Welcome, Guest

Has anyone tried Supplements
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Has anyone tried Supplements 431 Views

Has anyone tried Supplements 19 May 2020 08:16 #349985

• farblunjet
  • Expert Boarder
I've been experimenting with brain-enhancing supplements and found that Lithium Orotate is somewhat helpfull in quelling urges. These are over the counter supplements.

Has anyone here had any success with any supplements?
Longest clean streak: 11 days
Last Edit: 19 May 2020 08:27 by farblunjet.

Re: Has anyone tried Supplements 19 May 2020 20:22 #350021

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Just a general note about supplements ...

Rabbi Twerski wrote to someone who contacted him through our network:

In order to have both physical and emotional health, we require proper nutrition. If we lack certain essential vitamins and/or minerals, we develop "deficiency syndromes". For example, lack of iron and B vitamins may cause depression. If a child was raised by abusive parents, who, in addition to being unkind to the child, deprived him of proper nutrition, he may be very depressed as an adult. A physician who examines the person may diagnose

the nutritional deficiencies and prescribe the missing vitamins and minerals. The person may say, “How are those going to remove the pain of the abuse?” The answer is that the vitamins and minerals will remedy the deficiencies, and he will have to get therapy to deal with the consequences of the abuse.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Has anyone tried Supplements 19 May 2020 21:32 #350026

• yosef10
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
I haven't , but through this journey I have found out about some inner issues that had to be dealt with before I could get better... Which eventually led me to a psychiatrist 

All i I know is that there is no supplement for commitment and smart planning... Just to have that in mind is important. A medication can't make decisions for you, you have to want it also. 

In terms of the over the counter stuff, just make sure with your doctor that whatever your taking isn't dangerous... You don't have to disclose anything... Just ask. If he says yes... Then whatever works... Works, so why not.  But if you find out some possible issues with the medication, then maybe it's time to try a couple of other paths to success ( which should be looked into regardless of the doctors answer). 

Hatzlacha Raba!!
"Sometimes the only Bechira we have is to ask for help"

Maybe you can gain something by following my journey... Or not, whatever works
MY Forum

Re: Has anyone tried Supplements 25 May 2020 02:24 #350299

I cannot comment on the positive effects of Lithium Orotate as I have never tried it.

While it is generally my practice on this forum to not give out unsolicited advice, I must echo yosef10 and caution whoever is reading this about the potential toxicity of Lithium. I recently had a patient who had a case of Lithium toxicity and lost most of his functioning, ability to walk, talk, have bladder control. While Lithium Orotate is not the same as prescribed Lithium, there is still Lithium in it nonetheless and there are documented cases of Lithium toxicity from Lithium Orotate. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet¹ and make sure to consult with a licensed medical professional before taking any such supplements.

¹ Including this post. Check out these sources for yourself: Kwan, D.; Beyene, J.; Shah, P. S. (1 November 2009). "Adverse Consequences of Internet Purchase of Pharmacologic Agents or Dietary Supplements". Journal of Pharmacy Technology. 25 (6): 355–360. doi:10.1177/875512250902500602 and Pauzé, DK; Brooks, DE (Jun 2007). "Lithium toxicity from an Internet dietary supplement". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 3 (2): 61–2. doi:10.1007/bf03160910. PMC3550087. PMID18072162 and Balon, R (Feb 2013). "Possible dangers of a "nutritional supplement" lithium orotate". Annals of Clinical Psychiatry. 25 (1): 71. PMID23376874
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes