Welcome, Guest

The Agudah convention
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: The Agudah convention 23055 Views

Re: The Agudah convention 16 Dec 2009 14:57 #35225

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 14 Dec 2009 21:19:

If anyone else on this forum has connections with Roshei yeshivos, famous Magidei Shiurim, Askanim, Gedolim, etc... and can speak to them and/or get us a "phone appointment" with them, we would be happy to talk to them and explain what we do and how important it is to Klal Yisrael today. You could have a zechus in hundreds of people's teshuvah - if through that talk that YOU arrange, we are somehow able to grow - and more and more people find out that there's hope and help on the little Teivah called GYE, floating along in a Mabul of Taivah.

This opportunity is not limited to people who have any special connections.  I had no connections with this Rosh Yeshiva, as evidenced by the first thing he said to me after responding to my "Good Shabbos": "What is your name?"  I introduced myself, and asked if I would be able to speak privately with the Rosh Yeshiva.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by mendy+live58.

Re: The Agudah convention 21 Dec 2009 22:53 #36575

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
StrivingJew wrote on 29 Nov 2009 22:53:

Congradulations to GUE!

I was wondering what you think of the idea of creating flyers and hanging them on the back door of the yeshiva dormitories.
I am not saying that it should be given at all Yeshivas but perhaps at Yeshivas that arent known to be the greatest lamdanim. This is not to say that those Yeshivas that have better learners dont have this problem. I understand that this problem is all over the jewish world and in every type of yeshiva possible. Its just that the Rosh Hayeshivas from the less top yeshivas may more likely give their approval to post them at their dormitories.

Of course this is a good idea.
If they have courses involving computers...... they have a problem. Any yeshiva.
(O.K. "potential problem")
Last Edit: by chaimtzvi123.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 18:30 #37297

• Dov
  • Administrator
IT25 shlit"a - it was primarily directed at the heiligeh shepsil, who asked about sheep having lips, related to a wierd post by the rage-ster about some hebrew letters that seemed to be about sheep.....don't ask.

The whole discussion about the Guard and GYE thing seemed a bit too serious for me....but it seems that R' Guard is focused like a laser beam (pzeeewww!) on how GYE can grow to fill a need for klal yisroel. And he feels it needs to be done ASAP, that's all. Hey, Hashem gave us ambition for something, right?

He may be forced to take baby steps, though, as Tatty's timetable may be different than his. In the meantime, the Shechina is definitely saying "My head hurts! My arm hurts!", and we are all sensitive to that pain, having had so much pain ourselves.
A nice thing to think about the next time we are putting Tefillin on our heads and arms...

Ooh, too serious, sorry....
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by salc.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 18:39 #37313

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
are you saying Dov that we shouldnt be doing all we could to get the word out?? We should take it slow?? But what about all the Yidden out there that are suffering?? Am i wrong??
Last Edit: by yolopovna.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 18:58 #37325

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
I completely accept that Hashem's time-table may be different than ours... But...

R' Noach Weinberg Za”l, Rosh Yeshiva of Aish Hatorah, was once asked how he had been so successful in building such a colossal world-wide Kiruv movement. He replied that he had once seen a crane lifting a 10 ton block of cement, while the workers on the roof guided it into place. And it occurred to him that since the prophets had already promised that the Jewish people will return to Hashem before Moshiach’s time, it is like Hashem is already holding the 10 ton block. All that is left for us to do is to guide it into place.

R' Noach used to also ask people if they thought they could change the world. And they would say, "what can I do on my own?". But then he would ask them, "and what if Hashem helped you, could you change the world then?" And they would agree that with Hashem’s help, anything was possible. And that was Rav Noach’s secret to success. He knew that if this was something Hashem wanted to happen in the world, he just had to be there to guide it into place.

The Ohr Hachayim on Parshas Shmos (3:8 ) writes that before Moshiach's time, the Jewish nation will be subjected to the 50th level of impurity. But he also writes there, that before the Redemption the Jewish people will garner the strength to enter into the very "mouth" of the 50th level of impurity and pull out that which the Satan had already swallowed ("le'hotzi boi'lo mi'piv").

And that is exactly what the GuardYourEyes community is doing today. The Ohr Hachayim Hakadosh could not have used a more divinely inspired analogy. We are entering into the mouth of the Yetzer Hara himself and using the very power of the internet to pull out these sparks of Kedusha, these holy souls, that have fallen to the 50th level of impurity! So as Rav Noach used to say: All we have to do is be there to guide our Jewish brothers’ hearts back into place.

P.S. And Dov will be there to help 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 23 Dec 2009 19:00 by girlie.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 19:07 #37329

• Kollel Guy
imtrying25 wrote on 23 Dec 2009 18:39:

are you saying Dov that we shouldnt be doing all we could to get the word out?? We should take it slow?? But what about all the Yidden out there that are suffering?? Am i wrong??
Look, each one of us has to be a Nachshon on his own. But when your dealing with the hamon am, you can't go at Nachshon speed, because you'll end up ahead of everyone by yourself. People who's eyes and minds have not yet been opened - regarding the issue, will just think your an unreasonable fanatic if you try to press the situation.
Of course everyone here should try to do his own share of publicity. There are lots of bus-stops in American neighborhoods here in E"Y that don't have GUE flyers in them. That should be our agendas now.
I don't think it's reasonable to expect that the Agudah should be entirely dedicated to GUE, even for just one session. It's not where people's minds are now, and they won't pick up on it's importance that way. Actually, mentioning it sort of derech agav is probably the best eitza as of now.
Anyways, I think the ideal state of GUE should be that basically ONLY those who need it know about it. It just doesn't sit well with me that it should be known by everybody as the 'way to deal with THAT problem'.
Last Edit: by hakhel770.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 19:27 #37337

• the.guard
It just doesn't sit well with me that it should be known by everybody as the 'way to deal with THAT problem'.

That's an interesting point... It's a delicate balance between letting everyone who needs it know, and yet not making it a main-stream topic for everyone to talk about, even those who never knew this was an issue... No need to get them thinking "too much"  

That's why I think that one of GYE's goals should be not to educate the masses about this, but rather to educate the Mechanchim, Mashgihim, Rabbanim and Askanim - and make special handbooks of guidance for them to learn how this addiction works and what tools are most useful at dealing with it... And also to provide them with handbooks to distribute to those who turn to them and those who need it... And to educate them to find subtle ways of making their people aware that there is help and hope to be found...

Balance, Balance... We need lots of wisdom and siyatta dishmaya...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 28 Dec 2009 05:01 by awesomeaspie.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 19:43 #37341

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 23 Dec 2009 19:27:

It just doesn't sit well with me that it should be known by everybody as the 'way to deal with THAT problem'.

That's an interesting point... It's a delicate balance between letting everyone who needs it know, and yet not making it a main-stream topic for everyone to talk about, even those who never knew this was an issue... No need to get them thinking "too much"  

Point well taken.  But I still feel torn - so many people are already hooked, and so many others are at risk. 
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by DeletedUser9607.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 19:53 #37344

• loi-misyaeish
Right, we have to be careful not to make too much of a noise, yet. We don't want the rabbanim banning this site. To give out handbooks is fine, but to start convincing everybody to get to this site can lead to many pitfalls on the way. Like someone was once saying 'internet's like a surgeon's scalpel, one wrong move can  be fatal. We have to be very careful! But we can try to help people out not especially from cyberspace, but in other ways too as guard mentioned.
Last Edit: by sfs66080.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 19:54 #37345

• the.guard
An e-mail from Phillip I just received (after asking if we can get a recording of the convention):

I have incredible news for you. First of all, the presentations are all recorded, so all you have to do is call the Agudah. They have all presentations available on cd.

Second, and buckle your seat belt, Rabbi Zweibel wants to meet with me over the weekend in Chicago, and one of the things that he wants to discuss with me is GYE!!! He brought it up not me. I will keep you posted on all developments.

Rabbosai, things are moving fast. It has nothing to do with me, as Yosef said, "bil'adai"... (which means, "without me this would happen anyway"). This is something that the Ohr Hachaim promised would happen, it is something that needs to happen before Moshiach's time (and as Rabbi Twerski said in the audio clip, Moshiach must be around the corner because the Satan has such complete control today), and we just have to be there to guide the 10 ton block into place...

In the past few days, GYE has become a legally registered corporation.

Today, someone helped us open a bank account for the first time on the name of GYE corp...

It's happening fast. We have to just keep up with HIS time-table. Atzas Hashem Hi Sakum... And nothing will stand in HIS way.

Dov, I love you cautiousness... but as they say "motivation and energy is wasted on the young (who aren't smart enough) - and wisdom is wasted on the old (who don't have the strength anymore)". But if we take my dreamy motivation - and your older, more cautious wisdom and experience (and baby-step attitude) - and we put them both together - we can hopefully do big things, with His help
Last Edit: 23 Dec 2009 20:31 by mss500.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 20:04 #37349

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Mazal Tov Guard!
These are big steps forward iyH
We must remember, that the closer we get to the final geulah,
and the closer we get to accomplishing thje goal of GYe,
the more desperate the yh will become.
He wont attack head on anymore- thats baby stuff at this late stage
but will try destroy either from within,
or from without.
'Within' could be machlokes,
'without' could be too many options to list.

WE MUST be cautious as we proceed.
One false step,
and the yh will bring big names to close us down.

This is the time for well thought out planning
calm decision making
and
SIYATA DISHMAYA on all levels!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by punit.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 20:27 #37355

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. Mazel tov Guard. My heart actually skipped a beat when i read the second part of your post. Moshiach must be on his way. This is such a wonderful thing.

KG. Why is it any different than cancer?? Theres a special hospital for THAT. So why cant we have a special hospital for THAT too. This is so widespread we cant take our time. As in the mashel that i wrote about nachshon, he jumped in, not for himself but for all of klal yisrael. I think its just the opposite. When dealing with the Klal we need 18 wheelers. Tricycles and walkers are for the private person but when were doing for others we need only tractor-trailers. My 2 cents. :-\
Last Edit: by db5494.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 21:16 #37391

• bardichev
I WILL STICK UP FOR MY REBBERBER=DOV

WE NEED THE INSPIRATION OF THE ROCKETEERS

THE IMPLIMINTATION(SPELLED WRONG SORRY) OF THE TRUCKERS

BUT REAL CHANGE WILL HAPPEN FROM THE TRICYCLE RIDERS ONE AT A TIME
Last Edit: by moonsa.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 21:23 #37398

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey what about us walker walkers??
Last Edit: by DeletedUser9671.

Re: The Agudah convention 23 Dec 2009 21:27 #37401

• Lechayim
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Gold Boarder
Oh Barditchev!!!
Please get back back your pic you had. Here you look like a GRUBA YING hate to say it. It can make you lose respect and (ess past nisht)especially carrying such holy name!!!
Last Edit: by gye72120.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes