Welcome, Guest

what turns you on or arouses you
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: what turns you on or arouses you 363 Views

what turns you on or arouses you 08 May 2024 16:06 #412817

What turns you on or arouses you and how do you handle it !!!
I see a lot of discussions in which people are trying to solve their problems but I feel that this post may help a lot, if חבירים will respond positively

Re: what turns you on or arouses you 08 May 2024 16:31 #412820

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
טהרינו wrote on 08 May 2024 16:06:
What turns you on or arouses you and how do you handle it !!!
I see a lot of discussions in which people are trying to solve their problems but I feel that this post may help a lot, if חבירים will respond positively

Are you serious?

Please explain how publicly sharing my fantasies will help anyone?

Am I misunderstanding you?

Re: what turns you on or arouses you 08 May 2024 16:36 #412823

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Stick around, read, post. Try the F2F program and read the Battle of the Generation and the handbook.

W/r/t your question. I don't think it's necessarily helpful to talk about what turns someone on. What is helpful is discussing how to respond to triggers. There's a lot of good content about that on the website and forum. Why don't you dig into the F2F program which can help you discover your personal triggers and will teach you tools to respond better.
We are not the same people we once were. We are not so locked into our urges that we have no choice. We can choose to give in or choose to win this battle today. We do not want to give in, the pleasure of giving in is false. 
With Hashem on our side our victory is inevitable; the only way we can lose is by giving up on playing the game.

Re: what turns you on or arouses you 08 May 2024 17:39 #412833

ok, let me explain, I am not talking about what people do regarding their desires, I am referring to what people go through daily, which all of us go through, and how we handle them, why is it acceptable for people to write all of their personal private stories and you feel its unacceptable to write about what turns you on and the way you handle it, so other people can follow and not come close to do something bad.
I have no problem with it.
I hope you got it clearer

Re: what turns you on or arouses you 08 May 2024 17:44 #412834

• cande
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
girls turn me on
and shutting my eyes turns me off

Re: what turns you on or arouses you 08 May 2024 17:47 #412835

טהרינו wrote on 08 May 2024 17:39:
ok, let me explain, I am not talking about what people do regarding their desires, I am referring to what people go through daily, which all of us go through, and how we handle them, why is it acceptable for people to write all of their personal private stories and you feel its unacceptable to write about what turns you on and the way you handle it, so other people can follow and not come close to do something bad.

I thought this was put to rest in the undressing thread.
It's okay and necessary to share what is needed for recovery. The tone of your post sounded like you wanted everyone to sit around and tell stories about what turns them on. This smacks of sharing for pleasure and lust, not for recovery. Like I wrote above, there's alot of content on here on how to deal with urges. For example, there's dozens of recent post about how hard it is on the summer streets and suggestions on how to handle it. The F2F program is filled with that.
But your post kinda sounded like it was just asking for some titillating stories of getting turned on. Which is inappropriate. I'm sure that's not what you meant. But posts don't always come across clearly in a written forum.
Anyway, don't get turned off of the forum
Keep on trucking! 
We are not the same people we once were. We are not so locked into our urges that we have no choice. We can choose to give in or choose to win this battle today. We do not want to give in, the pleasure of giving in is false. 
With Hashem on our side our victory is inevitable; the only way we can lose is by giving up on playing the game.

Re: what turns you on or arouses you 08 May 2024 18:17 #412838

• guardyouriz
  • Senior Boarder
cande wrote on 08 May 2024 17:44:
girls turn me on

girls turn me on,
marrying them turns me off...

Re: what turns you on or arouses you 08 May 2024 18:21 #412839

• guardyouriz
  • Senior Boarder
guardyouriz wrote on 08 May 2024 18:17:

girls turn me on

girls turn me on,

just kidding honeybunch
(just in case my wife CV is reading this forum)

Re: what turns you on or arouses you 08 May 2024 19:20 #412846

• willdoit
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Gold Boarder
guardyouriz wrote on 08 May 2024 18:17:

girls turn me on

girls turn me on,

Love that.

Re: what turns you on or arouses you 08 May 2024 21:58 #412857

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 332 days
  • Platinum Boarder
chooseurname wrote on 08 May 2024 17:47:

טהרינו wrote on 08 May 2024 17:39:

I thought this was put to rest in the undressing thread.
It's okay and necessary to share what is needed for recovery. The tone of your post sounded like you wanted everyone to sit around and tell stories about what turns them on. This smacks of sharing for pleasure and lust, not for recovery. Like I wrote above, there's alot of content on here on how to deal with urges. For example, there's dozens of recent post about how hard it is on the summer streets and suggestions on how to handle it. The F2F program is filled with that.
But your post kinda sounded like it was just asking for some titillating stories of getting turned on. Which is inappropriate. I'm sure that's not what you meant. But posts don't always come across clearly in a written forum.
Anyway, don't get turned off of the forum
Keep on trucking! 

I second this post. None of us are trying to write fantasies, fairy tales or intriguing content. We have struggles and we are trying to resolve them by posting and getting advice and encouragement. If you have specific struggles of your own and you are looking for solutions or you have anything else to gain by writing a little bit about your struggles feel free to introduce yourself.  Many people on GYE have or have had struggles similar to yours and there is no reason to be afraid to post. If you are unsure of this statement you can read through some threads and you will see that you are not alone. There is no need to do a survey of everyone else's struggles and compile a new thread. Wishing you success on your journey.
Last Edit: 08 May 2024 21:59 by yitzchokm.

Re: what turns you on or arouses you 13 May 2024 03:55 #413167

• parev
  • Platinum Boarder
I think this is what the OP had in mind.

The trigger: A woman dressed provocatively
The solution: Get the fantasy out of my head. Sometimes even just verbalizing my thought process can do the trick. Best is to call and share.  Worst is to let the fantasy sit and breed, even if the thought asses, if I don't surrender it i'm out for lunch.

The trigger: The dirty streets
The solution: 'The floor is the cleanest place out there' my mother used to remind s.
I saw a story about someone who had a bag of 10 agurots that were worth millions to him. When in the street he used to focus on the floor looking for money. Everytime he found something - however small he saved it as a momentum of his shmiras einayim

The trigger: Coming home to a crabby wife...
The solution: Treat myself to something nice before I come home. and expect the worst...

I actually like this thread!!
[if you like it too, give me a negative karma....]
Marbitz torah and communal askan in E Yisroel | 30's | Went to rehab | Avid SA'er
Not perfect yet, but a changed person 180 degrees
If you think you know who I am, and want to reach out for further chizzuk, I have nothing to hide in real life and would love to share my ESH with you
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes