Welcome, Guest

My wihe confused me
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)
  • Page:

TOPIC: My wihe confused me 1882 Views

My wihe confused me 26 Apr 2013 18:18 #206028

I spoke yesterday with my wife. She told me enough already with this program. It’s taking you all day & all night. What your problem? Masturbation? Most man does it! So what! Don’t take it so seriously. Just be normal! And you only do it for the attention!

When I told her that trough this program many people stay sober for years for worst things than "just masturbation" she said nu nu ok. For what price?

I’m really confused. Whatever she said was 100% correct!

On the other hand I know that right now I’m a time bomb! After I got some “new ideas” in the SA rooms it’s very dangerous for me to leave the program and “ok. I’m normal!
I need to remember that:
I'm no a bad person; I'm sick.
I'm not A Choteh. I'm A Chole.
It take time & effort to stay sober but it worth it.

Davening to hashem to keep me sober 1 day @ a time since יום ג שבוע של יום-הכיפורים ו תשרי ה'תשע"ד 
10 Sptember 2013

(and to keep this date)
Last Edit: 26 Apr 2013 18:21 by צדיק גמור.

Re: My wihe confused me 26 Apr 2013 23:13 #206059

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
You are in a tough situation. I don't know what to say. I wish you hatzlacha in sobriety and in shalom bayis.

Have a good Shabbos!

Re: My wihe confused me 27 Apr 2013 02:34 #206077

• skeptical
What is her frustration with how you're going about things? What about the "price" is too much?

If it is discussed more clearly, maybe you can come up with a way to more efficiently work the "program" that will help you and she'll be happy as well.

If the program you are working is improving your relationship with your wife, she should be happy with your progress. If your focus is now shifted from the stuff you were doing before to the program, but your relationship is staying the same, it would be understandable that she's not happy.

Communication is important. Try to speak clearly and ask questions to her that clarify how she's feeling. Hopefully, the confusion will disappear.

Hatzlacha!

Re: My wihe confused me 29 Apr 2013 20:03 #206153

Thank you Gibbor & skeptical

I only read it today for the very first time but yesterday before even reading this one I opened myself to her. amaizing! I feel heavy weight is off my shoulders! now I can lift my eyes to her & look in her face without shame & without feeling like "you think you know me? guess what"! now she knows me & I can speak clearly & very open with all my freidns without making sure she is not in the room.

At the same time I want to give a big Yasher Koach to the Boreh Olam for being mezake me with such wounderful understanding wife! she listen, asked questions & gave the so much needed support while at the same time, without looking down at me, tried to figurate what to do in the future. she understood very well it's a sickness & we need to work together for a better future. she also understood a lot of other things which she was unable to understand before.
I need to remember that:
I'm no a bad person; I'm sick.
I'm not A Choteh. I'm A Chole.
It take time & effort to stay sober but it worth it.

Davening to hashem to keep me sober 1 day @ a time since יום ג שבוע של יום-הכיפורים ו תשרי ה'תשע"ד 
10 Sptember 2013

(and to keep this date)

Re: My wihe confused me 29 Apr 2013 21:24 #206167

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Great! I'm glad things are improving.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes