Welcome, Guest

The Agudah convention
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: The Agudah convention 22788 Views

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 22:11 #37417

• Dov
  • Administrator
Here, here,  8) b, and thanks! It's sure nice to have a humble rebbe in one's corner.

I'm not responding to anyone in particular:

B'ezras Hashem, GYE is and will be only one of many tools in Hashem's
"toolchest" that He will use to save the lives of the many yidden who need help.

If we keep to our own sobriety (or whatever you prefer to call it) first, then we'll remain useful. For me, the big "yetzer hora" is to conveniently ignore my own helplessness by getting totally lost in trying to help others. It just feels so right, though...fade to black....

Perhaps the balance that 7-up and Guard referred to is between stepping forward and saying "hineini!" while still begging Hashem "pischu li sha'arei tzedek!" and "kichlos kocheinu, al ta'azveinu!"
These are not madreigos - for us they are just the plain facts. We are no greater for recognizing them, just luckier.

There are no accidents, they say. We have all been shown what happens when a yid gets so great, trusted, creative, smart, and frum, that he thinks he's A-OK.  He soon feels he can get away with anything, nebach. We are the same and will likely always be.

If I really wish to be part of something really really big, then I desperately need to see and remember how small I really am.  Especially after success. When people like us get too big for our britches (which are mui petito), we don't last very long. Things get rather ugly in a hurry.

Go, go, go!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by orechdin.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 22:24 #37420

• Kollel Guy
WOW GUE in Agudah!!!
I think I'm going to bring a L'Chaim to kollel tomorrow to celebrate!!
This is nothing other than H-shem's way of telling us "I still love you guys"
Last Edit: by ih987654321.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 00:10 #37456

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Dov, this post of yours is perhaps the most precious I have ever read.  :'( :'( :'(

I am printing it out and hanging it on my wall.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by yisroelbn19.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 04:43 #37481

• bardichev
No offense to anyone including myself

DOV=REBBEREBER IS THE MOST SANE PERSON HERE!!

Yes there will be a certain "geshmakk"when GUE becomes as household name as tomchei shabbos etc.
But if we don't continue working on ourselves we will have nothing to feel "geshmakk" about

Rebbe is that what u were. 
Last Edit: by ezram.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 05:35 #37487

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm going to start putting GUE on my "shema koleinu" list of things to daven for...THIS IS GREAT!!!
Last Edit: by yekutiel.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 05:53 #37495

• bardichev
I hit post too quick
(Shifted into highgear and this mack was chuggin away)

My question to you is if I was sayong what you are saying

Although you are "clinically sane" and I am cynically insane

(Ok slow down and click on post)
Last Edit: by yaakov321.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 09:30 #37609

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Not that R' Dov needs my haskama, but I agree that here in lies the most basic yesod in basically everything. Yidden are natural givers. We will donate time and money and everything in between if the cause touches our heart. We will give away our very souls. And thats where the problem lies.

Balance
balance
balance

Simply put - If youve made it onto the lifeboat and see others struggling to survive and reach it too, you have a few choices on how to react:

Sit tight and cheer him forward till he reaches you under his own steam.

Jump out of the boat, into the ocean in order to grab onto him and save him forgetting that you too can not swim

Remain safely seated, throw a rope towards him and gently pull him closer and into the boat.

Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by shimonaa.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 10:21 #37621

• the.guard
7Up wrote on 24 Dec 2009 09:30:

Simply put - If youve made it onto the lifeboat and see others struggling to survive and reach it too, you have a few choices on how to react:

Sit tight and cheer him forward till he reaches you under his own steam.

Jump out of the boat, into the ocean in order to grab onto him and save him forgetting that you too can not swim

Remain safely seated, throw a rope towards him and gently pull him closer and into the boat.

I think I'll use a helicopter instead, and pray that the sharks don't get me. (click here)
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 24 Dec 2009 10:30 by jewinprogress.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 14:21 #37712

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
:o :o :o :o

YIKES!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by menachem181.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 17:45 #37775

• Dov
  • Administrator
bardichev wrote on 24 Dec 2009 05:53:
I hit post too quick
(Shifted into highgear and this mack was chuggin away)
My question to you is if I was sayong what you are saying
Although you are "clinically sane" and I am cynically insane
(Ok slow down and click on post)

That's a great name for a book: "I'm Clinically sane, You're Clinically Sane"! ...rings a bell...

Yes, Rebbe b, that's exactly what i meant and thanks to you and 7-up, it's finally in English!
:D
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by kufu.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 19:22 #37791

• bardichev
What rabbienu dov is saying is azoi:

Saying run for life or keep on trucking is not enough

We need to run for our lives and KOT

Tricycle
Whatever
Last Edit: by asherlev.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 21:37 #37816

• the.guard
So I spoke last night to Phillip Rosenthal for an hour and 20 minutes and told him all about GYE, past, present and future (big) plans... He will give it over to Rav Zweibel from the Agudah, as well as at the Torah Umesora convention in a few weeks IY"H... He asked me to send him the handbooks and a presentation I made once, and he wants to print out like 10 copies and distribute them to Rabbanim at these conventions...

He sounds like someone who would really be able to help us spread the word one day... With enough funds, I would hire him to travel the country giving seminars about our work at GYE... (He would do it. He is passionate about this stuff.)

Dov, add that to the list. Thanks 

If anyone wants me to send them a zip file with the handbooks and presentation to print out and/or show around to some wealthy friends or relatives that believe in this stuff, we would gladly e-mail it to you... Let me know.

Ending with a Teffilah... PLST and KKAT  :'(
Last Edit: by 04112004.

Re: The Agudah convention 24 Dec 2009 21:56 #37819

• yechidah
Hatzlocha R Guard

may this be a springboard for many berachos to come and for many of our fellow Yidin to be helped
Last Edit: by dada.

Re: The Agudah convention 25 Dec 2009 15:37 #38063

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Amen!
Last Edit: by sidhenadragonfire.

Re: The Agudah convention 27 Dec 2009 11:07 #38330

• the.guard
The latest e-mail from Phillip Rosenthal about the Agudah Midwest convention:

The session went great. I had started to go over on my time, so they cut me a bit short and I didn't get to say what I wanted about GYE. However, during the Q+A portion, I was able to push it in and even held up the handbook to show it as an example of what the program is all about.

I met with Rabbi Zweibel during Shalosh Seudos, and we discussed a number of things including GYE. He and I have agreed to meet in the next couple of weeks to talk more formally about setting up a formal program that would be offered to the membeship of the Agudah.Of course all of that is conditional on the Moetzes Gedolei to approve it. Baby steps, my friend. Nothing will happen overnight.

Shavua Tov,

Philip
Last Edit: by DeletedUser10789.
Time to create page: 0.95 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes