Jan 2010 13:58 #46896

• the.guard
More Good News. I got an e-mail today from one of our members. He writes:

I went to a presentation on internet safety for kids that was attended by more than 800 people.  It was given by Rabbi Lowenthal from Baltimore.  He presents in many communities in the U.S. and does a great job, with slides and everything.  The only site he actually recommended for further information is Guard Your Eyes.org.  It takes up most of a slide.  He said it was started by a group of frum guys... (but I know it's just one.  Guard.)

But that's not true folks, it's not just run by Guard. It's run by ALL OF YOU.

GYE belongs to klal Yisrael, and we have so many people already helping us in so many different ways! And every Yid who is trying to get better is making GYE a better place!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: The Agudah convention 21 Jan 2010 12:27 #47437

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
shemirateinayim wrote on 15 Jan 2010 04:21:

Gadol Hamachtio Yoser min Hahorgo.......Ugedola Midah Tovah Mimidat Peronius...  Why aren't WE doing this also.

And did anyone here see the small add I put-up on the door to a shtiebel in EY, it was written in english/hebrew and stayed-up for an astonishing 2 weeks (only "special" posters are posted on the door. so I took this as a real kavod)?
Have you entertained the idea that maybe noone saw it?? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I for one definitly didnt. :-\

Re: The Agudah convention 21 Jan 2010 15:14 #47477

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 19 Jan 2010 13:56:

Kedusha wrote on 10 Jan 2010 06:33:

I'm very happy to report that, this evening, I had the privilege of speaking about GYE for 20 minutes with a very well-known and talented Frum writer, who is highly respected among all spectrums of Orthodoxy, and whose readers must number in the hundreds of thousands.  He had not heard of GYE, but seemed quite interested in what GYE is doing, and agreed to speak further with Guard.  Let's hope, b'Ezras Hashem, that this leads to GYE being able to reach many more people in Klal Yisrael who desperately need its help.

So I called this "very well-known and talented Frum writer" today, and I asked if he had some time to speak, he replied that he didn't really have time cuz he was leaving the country again (perhaps even today). So I tried to just give him a quick run-down on what we do and how important our work is (figuring who knows when I'll catch him again?), but after about 8 minutes he had to cut me off. He was obviously impressed with our work and he mentioned to me that he'd like to write about addictions at some point. He implied that he would be interested in hearing from us again in the future when he had more time. I encouraged him to help us get articles in popular Jewish news-outlets and to spread the word, which he assured me he would do.

Thank you Kedusha!

Everyone, please learn from Kedusha and help set me up telephone calls with famous/influential personalities in the religious community!

Update: IY"H, Guard will be speaking at length to this very important contact in about 2 weeks.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: The Agudah convention 21 Jan 2010 16:12 #47494

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 19 Jan 2010 13:56:

Guard do you want my number?? Ill even give you my private cel phone. Oh and my dsl and local number too. Ill even give you my email that i use exclusivly for GYE. Whatever it takes this guy is sure worth contacting!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Re: The Agudah convention 21 Jan 2010 21:24 #47596

• the.guard
imtrying25 wrote on 21 Jan 2010 16:12:

Guard do you want my number?? Ill even give you my private cel phone. Oh and my dsl and local number too. Ill even give you my email that i use exclusivly for GYE. Whatever it takes this guy is sure worth contacting!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've already spoken with your secretary. 

Re: The Agudah convention 21 Jan 2010 22:42 #47616

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 21 Jan 2010 21:24:

imtrying25 wrote on 21 Jan 2010 16:12:

I've already spoken with your secretary. 
Ok ok. Now that is a good start you know. Baby steps, baby steps!

Re: The Agudah convention 22 Jan 2010 15:20 #47790

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Chevra,

Wonderful news!  GYE received a remarkable letter of support from the world-renowned Rosh Yeshiva, discussed above, which is posted here.

Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 22 Jan 2010 15:24 by .

Re: The Agudah convention 25 Jan 2010 05:17 #48205

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Kedusha wrote on 06 Dec 2009 16:00:

guardureyes wrote on 06 Dec 2009 12:52:

I don't know if I will be meeting him in person. I think the phone might be sufficient. (I don't do very many "in person" GYE meetings. The Satan has a whole undercover mafia trying to figure out who I am  ;D)

If this Rosh Yeshiva would agree to write a letter of Haskama, I think it would be a huge breakthrough for GYE.  Maybe that can be accomplished without meeting him in person, maybe not.  But we should make sure not to squander the opportunity.  

Boruch Hashem for the latest breakthrough!

Re: The Agudah convention 28 Jan 2010 02:19 #49013

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey kedushah, just a guess here, but was that "influential" writer the one who made a series about internet addiction in 'Family First'?  You mentioned this in one of your template letters

Re: The Agudah convention 28 Jan 2010 06:18 #49031

• bardichev
HEH HEH
Youze gonna see an inter-voo of me Kalid in da kol haolom kilo
HEH HEH

Re: The Agudah convention 28 Jan 2010 11:15 #49058

• kedusha
  • Administrator
shemirateinayim wrote on 28 Jan 2010 02:19:

Hey kedushah, just a guess here, but was that "influential" writer the one who made a series about internet addiction in 'Family First'?   You mentioned this in one of your template letters

No, although I did send her a copy of the Rosh Yeshiva's Haskama, and she was very impressed.

Re: The Agudah convention 30 Jan 2010 23:15 #49721

• the.guard
The mailing list of Kiryat Sefer, with about 100 subscribers (I think) wrote the following in this week's edition:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Here is some important information for the Modiinillit list.

Hello. Through some recent conversations I have had, I am surprised to find out that some people here might not have an adequate internet filter.  Here is a web site (in which Rabbi Avraham Twersky is involved, and Rabbi Aharon Feldman has just given a written haskama) which provides information about filters and other resources for frum yidden who may need access to the internet, but want to stay clear of its dangers.

www.guardyoureyes.org/
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2010 16:17 by .

Re: The Agudah convention 31 Jan 2010 21:03 #49950

• Dov
  • Administrator
I have a friend or two over there and can't believe GYE has any subscribers there....I was under the impression that you couldn't even get a dirah there if you ever knew someone who once had a computer.

Uh oh....it seems this garbage gets all over stuff, everywhere!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The Agudah convention 31 Jan 2010 21:53 #49964

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Rebbe the world has changed. I know plenty of people there and they have computers all right. I just hope they have the mind to beware of its dangers. These types of places like rugs alot!! Get me??   :D :D :D :D
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes